1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Suit Boot Meditation

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, May 29, 2015.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

“Figlio mio”

“Yes Mama”

“Close your eyes, take a deep breath and chant “Suit boot sarkar” for an hour.’

“Gee mama, can’t I chant RTI? It is shorter and easier to remember”.
    “No RTI is out of fashion as is Women’s Empowerment. You need a new catchphrase to parrot everywhere”

“Okay mama. Here I go. “Beetroot sarkar, beetroot sarkar, beet…..”

“Not beatroot stupido!!!! It is “Suit boot. You can’t record such a simple term in your mind?
    Despite the tough time I had making you memorize “Women’s empowerment” I am still trying! At time I despair about my own optimism”.

"Don’t despair ma’am. It took months but he ultimately managed to learn “RTI and Women’s Empowerment” He will learn this too.”

“Thanks Diggy uncle, for your faith in me.. I will start all over again. ‘ Rootshoot stalker, rootshoot….”

“Suit boot sarkar stupido!!!!!!!!”

“Aw comeon mama. It takes time to memorize such difficult complex concepts, no?”

“Difficult concept indeed. Very difficult. I really worry how I can leave our family property sorry party in your hands”

“ If you guys leave me alone.mayy be I can then memorize coot foot….”

“Can’t you even understand suit boot?”

“Whatever. Just leave me alone will you”?

”Alright . Let us see what comes out of it”
    “Ma’am we are in trouble. Deep trouble”

“So what’s new Diggy?”

“He is going around chanting ‘ loot scoot sarkar” I suspect he might be talking about our government that went out of power last year. Such chants might make skeletons come tumbling out of our closets.”

“Already enough skeletons have come out. So should we really bother?”

“Let us at least try to keep the remaining skeletons in the closet.. So instead of teaching him such phrases why not ask MMSji to hold classes on maintaining silence.?

"The crown prince just smiles, and waves his hands like demented car wipers. His silence will give the deceptive impression to people that there is something profound about him”

“That won’t work Diggy. You see, the stupid people of this country won’t care for a leader who can’t throw around extravagant promises and come up with interesting catchphrases.. I am thinking of sending him on a trip to southeast Asia.”

”He he, Great massage parlours ma’am”.

“Not to massage parlours but to a meditation centre. Where experts will make him meditate for about a couple of months on ‘suit boot sarkar’ Of course we run the risk of the experts tearing their clothes and running on the streets in a burst of insanity but we have no alternative”.

(After about a couple of months)

“Welcome back figlio mio. Hope you have had a great learning experience”
    “Suit boot sarkar”.

“Hope you haven’t forgotten me in two months. Do you remember me?”

“Suit boot sarkar!”

“Sir I am not suit boot sarkar but Diggy, your humble boot licker oops sorry foot soldier.”
    ‘Let him go in. He must be tired. He looks dazed”

(After sometime).

“Mama this is too much Bro came in and called Robert “Suit boot sarkar”. Robert was really hurt. Granted there is an element of truth in what bro says but that doesn’t mean he has to rub it in”.

“Relax figlia mia. Your brother is so possessed by the phrase that he kept calling the servant who came to serve food ‘suit boot sarkar’ and that poor chap has given notice in sheer desperation”

“How do we get him out of this state? Should we call a shrink/”

“No I have another idea. Whenever he utters that phrase counter him with ‘RTI’ and ‘Women’s Empowerment’. May be that would work and bring him out of this dazed state”.

And that reportedly worked. Though I don’t know how it all ended it is clear that the ending was a happy one. We keep hearing that phrase but only the government and the ruling party are targeted. Ah All is Well That Ends Well.

.(Glossary for Italian challenged : Figlio: (Son), Figlia:( Daughter). Stupido (Obviously stupid).

4 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

HAHA. Super show. But u are in Delhi , so is Figlo and Figli and Roberto, and well, they might [pack u to Tihar, and throw away the key, what say !

Sp say sorry.

HAHA

Damn good, maybe i too go with u to Tihar for praising yr blog eh !

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  3. frndlysgp

frndlysgp Silver IL'ite

Well said...:rotfl Now Figlio says Modi is taking tutions from MMS to improve economy....gigglingsmiley

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

kAMALJI FOR THAT THE MOTHER SON AND CRONIES MUST COME TO POWER. aND THAT IS A PIPE DREAM UNLESS THEY GET SOME HELP FROM A BAD bjp PERFORMANCE.. sO NO JAIL KA KHANA FOR YOU AND ME.

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

tHE FIGLIO HAS THE BRAIN OF A JUVENILE DELINQUENT. IF HE HAS A BRAIN AT ALL THAT IS. SO IS IT SURPRISING THAT HE IS MAKING SILLY REMARKS AT THE DROP OF A HAT?

1 person likes this.
  6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Good one Balajee. The new avatar of RG is getting interesting by the day. Will write a snippet on that soon. politics has gone low these days, everyone is trying to show that they are superior and all others are inferior. Modi's language, AK's language, RG's language has gone all low. Modi saying that indians abroad were ashamed of India earlier (no one is ashamed of their mother land and are always proud of india and what has changed within last year to feel so much proud about?) Ak has no respect for any person or institution or the chair, calling people corrupt without proof, BJP trying to put their beliefs in education, what people eat etc, RG has also joined the same bandwagon. I am afraid that all these verbal spats will erupt someday in a violent way.

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

AK's antics and the idiotic ravings of RaGa are matters of less concern than BJP trying to rewrite history, put tie Saffron squad's beliefs in education. During Vajpayye's time the party was subdued but now it has fallen in line behind an egotist no egomaniac who made the perfect ass of himself blinded by his ego wearing a pinstripe suite with his name all over it.

1 person likes this.
  8. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Balajee,

I've always imagined you as Christopher Hitchins in your no-nonsense, full-bodied voice as religious, political and literary critique. When you write, there is potency of a slap to stir the masses all in the garb of a satire.

I don't follow Indian politics (as a matter of fact I don't follow world politics unless it is as inescapable as breaking and exploding in media telecast as FIFA corruption scandal). I'd have loved to nod, scribble marginalia, nest my viewpoint but as the topic is as alien as Donizetti's glass harmonica on F Major to this Aria, I'd like to say that your stock characterization in Indian commedia dell'arte of statesmen is enjoyable and hatke to someone who does not understand the context nevertheless admires your immediacy in caricature & depiction of current affairs.

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Aria thanks a ton. The Commedia del'Arte of Indian politics is packed with Arlecchinos wo are servabnts of any master who would reward them with power and pelf. You have mad me curious about Donizetti's Glass Harmonica in F Major. Will look for it on You Tibe/

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

LOL. One thing I can say about Indian politics for sure - no matter what I understand about it or otherwise, no matter whether I love it or despise it - and that is it gives you a lot of ammunition to churn out really hilarious stuff to give us all a good laugh. :-D So should I conclude that your main characters in the political arena are the best medicine?