1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Happiness is a matter of choice!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 26, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Happiness don't depend on external things. Its your internal way of thinking and choosing to be happy. If you choose your way to be happy , you can live a happy life even without modern amenities and opposite is you will still be unhappy with all luxuries. Happiness is a matter of choice!!

In young age I used to dream of luxurious life but now in old age I feel happiness is in living a simple life . There is so much happiness in giving happiness than receiving. When you cook a meal and its appreciated by the family and enjoyed by the family , you feel so happy.

We all have happy memories of our childhood. We never used to see whether our house is large or small. We feel happy int he experiences we shared as a family.

Happiness is when your friends, relatives and your family care for you and in turn when we care for them. Recently when I had a fall I came to know so many people are there who care about me. At this age we need love and affection from everyone and when we get in abundance we feel so happy. It seems God gives problems so that we will think of Him and gives problems to those whom He is fond of. At that time if we leave everything in His hands , He will take care and show a way to solve our problems. Because of the love everyone showed and with their prayers I became ok soon .

“Do not educate children to be rich ; Educate them to be happy ; So that when they grow up they will know the value of things and not just the price .“

14 people like this.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Happy to read your post and also to know that you are Ok now. You are a role model to all the youngsters here and they all love you so much.

Happiness is a state of mind only. Even simple living will give happiness as you have said. To get that mindset is not easy for all.

May God Bless you with robust health and happiness for ever!

PS

1 person likes this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Well said Viji. Happiness is a state of mind.We can be happy amidst poverty. But we can't be happy , however we want to be, when someone is seriously ill or when the dear and near ones are lost. We need a much more vivekam to feel calm, though not happy, at such crisis.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Pushpa Mami for your first feedback which made my day and felt I got your blessings and also for your good wishes

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Jayakka for your feedback, true when someone is ill or near ones are lost it is difficult to be happy

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

I am so delighted to know that you are doing okay. You and your husband are very contented and that is why you are always happy. Happiness comes from the quality of life one leads. Quality of life doesn't necessarily come out of wealth. You handle every difficult situation in life with equanimity and that is the reason for your happiness.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  7. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    happy to see your post and knew you are good now:)
    all lines in your post are absolutely true ....

2 people like this.
  8. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Good to know that you are recovering, Madam. Happiness is not only a state of mind but is also a much needed contagious disease which needs to be spread :)...

Take care.

Regards,

Pavithra

2 people like this.
  9. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Wow what a wonderful post about happiness. Thanks for writing and sharing such a good post. That's very true we need to teach our children to be happy. That's the most important thing in life. Wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear thank you for your sweet message