1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Ban All bureau

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, May 3, 2015.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

The reception was spick and span and furnished with sofas that gave me a sinking feeling. (I literally sank into one of them).). I was given a token as soon as I entered the office and joined a whole bunch of people waiting for their turn.
    No it certainly was not a clinic.or a bank. It was the Ban All Bureau. (BAB) If you wonder what ban all bureau is keep wondering for sometimes until I meet one of their execs. As soon as my turn came the svelte receptionist called me and asked me to go into one of the many cabins.
    I entered a cabin and faced a thirtyish bespectacled , clean shaven guy in a business suit who flashed a smile and motioned me to take a seat.
    Welcome to the Ban All Bureau “ he said. “ We offer our services in getting your works,, be it they films or books face the threat of a ban. You would be amazed to know the number of people and organisations that are on our panel who at a very short notice can create a big ruckus demanding a ban of something or other., What do you want to be banned?”
    “My last thread on IL" I said.
    "tou are in the right place. Depending upon how much you can cough up we have a whole bunch of people and organisations who would happily demand that it be banned. We have people and organisations for every price who specialize in demanding a ban, I suppose you are not satisfied the number of visits to your page.”
    “You betcha. Even after a week the number of views have not crossed the hundred mark”
    “ Ah , leave the matter to us. We will get someone to issue a statement that your blog should be banned. because it hurts some sentiment or other and see how the number of views soars, Now, let me know how much you can afford to pay for our services”.
    May I have your rate list?” I asked. He handed me the list.
    The cheapest service was getting someone to issue a press statement saying something or other should be banned. If you wanted to carry the mater forward after the statement the charges went up. A demonstration outside your house cost a lot more. Burning buses and hurling stones at government buildings demanding a ban came at a higher price. There were even special rates for getting the client arrested by cops for disturbing public order even if that bloke didn't hurt a fly.
    “We specialize in activities that excite curiosity about books and films and makes even the worst among them into superhits and bestsellers.” said the guy . Every second filmmaker and author comes here to seek our help to launch a movement against their works so that people rush to bookshops and cinemas before they are banned.. You are the first person to come here over a blog”
    “Do you have other services too?” I asked.
    “Some very specialized ones but only if you have a masochistic streak”
    “Such as?”
    “ Well for a price we can get you bashed up for writing a blog hurting the sentiments of someone. It doesn’t have to be specially controversial. Even a sentence like ‘ Earth is round’ can be used to generate protests by the flat earth society. Here a simple slap comes for 1000 bucks. Then prices go up for a few punches, being clubbed and kicked and even hospitalized with broken bones . can cost a neat packet.
    “What else do you do?” I asked.
    “Oh lot of aspiring politicians and leaders of fledgling parties land up here seeking our assistance. You see there is a general belief that if some politicians open there mouths to bad .mouth some others of their tribe the guys at the receiving end would go places. So we provide them these services”.
    He lowered his voice. “ Don’t tell anyone but there is a massive waiting list of people who want to be trashed by Rahul Gandhi. because it is a proven fact that when he opens his mouth to criticise some party that party’s flock and its stock in the political market goes up. You know our bureau was almost derailed when he did his disappearing act”.
    “Now enough of that . Let us get to your blog. How much can you pay to get it bad mouthed?”
    “Nothing”
    “Huh?”
    The list of ban seekers on your panel is so impressive that I wouldn’t like to waste their time with a humble blog. But I am impressed. . May be when someone is foolish enough to commission a movie or book by me I would seek your services. Until then happy ban all” I said.
    “What do you mean by ban all?” asked the wife as I opened my eyes. “ You nodded off watching the news on TV about the latest on that Kamal Hasan movie which was in the midst of controversy recently with someone demanding its ban.. I really don’t know how these jokers even without watching a movie get the enlightenment that it hurts their sentiments.”

Report Abuse

5 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Balaji,

You get such vivid dreams eh ! i get different ones, today just as i was about to get up to go for the morning walks, comes Rakhi sawant, at the last minute, and she was singing a song to me, u know in skimpy clothes, and i decided, that she is a better bet than my oldie cronies, and here she was singing songs to me, and me to her.Just as i was about to put my arms around her, i woke up with a start.HAHA

Well this banning thng idea is damn good. as soon as Satanci versese was banned, it became a hit eh ! So not a bad idea, HAHA.Super blog as usual.

Regards

kamal

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji you are hopelessly outdated. Rakhi Sawant is out of fashion. You should get dreams about Deepika, Shraddha or Alia. As for my dream do you see a business opportunity in it? Such a business could rake in millions. I give the idea and you invest the money and both equally share the profit. What say ?

2 people like this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Many more partners waiting in the list.
    simply fantastic imagination.You are an expert in reforming a 'throw away piece' into a hot cheirished one.What is the magic around you?

jayasala 42

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Haha Jayasala42 magicians never tell.

6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Balajee,
    Hilarious one.
    Yes, all the banned things are sweeter...it can be a book or film or politician, anything. Makes us more and more curious.
    I heard some one saying.....500 likes can be given to a posting on Facebook for a price (I cannot vouch for it, but I heard). But do we really need those likes? I always wonder.
    Syamala

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Shyamala wow. even likes on facebook have a price! Just tell me who that generous person is and I will make some pocket money! Seriously I cna't understand who stands to benefit by such a criminal waste of money. If someone raises his/her voice against a particular pbe then it will go viral. Remember the girl who questioned the closure of shops for Bal Taackeray's funeral and got arrested? Her remarks on facebook went viral ,

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Balajee, you don't even the Ban it all society to increase the views to your blog. Just this one post is sufficient to raise a lot of curiosity. If I am not mistaken, many would have checked out your profile to find out what your last thread was that you wanted banned!

2 people like this.
  9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Satchi my last thread in REAL life has scored over 1400 hits.. But we are talking here about a dream right? This dream probably originated from my lingering suspicion that lot of filmmakers engineer protests against themselves for publicity. Take the Kamal Haasan flick Uttama Villain. Both Vishwa Hindu Parishad and the Muslim League howled in chorus against i demanding a ban! Ultimately it turned out that the film had nothing anti-religious,.

1 person likes this.
  10. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Good afternoon Balajee Sir
    Superb post.
    I think it has great business potential. Even if somebody has already started this, u can always good money out of this. More d competition, more d money.
    And we audience can have better news to gossip.
    During d last general election, maybe d opposition paid money, so that Rahul visited their constituency. Beciz wherever Rahul went, d Congress lost.