1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mom's life time wish come true:)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SGBV, Apr 30, 2015.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I was absent to my work place yesterday all of a sudden. This made my mom worry about my physical and psychological health as I am not someone who makes excuses to my office work.

However, I maintained a happy face throughout. So that she could feel a little relaxed.

I cooked fresh meals, decorated the house a bit, dressed up the kids and also made my mom wears a nice housecoat. This somehow revealed the reason behind my stay at home for the day.

When my mom was about to ask me something, the door bell rang. She rushed to open it as I purposefully engaged with some other tasks inside a room.

The visitor was a 65 yr old tall man with a bald head, dark skin yet with all his charming.
    Mom could not believe her eyes. She may have lost her vision due to overwhelmed tears.

Both stared at each other, dumbfounded for a moment as they stayed speechless until I interrupted there to introduce myself and the kids.
    I tried to ease that atmosphere thus they could begin the communication.

A little background about them

Some 40 years back, my mom had met this uncle at their college and fell in love. However, their love affair was not accepted by both families due to religious differences (this uncle was a Hindu then). Although he was ready to convert, and my grand parents were almost ready to accept their affair, this uncle had other reasons not to marry my mom. His responsibility towards his unmarried elder sisters chased him out of the country for work. Then he slowly committed with a woman there by thinking mom would have given up the idea of marrying him as years gone by. They departed forever.

After a few years, my mom had an arranged marriage with my dad and lead a very happy and peaceful marriage life for 25 years till she became his widow. During her times with dad, she never once mentioned about her lost love or her inner yearning to meet this uncle. Perhaps, she never ever yearned so.

But my dad's demise made her lonely for some years before her grand-kids popped in and made her busy. During one such lonely time, she once mentioned her past life with me. And then on one day, she said that she was cared to know how this uncle's life was, and also to see him if possible before her last times. Her intention was to tell him how happy she was/is to make him guilt free.

With whatever the information she shared with me, I managed to locate this uncle through social media. Then I somehow reached to his number to confirm he is the right person.
    He was equally curious to know about my mom and our lives the moment he learnt about mom.

But then, this uncle's wife was almost in her death bed with a deadly cancer. So, I didn't want to divert his concentration, yet silently followed his FB page.

The moment I learnt his wife is no more, but he is living a lone life in the UK after all his kids' are married and settled elsewhere, I made this request to visit us one fine time to see my mom.

I kept all this as a secret with my mom until they met after 35 years.

They spoke all about their lost spouses, their happy marriage life and how they miss their spouses. They shared albums, spoke about their kids, their success, and the life in general as adults.

After so many years, I could still see the pure friendship and the platonic love between them.

My mom made his favorite special dish for that day and we served a memorable lunch to this uncle. Both my siblings, their spouses and children were also gathered at my place to greet him. This may have melted him, because he left our place to UK silently with a smile in both the adults' blinking eyes.

I cherished this moment as very special one, because I felt so proud to make one of my mom's life time wish a success.

sindmani, Kishw, kaniths and 30 others like this.

2. krya

krya New IL'ite

Was really nice to read what you did for your mom ... friendssmiley
    :wow:2thumbsup::goodidea:

3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

What a beautiful thing you did for your mum and that uncle.

4. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Aah @SGBV, you never cease to amaze me!

What a lovely idea and how perfectly executed. Kudos. You made a very very beautiful experience possible for your mom, a very special gift. Simply beautiful!

5. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

@SGBV - After reading ur post, i was thinking this is such a romantic story. I envy you for being a part of it and for having executed it. I can just see the smile and happiness on your mom's face and that uncle's face.
    It was very super of the uncle to have come all the way to meet ur mom.
    Your Mom is one very lucky mother to have kids like u all.

6. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

omg..what you did is so precious.I wish i could do something like this for my mom who is a widow.But her secrets are buried way inside her :wink:

7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

A befitting fulfillent by a worthy daughter to a deserving mother. Kudos to you, Madam.

Jayasala 42

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear SGV,

Wow what can i say. touchign to say the least.Would u mind it if they marry ?

2 people like this.
  9. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Hats off to you. !!! Lovely gesture. :)

10. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

You are amazing sgbv!!!!