1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Amman kovilukku paal kudam sumakka vaarungal!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Apr 26, 2015.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

On the day we were under house arrest my DH went to buy the lock for our main door. He took the carpenter along with him to choose the lock which will correctly fit to the door.

On the way some people stopped the car and requested our driver and the carpenter to carry the milk kudam to perform puja at the Amman temple for seeking blessings for Amma to become the CM again. They told that they needed 250 persons and they will give them 200 rupees and a Briyani packet. Vehicles were also diverted due to the paal kudam procession!

But our driver and carpenter politely refused the offer saying that they had some urgent work. But later the carpenter told that he forgot to get the driller and went back. Perhaps he didn't want to miss the 200 rupees and the Briyani packet.

All most in all parts of the state and even Karnataka and other states also Pujas are performed and so everywhere this crowd pulling method might be used for Amma's return to the throne.

Hope that all the Deities will shower the blessings and fulfill the devotees wish!

1 person likes this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa,
    Ellaame kelik kooththu aagi varugirathu.
    When I read the title I thought you are talking about some paal kaavadi.
    I am reminded of an incident that happened some 15 years back. Kumbabhishekam arrangements were on for our family deity'Prasanna Venkatachalapathi Temple in Gunaseelam in Tiruchy district.We got a ticket for rs 500/
    Five Thousand people got the ticket. On the appointed day all the five thousand people in 'Vaaththalai' a place one km away from the people.It was said that each one of us would carry a small new kudam containing a litre of milk and walk to the temple and as the queue moves they could have darsan of Milk abhishekam ..A big milk lorry arrived. The devotees shouted at the top most voice'Srinivasa govinda. Each one was handed over a new cute small brass kudam with lid.We expected milk to be poured into our kudm through a tap. Nothing happened. The lorry proceeded towards the temple. All of us walked fast. Within 45 mts we reached the temple.As we entered, to our great dismay and disappointment, it was announced that paal abhishekam was already over and we were handed over a small plasic bottle containing 30ml of milk as prasadam.
    We understood that the van reached late beyond the scheduled time. So they performed normal milk abhishekam with just2 litres of milk.
    They connected a long rubber tube to the tanker outlet.The tube was taken inside the garba gruham and all 5000 litres ( or less )of milk was just poured on the deity's head as a torrent and the tank was emptied as they discharge water into our sumps.The amt of rs 25 lakhs collected ( less charges of Rs 100 per kudam) went to flatten the bellies of the greedy few.
    All our dreams of participating in the paal kudam procession became unrealised. A feeling of disgust filled our minds.
    Jayasala 42

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Great this can be turnexd into business. Money and food guaranteed., 299 bucks for palkudam . 1,000 per head plus biryani and chicken roast for alagu kavadi and 10,000 per head and a five course meal for walking on fire to ensure that Amma returned to power. To ensure that this Amma returned to power they are buttering that greater Amma upstairs.

4. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

PS Mam,

When I read the title I thought you are sharing an incident that you witnessed, definitely not the other one here. News channels have not failed in telecasting the processions, abhishekams, annadanam etc etc for the ex CM's return ....it's now a daily routine no more a big news.

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Jaya,
    The temples are the most commercialized places. Even social organizations are run with the aim of making personal gains. Of course there are few social welfare organizations which really do service to the downtrodden.
    Thanks for sharing your experience at a renowned temple. I feel service to the needy will please the God .

PS

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Balaji,
    People are collected for rallies and election meetings in the same way by offering Briyani and money just to show off. It is really disgusting when we come to know all these things.

PS

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Scorpio,
    How they are managing to pull the crowd for showing their gratitude to their leader with these kind of tactics is very disgusting. I hate to watch this news channel showing elaborately only about the Pujas conducted all over the state.

PS

8. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pushpa aunty,

I don't know what to say. Seriously, they bribe people with biryani packets to take 'Paal Kudam' for, not amman, but amma???? Politics is ripe with comedy these days, I guess. :rotfl

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Meena,
    Giving bribe to people for bribng Amman with 250 paal kudam for Amma's return to power.
    Freebies and bribes are the mantras used by the Dravidian parties in Tamilnadu for capturing power.
    PS