1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am getting young(dont know whether it is getting young or growing young)or feeling

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 26, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Now a days I feel I am growing young or feeling young. They say after 60 yrs you should start counting your age from 1 , so in that way I will be completing 12 yrs this August.I am enjoying this phase of life. When I was young I could not enjoy so many things. Some of those things I am enjoying now. People may laugh that at this age I should not be like that, think of God and be spiritual . That also I do. When I was young I used to like jimki very much but those days I could not wear at all and now I can but because of age I cant wear jimki. You all by know mustbe know I like toenjoy life,dress up well , wear matching etc. etc. I have matching clips now. I make different jewelleries for myself and for children too. So instead of wearing gold necklace I wear the ordinarys ones which I make. The other day some lady was selling chains and necklace during some programme. I bought one chain from her and one lady was saying you want to look 25 yrs young or what, as it is daily you wear matching chains, why you wantto buy now. When I used to wear gold chains, this same lady used to tell me be careful of your gold chain there is so much robbery. I get very irritated when people younger than me advise me as if I dont know. I am very fond of sarees and have somany, some I give to my relatives but still there are so many. So I wear to my hearts content whenever we go for spiritual programmes, marriages etc.

Also when we got married me and my husband could not go out much and he is not a person who likes to go out. Also he used to have his weekly holiday on Wednesday and me on Saturday and Sunday and we used to get holidays togetber very rare. Now we are enjoying going out together and many notice us going out. Today also one lady was saying I saw you both going out everyday in the evening. I told her we were going for Bajanotsav for 10 days.

I have to thank Jey and Malathy for this site because of which I learnt writing and making jewellery and creative crafts. Also thank God for the bright eyes after my cataract operation otherwise I would not be able to do jewellery at this age.

Pray to God to keep us healthy and happy always to be able to attend the spiritual programmes and other functions

14 people like this.

2. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Re: I am getting young(dont know whether it is getting young or growing young)or feel

@iyerviji
    Hi Maa:)
    I feel growing young or feeling young is really a gift.what you are doing and feeling is good, no need to care about others. I think Do whatever I like which is not harmful to others that's it.

take care of your health and be happy :)

1 person likes this.
  3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Re: I am getting young(dont know whether it is getting young or growing young)or feel

Viji ma age is just a number !!! You have every right to enjoy and do what YOU want at every age!!!!Enjoy !!!

1 person likes this.
  4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear vijimam,
    Keep up the high spirits always. This will not only make you but others around you also happy.

2 people like this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Enjoy! enjoy,
    Old age is a blessing/Having completed your responsibilities, you can be yourself. More than sarees and jewels, the freedom you have make you really happy. For 60 years you have lived for the family. Now you live for yourself,.
    Wish you happy simple contented life with peace and prosperity.
    I am proud of you, young girl of 27!

jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  6. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

@Viji aunty,

You have every right to wear what pleases you and brings you happiness. These people who think they have the right to advise you, poor advice at that, are in no place to say such things to you.

Please continue going out with your husband and enjoy your life. You are not answerable to anyone nor do you have to give justification to anyone.

This is a beautiful phase in your life. I greatly admire you for using your time productively and sharing your wonderful moments with us.

1 person likes this.
  7. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

You are truly blessed that you feel and live fully like a young person. I wish more and more people start feeling young instead of old. Age trully is a state of mind.

You joy for life really is like my parent's. My dad openly says he is young - not due to vanity- but more to say he can work harder than a person half his age. My mom does not say that but her enthusiasm for life is contagious.

Enjoy these carefree days with your husband. May God bless you for with many many more of those.

1 person likes this.
  8. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@iyerviji:

Every post of yours outshines the previous one. I found myself smiling when I read your post. Lovely and refreshing as always.

Confession: Some days when I feel low, I roam around your posts to get myself energized.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viji,

I am not a fan of "Aunty" and Ma'am labels, so addressing you like this. Please do not mind.

Don't listen to the advice of such misguided souls. I often read your posts in many sub-forums here, and wish many people I know would take to the internet like you have. The Reln forum threads are very time-consuming, so I don't post feedback often for your posts.

Aah, such responses can be vexing. I hope you prepare some pithy responses and give it back. Or a simple pause and look at the person like they are totally crazy, would work in a pinch.

Reading the last line brought so much trupti/satisfaction. Keep at it. Wear to your heart's content. To do that, to have the time and inclination to do that, and to come and post about it in a forum - golden. Beautiful. Hats off!

Don't say it just plainly that going for Bhajanotsav for 10 days. Talk about recording it, uploading to youtube - make that person wish they will have time and energy to go to similar functions. got it, flaunt it.

God Bless. May your tribe grow. May this become a normal lifestyle. You are an inspiration.

4 people like this.
  10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji madam,

At this point of life you have every right to do what makes you feel happy. No more bringing up children, educating them and help them in settling down...when all this is over you and your husband have to do what you like to do and not what you "have" to do. Have a good time...wear nice saress, browse, IL and everything else that you enjoy.
    Digression...my mother used to have a passion for sarees and in general passion for life. A saree seller used to come to our house, Guntur Zari sarees and she used to buy every month. Nothing can make her happier than giving her a saree.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.