1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Akshaya tritiya

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Apr 21, 2015.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

You see all news papers.Flooded with page full advertisements by jewellery shops spending lakhs on advts expecting crores -turn over.
    Whether Vyasa started writing Mahabharata, Ganges descended from heaven, or Kuchela got his hut converted into a palace on this auspicious day,we don't know;but people throng jewellery shop with the firm belief that their gold hoardings would grow.All MIL -DIL conflicts are forgotten on this day, both dress up early in the morning to stand in the queue in front of the the jewellery shops.

In villages Akshaya tritiya used to be celebrated in temples with a big white cloth spread for nearly 30 feet in front of Graba Gruham and filled with cooked rice spread over called-anna Pavadai. Later the rice will be distributed. Certain miradars had anna danam in their house under the belief that the punyam out of charity may grow undiminished.Today what grows undiminished is the price of gold.

Academic year is fast approaching. We see many women haunting the shops to buy atleast 2 sovereigns of gold for their 7 year old daughter so that they could gift at least 40 sovereigns during her wedding- a blocked investment and additional worry about safety.They would somehow manage the school/college expenses soon to follow.
    The innocent faith is taken full advantage of the bullion merchants and this is a fine marketing technology.My friend had lot of belief in this 'akshaya business. She lost her credit card and a few thousands in the mad rush in T. Nagar Usman Road. in 2006 on the Akshaya Tritiya Day.She didn't learn a lesson.
    Next year she lost her chain. The third year she got involved in a major accident.She needed three misfortunes to desist away from this maddening crowd.

We lose our hard earned money in the form of wastages onlyto make a few bellies fat.They amass wealth in crores at the cost of gullible public.
    It is better girls start wearing flowers and go around resembling Shakunthala of Kalidasa.Who knows, flowers too may become too costly to afford.

With gold mining totally stalled, imposition of curbs on Gold imports becoming unavoidable,we may go in for seeds having long shelf life for making jewels.Some strange names as linkofilia( Chains)bangalica for bangles, audacia for studs, nostrilla nigella for nose studs and mangalika indica for thalis may appear in the markets.

Gold may become a thing of the past,only to be shown in pictures and books.
    Of course there will be 'golden' opportunities and persons of'golden' character.
    After all God is hidden inside 'GOLD'. Once the 'l' -lust for gold is removed ,the eternal GOD will start shining for ever.and that is the real AkSHAYA.-never diminishing grace.

Jayasala 42

Jayasala 42

2. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

How true.. !! Instead of starting to do 'good' things , people have become greedy and started to accumulate 'goodies'... Kaliyug !!

3. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Today instead of Annadhanum ,all are standing in queue to enter the shop and purchase some gold in the crowd without even seeing it properly.

Today nobody values a person with "golden character" and only a person who is having lots of gold is given loads of respect and value.

As vanitha said this is Kaliyug

2 people like this.
  4. jayasala42

Dear Vanitha,
    Thank you for the response. Somehow this mania grows unchecked.If educated women desist from such practices,perhaps the impact of Kaliyug influence may not be that severe.

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  5. jayasala42

Dear Harini,
    Because of the myth created by business magnets, all fall into the trap notwithstanding knowledge of the actual loss.
    Yesterday three ladies have been relieved of their chains while travelling by Bangalore mail to madras.We do not seem to have learnt any lesson out of all these intances.

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  6. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Jayasala Mam,

So true...surprisingly every year the crowds thronging to the jewelry stores only increases on this day...if by buying gold can bring/increase fortune, then won't our country be the richest nation ??I also happened to read an advertisement today in the paper which said "Bring smiles in the lives of your loved ones" - and I was shocked, from when did smile equate to gold...

Still this frenzy would not stop...happy and lucky are the business chaps...

1 person likes this.
  7. jayasala42

Dear Scorpio,
    For a long time, women are depicted to be satisfied with the gift of gold.So many mythological auspicious events are now attributed to Akshaya tritiya.Women, why men also have become crazy. Taking advantage of this, Mutual Funds market their gold bonds.Longing for a day when all these are going to cease.
    jayasala 42

sindmani likes this.
  8. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

:cool2:
    I loved your closing statement :)

@jayasala42
    I enjoyed your stricture against those who throng the gold shops on this auspicious day !!

This was not so before - this rushing to gold shops has come along with the marketing spiel about Valentine's day sale, Republic day sale, sales for Aadi (as you are NOT supposed to buy) - we buy more because there is a sale and the sale exists because people should not buy - wah wah what brilliant logic !!!

I heard it for the first time in 2003 after my marriage - and I asked my aunt what is this, are we supposed to do something?
    My aunt told me - just keep a small potli of plain rice in your cupboard/pooja - that is enough to bring in the "Akshaya"

My FIL used to buy a small gold coin for me just before Varalakshmi Vratam

1 person likes this.
  9. jayasala42

Dear hrastro,
    Thank you for the wonderful response. Akshaya tritiya is making foools of all the elite individuals who just become victims to the massive advt technique of business magnets.It is just like wantonly falling into a dilapidated well.
    Jayasala 42

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Smt Jayasala:

It looks like the sellers of gold found out the best to way to convince the buyers to show in large numbers by declaring a specific day as auspicious. I clearly see this as a marketing ploy to bring people to the shops on a given day. Cheating under the name of religion existed for many years which include many Sanyasis, people who do black magics, etc. Now, we have to add gold sellers to this list.

As long as people are ready to believe whatever is said, there will be people who are ready to cheat. If Lord Parasurama was born on that day and if Lord Ganesha and Veda Vyasa started writing Mahabharata, then, it should be celebrated with an intend to build courage and knowledge respectively. Goddess Lakshmi is not born on that day for anyone to buy gold and build wealth. People need to realize the biggest wealth is knowledge that leads to wisdom and courage that helps us to face anything in life.

Viswa