1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Our trek up to Godland!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by hrastro, Apr 2, 2015.

1. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa

I am so glad to have reminded you of your own wonderful journey !

It must have been very easy as a youngster - I remember climbing Kedarnath when I was 23 - it was a breeze ! All 14 kms up and down, just enjoying the company of the chanchal (restless) Mandakini river !

And 15 years later, this is my state :)

My DH and DS both were totally cool - they had no signs of even breathlessness or strain - I said I got tired climbing, they got tired waiting for me :)

Thanx for the blessings
    HR

2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Who else but HE has all the answers @jayasala42 !!

Amazing experience ! And how HE sees through your soul and makes you think and take the next course of action ? How did HE pass the message to your DH to take that leap of faith, stay back and attempt the walk !!! Wow !!!

I came back home and climbing steps to my first floor flat, I stopped at the landing for breath after 5-6 steps !!

How did I keep up 50 continuous steps there even at 2000 steps ? No answers :)

3. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

@hrastro
    It is always pleasing to read about nice things happening. Happy you are successful in your darshan of the Lord of seven hills.

wishing you and your family all health and wealth

4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Thank you GaythriV !!

5. Daenerys

Daenerys Senior IL'ite

It was a captivating read.You have indeed motivated me to take up the trek. I did that as a child and fo some reason I keep telling myself I cant do it. Thanks for the inspiration HR!

6. ahtinani

ahtinani Silver IL'ite

"I saw that many women - whether 20s or 60s - had similar difficulties, and took almost the same time to complete the trek. Most husbands were carrying their wife's handbags by the time they reached the top"

This is exactly true.wow what a experience!!! I too had that..While reading,I went back to that day.Sure this is one of my cherished memories.I think there is some external force of god,that pulls up.