1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Frankly Speaking: Arnab Goswami interviews Arvind Kejriwal

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

This is a spoof on the way Arnab conducts his interviews. He dwells and drills the guests too much on unimportant issues.

Arnab: We have Delhi CM Mr.Arvind Kejriwal as our guest today. Welcome Mr. Kejriwal.

AK: Thanks Arnab. Greetings to all the viewers.

Arnab: Mr. Kejriwal, thanks for taking out time to attend this interview. I know you are very busy with all that is going on in Delhi. But you know, our viewers need to be informed.

AK: I don't mind it. I have dedicated my life to the service of the people.

Arnab: Mr. Kejriwal, we have met twice before in this setting and I have observed you over the years. One thing I noticed is that you never coughed before 2011 but suddenly you started coughing, the first time in December 2012 and then it stopped and then it restarted, exactly in December 2014. So my question is why did you change your behavior? Are you faking coughing?

AK: You see Arnab, I am honest, I ....

Arnab: Mr. Kejriwal, you are deflecting my question. My question is are you faking coughing?

AK: I am answering your question, let me speak. You see I am honest, I ...

Arnab: Mr. Kejriwal, you are again deflecting my quesion. I am asking you a simple question, are you faking coughing? It is as simple as Yes or No.

AK: Arnab, Can I speak now?

Arnab: Go ahead, you are the guest. We want our guest to speak more.

AK: Thanks Arnab. So I am honest. When an honest person like me has to lie about other people or make promises that i know i can't fulfill, I get chocked, followed by a chronic cough attack. Just like if Aloknath, who believes in peace, is asked to beat a goon, his hand will rise as if he is giving a blessing. Similarly, ....

Arnab: Mr. Kejriwal. That is not my question. I am repeating 3rd time my question, Are you faking coughing?

AK: I get these chronic cough attack everytime ......

Arnab: I did my research on chronic cough. It can happen anytime of the day. However, your coughing seems to start at around 4 pm and end at 8 pm. I have seen all the videos of your meetings and i have observed that your coughing is a dry chocking cough and not a chronic cough. In a chronic cough, you have a heavy dry cough followed by a cough with mucous. So, Mr. Kejriwal, are you faking coughing?

AK: I get coughing attacks all the time. Coughing doesn't see the time of the day.

Arnab: No, Mr. Kejriwal. Our research team investigated and asked all your security guards if they heard you coughing at night. They said you don't cough at night. So, are you faking coughing?

AK: Arnab, at night, i don't have to lie to anyone or give promise to anyone, so the chronic coughing attack does not come.

Arnab: But Mr. Kejriwal, you also went to Bangalore to get treated for the cough and diabetes. However, our research says that you were mainly treated for diabetes and not for cough. Now you are not coughing. So were you faking coughing?

AK: Arnab, now i won the election with overwhelming majority so there is no need for me to lie or make promises so I don't get coughing attacks.

Arnab: I will let our viewers decide if you were faking coughing or not. Let's poll our viewers. Viewers, do you believe Mr. Kejriwal was faking coughing?

Arnab: oh that was quick, we received 66 replies, all from Delhi. 65 said No, 1 said Yes.

AK: See Delhi people still believe me and majority believes me.

Arnab: Mr. Kejriwal all of them were AAP MLAs.

AK: I hate Yes-men. (thinkingsmileythinking, I thought I drove away all the dissidents, who is the one that is still remaining:bonk).

Arnab: So, Mr. Kejriwal, thanks for joining me even though you didn't answer my question, it is always a pleasure to have you.

16 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

I started coughing with laughter :):):)

Is this fake no definitely not A82 aka IL Arnab :):):)

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha lovely. Trust Arnab to ask such trivial questions as if they are matters of earth shaking importance. After all, what do you expect from a guy who dedicated an entire newshour debate to the fact that Rahul Gandhi dozed off in parliament for 30 seconds.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akanksha
    I got this forward a few days back. I am sure that your Arnab fans will be thrilled!

The nation’s popular entertainment channel, Times Now, received a major jolt yesterday, after its editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami, was hospitalized after being diagnosed with normal blood pressure. A team of doctors, headed by Dr.Trehan, attending on the nation’s collective voice said that Goswami’s blood pressure had plunged to 120/80, which is the human normal blood pressure reading, but an unusual low for Goswami.

“Arnab visited us late in the night yesterday and complained of uneasiness – he said that he was feeling unusually calm, relaxed and soothed. That caused him to panic and he immediately called on me. I measured his blood pressure and it was 120/80 which is way below his normal of 190/100. He’s in our special ward right now and we’re trying to resuscitate him by making him watch a compilation of the most ridiculous statements of Sanjay Jha, Zafar Hilaly, Syed Tariq Pirzada and so on. Those statements, along with a crate of Redbull cans, should make him recover in a flash and he should be discharged by tomorrow,” Dr.Trehan told The UnReal Times.

“I’ve advised him to be careful and not to slip into these rare moments of peace and calm, as those would be detrimental to him. If ever his blood pressure goes as low as 100/70, he could end up in an extremely critical condition. It’s for this reason that he’s not inviting panelists like The Ashutosh to The Newshour these days. That day, when The Ashu accused Sambit Patra of “filibusting” the debate, Arnab broke into an uproarious laughter. Fortunately after that, there was something ridiculous for him to outrage on and his blood pressure shot right back to 190/100. For the same reason, I’ve advised him to stop reading The UnReal Times also, for a few days,” Dr.Trehan added.

Sources added that Congress leader Abhijit Mukherjee has already been put on alert, to be used as a foolproof resuscitator in future, when Arnab’s blood pressure goes really low. “Abhijit Mukherjee is the last resort. Only he can save Arnab if we also fail,” Dr.Trehan signed off.

Meanwhile, after advising Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, PM Narendra Modi called up Goswami too, on the telephone, inquiring about his health and advising him to undergo “furiopathy” treatment, with his party leaders like Sakshi Maharaj and Sadhvi Prachi. “Each time I speak to them, they’ve never failed to rile me up and make me feel like shattering the window panes with a scream. Try them, they should be able to help you too, just by their sheer ridiculousness,” PM Modi reportedly told Goswami.
    Sri

6 people like this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That was hilarious Akanksha. Fabulous take of on Arnab! :-D

6. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Arvind Goswami: Mrs Akanksha1982, this is ridiculous(shouts, that the mike just flew off his coat).
    You can’t expose me like this on a national media. The people of the nation knows I ask questions on their behalf, if it sounds silly..so be it. Let me tell you, I’m not going to oblige you Mrs Akanksha 1982. I will continue to ask questions, what the nation wants to know.

Hehehe..hey Akanks, fantastic piece..I'm loving it :biggrin2:

7. Akanksha1982

hehe... GG. tusi great ho (you are great) how can one cough and laugh at the same time?

For faking, not so easy, u know it's not for you to decide whether you are faking or not, IL Arnab decides after seeing videos and other research. :rotfl

8. Akanksha1982

Thanks Balajee sir. It is a reality show more than news. It is just meant for TRPs. I had read that our ex-PM, Deve Gowda used to doze off in parliament and in meetings as well. Arnab forgot that these are politicians and they work with their unconscious mind unlike others. Their unconscious mind is always working 24x7. :rotfl

9. Akanksha1982

Thanks Cheeniya Sir. That's hilarious. I think Modi handled him very well by speaking in pure hindi (Arnab doesn't know much hindi) and answering the questions right away. Arnab was trying hard to squeeze in his research and repeat the question and Modi calmly saying i already answered your question.

10. Akanksha1982

Thanks Satchitananda. Its fun to watch Arnab.

1 person likes this.