1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When Mango Men Come Marching In

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

A grim silence prevailed at the national executive meeting of the Mango Man Party . Every one maintained an appropriate poker face until the Sole Great Leader (SGL)broke the silence
    “What the hell is going on ?” he cried. “ I heard that a member of the executive has been bashed up by bouncers outside this venue. Is this how the party functions?”
    “What sort of a party are we. We have to hire bouncers to bash up dissidents!!!!!! Don’t we have in house goons to do such dirty jobs? Bouncers!!!!!!!!! Are we running a political party or a night club or disco?
    One member raised his hand.
    “Yes?” asked the SGL..
    “Sir, every party has goons but we don’t and we hire bouncers to do the job isn’t it? He asked.
    “Have I been talking in Swahili so far? That’s exactly what I said. I know I appreciate yessirbobs but still you don’t have to parrot everything that comes out of my mouth.”
    “No boss. We don’t have goons. We hire bouncers because we are different. Aren’t we the party that makes a difference?”
    “We are also a volunteer –driven party. So what about the volunteers?”
    “What about them?”
    “Why couldn’t they have bashed up the unwelcome guys who question my status as SGL?”
    “Sorry boss, but the volunteers didn’t volunteer. But hiring bouncers has its advantages”
    “What advantages?”
    ”First we generate jobs. There are more bouncers than nightclubs can employ. Quite a lot of them are jobless and running out of touch with their profession. By employing them we generate jobs, prevent those guys from rusting and help them bring home bread to their family”.
    That is great., Even while failing on the task of generating water, power and taking care of sanitation in the city we are generating jobs. Why didn’t I think of that before?”
    Another acolyte of the Great Leader raised his hand.
    “Well, shoot”.
    We have a request from our southern units. They say bouncers are not enough. There it is impossible for them to be recognized as a political party unless they have in house goons.. Every party has them and it is a vital status symbol there. And sumo……”
    That is the limit!!!!!!!! We can’s hire Sumo wrestlers from Japan to make a chutney out of malcontents. We may make a difference but not that much difference”
    “Not sumo wrestlers boss but Tata Sumos. Goons are not respected as goons there unless they move around in Tata Sumos. If they don’t arrive in these SUVs for bashing up sessions they are just laughed off. It is a question of credibility boss. There nobody votes for a party without goons without Sumos”.

“Oh dear, never thought that running a political party would cost pretty packet.” groaned the, .SGL.
    True but we need them because everyone with some credibility seems to be rushing out of the party likes rats deserting a sinking ship. That could lead to dwindling of the flock. Without the goons we can’t keep peop,le in line. Look what will happen if no one except you believes that you are the SGL.”
    “Things we are forced to do to maintain the inner party democracy.” sighed SGL. “So let us do the needful for it and conclude the meeting here”>
    “The meeting ended with the singing of the party anthem” Bhaja Arvindam, Bhaja Arvindam, Arvindam Bhaja moodamathe”..

5 people like this.

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Well-written piece Balajee. Enjoyed reading it with Bhaja Arvindam in the background :)

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji
    AAP bade ache likhte ho eh ! Superb satire, the bouncers one damn good, yes poor fellows they will get some jobs too eh .HAHA

4. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Superb @Balajee The last line was awesome. Bhaj Arvindam. Goons are not respected as goons there unless they move around in Tata Sumos - That was funny. Reminded me of scenes of the movie Chennai Express. Simply hilarious. Thanks for sanitizing the language used by AK.

Actually, your title reminded me of real mangoes and was thinking that mangoes have arrived in India. Growing up, we kids used to wait for the mango man come with the wooden box of mangoes for delivery. The box had raw mangoes and dry grass and the mangoes used to ripe slowly. Every day we had to shuffle the mangoes. I miss those Alphonso mangoes.

5. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Balajee ,

I understand and appreciate your satire.

But is SGL is that bad? Or you have heard one side of the story by the media who are very much interested in thrillers and fishing in troubled waters? And if the Mango Man just carried away by these media reports what will happen to the declared objectives of corruption free, Mango Man accessible administration? Did you do real investigation and judiciously concluded the SGL is a villain?

If you can honestly say yes to yourself and written the satire, you have done justice to the Mango Man. Well done.

If not, I would like to read your second satire.

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Buttyerflyce thanks.

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji thanks. MangoMan Party can start a recruitment drive for bouncers.t

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha if I didn't sanitixe the language used by AK moderators would replace AK's words with stars. As for real mangoes, I am no fan of alfonsos. I think it is over hype. The best mango anywhere not only in India is banganapalli As far as I know it is the only mango you can eat along with the skin. It is fleshy sweet with a slight tinge of acidity. It has a pale yellow flesh and looks like a real khaate peethe ghar ka aam, big and fat. In north India it is called safeda, may be to prevent people from spraining their jaws trying to pronounce Banganapalli correctly instead of turning it into baingan ki phali.

1 person likes this.
  9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Suryakala let me make it clear that I have been a staunch supporter of Aam Admi Party and I still back it albeit with reservation.s. To be fair, it still remains a better option than BJP and Congress at least as far as Delhi is concerned.. To be charitable as parties go it is a child compared to its main rivals. It is learning to walk. My satire is just meant to express my reservations out of concern that AAP shouldn't do anything to play into the hands of its rivals to highlight the disturbing trends that could damage it badly. The fact is like other parties dissent is increasingly frowned upon instead of discussing contrasting views in party fora. There is a personality cult being built arount Kejriwal and as Medha Patkar pointed out before quitting AAP everything is getting centralized. I won't say dissidents are a bunch of angels either. The slanging match has reached a new low with a follower of a dissident group making vulgar insinuations about the personal life of a close follwer of Kejriwal who himself has used unprintable language about Shanti Bhushan. Despite everything I think these guys at least most of them are still clean.

1 person likes this.
  10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

@balajee,
    Superb satire! I liked the last line "Baja aravindam."
    I wonder how an educated cultured man stoop to such low level and use such a filthy language.
    We had high hopes on AAP, but all got shattered now.

PS