1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vagabond aka Vague-a-bond...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GoogleGlass, Mar 25, 2015.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Vagabond aka Vague-a-bond...

All commoners don’t turn uncommon by achieving something worthy of a praise or recognition in the society. That’s in the larger interest. Within a family they do achieve a great lot but go unrecognized and remain a commoner forever and pass away.

Vagabonds are they? Is there no purpose within the confined family field of operation? Shooting stars are they? Falling out giving light and burn off and perish to ash.

All ashaas (wishes) end up in ash. In the journey to ash they are just a trash. Having said that is the journey so vague? No not at all. There is the bond that doesn’t allow you to just perish on realizing the truth. If it had then all would be in deep penance by now.

Those that went after penance turned uncommoners and were vagabonds in search of something, so they were not with out any aashaas!!! Their aashaa was to be aashaaless. How strange can that be more? Have to have an aashaa to be aashaaless.

Shed shame you are shameless. Shed aashaa to be aashaaless. That doesn’t happen. There is the aashaa to be aashaaless and so you can never be aashaaless.

The more these thoughts linger the more you get confused, let me remain a commoner and go unrecognized and have my piece of mind, remain vague-a-bond to the extent possible.

Happiness in being so of use to the family is the purpose that holds me strong. Am pretty happy about it. And you too can be happy now, that I am putting the shutters to these ever lingering thoughts... :)

9 people like this.
  2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nice one GG:)

We all carve for some aashaa or the other which is endless, in the end even if it results to aashaaless, as a human we never let go this aashaa:biggrin2:

2 people like this.
  3. GoogleGlass

ha ha ha - true A'

let go and letting go there is a difference, let me not start again, I am letting go that aashaa to explain and confuse :):):)

1 person likes this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear GG,
    A great philosophy couched in humour. You are correct. Ashhaless life is not a life at all,.
    There is an ambition to become ambitionless.Even to have a thoughtless mind, we need to have a thought about it initially.
    Therefore 'shoonya is stated to mean full.
    You say that you have closed the shutters but in fact you have opened the shutters to many of our thoughts.
    There need to be a set of useless ( in the eyes of common man)people for the society to become really useful -in the real sense of the term.
    We normally use the word'use' in the commercial sense.We don't encourage activities that don't bring in dabboo( paisa)
    There are so called scientists,doctors, engineers, bankers who are stated to have utilitarian value.
    Vagabonds or nomads are deemed useless.
    But utilitarian derive usefulness only from break-ups, researchers find solution only after sleeping over;music gives unlilmited happiness because of combination with intermittent silence.
    We have had sages, rishis, and siddhas who seemed to be doing nothing.They have enjoyed what the real sukham of being 'summa'( without doing anything).Actually their silence or wandering have helped many to realise the truth of life.
    Being commercial with an intent to make money is very easy.Really difficult thing is to be a vagabond without thoughts.
    I think the snippet awaits many more useful replies to keep the vagabond awake.

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  5. GoogleGlass

A very insightful response as ever from you J42 - thank you.

Would love to read more views on the same as you mentioned.

6. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

GG, I first thought this to be something on the likes of James Bond, LOL, don't ask why OK.

Nice one, seems like "Soul Searching" is lingering on somewhere ;-) remember ??

3 people like this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Nice one...அத்தனைக்கும் ஆசைப்படு'ன்னு சும்மாவா சொன்னாங்க? Even if it means liberation

2 people like this.
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So well stated GG. Even the desire to be desireless is born of a desire. Just as there is no unselfish act in the world. Everything is done only for one's own happiness. Yes, even the martyr. Why does he/she sacrifice so much for others? To make them happy. But why make them happy? To make me happy. I feel happy seeing others happy. So there is really nothing such as an unselfish action either in this world.

3 people like this.
  9. GoogleGlass

Never will I ask S7 :) you would send me on a Russian espionage :)

Your park travails are the reason - relax no more walks :)

2 people like this.
  10. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

GG.. Has become IL Buddha...

'Desires are the root cause of all sufferings'

'Aasai arumin Aasai Arumin
    Easan Thiruvadiye Aanalum Aasai Arumin'

3 people like this.