1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being selfie-ish :)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mansimahi, Mar 21, 2015.

1. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Am I selfieish???

Not really.... but I do have my vain moments..... I mean, who doesn’t like to take a pic of themselves...post it on fb, whatsapp, instagram, twitter, snapchat, whathaveyou, and feel loved when people who maybe remotely interested in you “like” your picture......the number of “likes” one receives is directly proportional to the boost to ones self-esteem. :2thumbsup:

I have nothing against selfies, infact I am guilty of taking them too and I do love to know what my friends are upto now and then but wouldn’t like to be bombarded with a selfie version of running commentary on their life.

Apart from people who take random selfies now and then....there are different kinds of selfie-ish people in this world that take this to a different level...

# “I look soooo good today, I must let the world know it right away” selfie...
    you Gorgeous thing.... you....and my “like” on your post is going to make you look even better?????
    # “I am in the washroom... let me take a selfie” .. why????? :idontgetit: It is a washroom for heavens sake... we don’t need to see you look into the mirror with a toilet in the background.... This is as bad as the bed room selfie – with discarded clothes lying in a mess around you.

# “I lead such an exciting and adventurous life...you are gonna be green with envy” selfie – this includes people who take selfies while skydiving, bungee jumping, para sailing....the riskier the sport or the activity...the better it is.

# “I am soo bored(forgive the pun) waiting at the dentist.. “ or “ I am watching TV “ selfie - and what do I do to drive the boredom.....Click a pic.... smiling and happy...and inform the world so that the world scrambles to drive away your boredom

# “I never post selfies” ..... Someone who pretends to hate selfies but takes selfies by the dozen and deletes most of them and posts the best one saying “just me being me” .... I dont even understand what it even means....doh1

# “We are soooo much in lovvvveeee....” – PDA and lovey-dovey selfies. –'

Oh well...you are in love and I am so happy for you...but 10 pictures daily??? Enough already...

# “my house is burning ...but first let me take a selfie, post it on facebook, before I call for help" selfie ...Disasters are not photo opportunity you moron....:bang

Just yesterday there was this news clip, in Arizona, a man Issac Martinez was shot by a gunman and what does Issac do when he is shot and bleeding....yes..you guessed it...takes a smiling selfie for snapchat before calling for help...

Self-obsession has gone to a new level. Some time back there was a picture doing the rounds of whatsapp where a man had taken a selfie with a dead man...his uncle... in the background., I cant imagine why would anyone want to take a selfie with a deceased person?? oh yes... maybe the selfie could be used for availing leave...He could send the selfie to his boss “see....my uncle is really dead and I am really at the funeral, kindly grant me leave”.

While selfies do boost ones morale and is also a good way for chronicling one’s life in a fun way, overusing it may make one come across as a very insecure person.

There is a time and place for everything.... and I think its time for me to take a selfie..coz OMG... I haven’t taken a selfie since I started writing this piece 10 minutes ago...bie1

13 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

ha ha ha - a real comical one MM :)

the kid in you enjoys and the adult in you contradicts :)

a good selfie-ish boosts self-esteem - great
    and a lousy one boosts self-esteem of those
    who see and feel am better :)

3 people like this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

A nice self assessment-a part and parcel of today's HR management.
    The number of 'likes' whether in any forum or in 'super Singer' contest by unknowns being accepted as judgement is most probably a grave error.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear MM.
    A mad rush for clicking selfie and at odd time and odd places! The Arizona boy an example for this.

Great technological advancement to boost ones morale!

It made you write a hilarious snippet.
    PS

[h=1][/h]

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi MM, good "selfie-ssessment". Enjoyed the play on words. :-D The most embarassing of all are the never ending pics of PDA.

Find your sense of humour really refreshing. :-D Wait, I need to take a selfie of mine as I giggle reading your snippet and key in an FB. Before that, let me get my hair straight for goodness sake. I have an image to portray online! :rotfl

2 people like this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Sumi,

I like the reasons you list out for a selfie. I personally fell wow with people who post their selfies. Really. I cringed the couple of times I managed to look at that camera in selfie mode. Most of all I love the selfies of youngsters I tell you - they care not how they look and I know some who even make goofy faces while taking their pictures and I doknow a few adults who post their craziest of pics and assume they want it that way!

All selfie story aside, I did enjoy reading you and was laughing all the way. Oh BTW, hope that series of selfies that you took after a 10min wait turned out awesome.

1 person likes this.
  7. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Hahaha...thats a good one :)

8. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Dear Jayasala....I agree... what with many techniques available to tweak ones looks to perfection in the picture...what we see in image is seldom what we see in realty. Same goes for the TV shows...most of the shows are fixed or PR companies promote a particular contestant arranging for likes or votes...the realty shows tend to become as fake as the selfie that is tweaked....

Thanks

9. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Thank You PS....the world is full of weird ppl and that arizona guy was not the only one ....if we dig the net, we may find many in our own backyards :) Thanks

10. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Dear Swatziiii...yes..I always take the PDA pics with a pinch of salt.... call me cynical but i feel are they telling the world or are they convincing themselves as to how much they love one another... thinkingsmiley

You dont need to get your hair straightened.....u have photoshop for it :) You can be as frumpy with messy hair as you like and in few clicks, you can look so beautiful that you can give the country's top model a run for her money.....and get billion likes too :)
    Thanks Satchi

1 person likes this.