1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A journey back in time

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Mar 16, 2015.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Note to Forum Moderators - please move this post to appropriate location if need be

A journey back in time with my dad

We all know or hear about the sacrifices a woman does to her family but a man's sacrifice goes unnoticed. One such excellent soul was my dad

Where to start....Suprabatham - This was the morning wake-up alarm but in dad's voice. He made sure he started his day with us even if it meant waking us up early before he left off to his busy work day. His evening college or late night study never left him devoid of any energy when he would still sit with his sick child in the middle of the night. He was happy to take his little child around the flooded town not for a tour, but to provide treatment. The troubles children brought in his lives were demanding. Still he dealt them with love.

Little did he knew that these stepping stones will shoulder a huge responsibility on his shoulders. He had to fill in his wife shoes of taking responsibility as a mother too when he lost his pretty lovely wife at a very young age. He left his promising career to return to his native town only to start his life from the scratch without any support as he didn't want to compromise on his children's safety in a far away land. He made his children center of his universe. He celebrated their special moments missing his dear wife at heart. He never showed his grief but made sure his children remembered their mother in a loving way. He made sure his children never missed their mother. He was more than a friend always smiling, joking maintained a lively atmosphere wherever he was. He brought cheer and happiness to his friends, colleagues, relatives and his children's friends too.

He happily saw his children build their own nest, start their lives and blessed them on their new journey. He celebrated their special moments in a grand way. He was their as a mother too (thayumanavar ) in the first birth of his grandchild, taking care of the mother and the baby. He went beyond the duties a mother could do by doing postpartum recipes, bathing the child and helping his daughter transition into motherhood. He proudly watched his grandchildren achieve their milestones and instilled lasting memories in their minds too.

He was a pillar of support when adversity struck his daughter's life. She walked holding his hand from far. If not for him she would not have survived life's challenges. He was not only a father/mother but fulfilled his responsibilities as a brother and a son too. His loneliness started to take over and maybe god decided that he has had enough and took him with a whiz. He left his dear children on this day four years ago, suddenly crumbling the world around them.

Though as his child, I wish to take seven lives to serve him and enjoy his love, He needs to be in a better place at peace. Heaven is his abode. I bow to his unconditional love, selfless humanity, sacrificial life and the smile he always carried even in his death.

24 people like this.

2. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear jskls,

I am moved by your tribute to your Father. He sounds like a wonderful person who was there for you throughout his life. I am told that our dear ones cannot leave us if we keep them in our hearts and memories. Hope remembering his life brought comfort to you on his 4th anniversary. May your father's soul rest in peace.

2 people like this.
  3. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Hi jskls,

Moved by your post...what a wonderful person he must have been playing so many roles in your life. Sure, he is still watching over you and your family, and after 4 years, all those who read your post will look at your dad with pride. May he be in peace.

1 person likes this.
  4. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Dear jskls,

Am emotional reading your post.. A heart touching one! He has been such a dotting father.. His sacrifice is unimaginable..Loosing his wife and the mother of his children itself is a great loss.. Inspite of his grief, without letting his emotions affect the kids he had taken care of you both like a mom and dad.. Hats off to him..
    His blessings are always with you.. May his soul rest in peace!

2 people like this.
  5. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

No words to express - amazing personality - wish I pick at least a few of his wonderful attributes, for my daughters to remember something good about me. a very motivating one and just not a tribute, as I see.

3 people like this.
  6. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@ jskls
    I'm sorry for lose of your father but at the same time
    you are so lucky to got such a good person as father.We see those kind of awesome persons in real life.your fathers'blessings always with you.may his soul rest in peace! Takecare jskls.

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@jskls,

It is such a great feeling to know about your father. It is also equally nice to know the daughter who passionately remembers the sacrifices made by her father to raise her up. Your father is a great role model for many people like me as to what we need to do in our role as a father.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @MeenaSankaran, @Scorpio707, @jasmine25, @googleglass, @Lathasv @Viswamitra for your comforting kind words.

1 person likes this.
  9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear jskls,
    Your father is a wonderful person. An emotional tribute.
    He is always there in your heart and not gone anywhere. Fond memories you have so many and sharing them with all of us really touched me.
    Syamala

2 people like this.
  10. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

You had the best dad ! You were lucky to be his daughter.

1 person likes this.