1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My First Century of Poems

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Scorpio707, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Yes I can’t believe my eyes but its true…today I posted my 100[SUP]th[/SUP] poem on IL. :banana

Sorry but I will take you to a trip down memory lane…won’t be so lousy or boring I trust.

I joined IL in May 2013, reason being I wanted looking for a “Forum” to post my poem, just one poem at that point of time. Like some devil in me was unleashed I browsed for two days to check where I can post and read poems. And I found IL interesting and more apt to what I was looking for and then went ahead and posted my first poem “Wonderland”. Sure a lot of them read seeing the viewing count, but only @Dinny was kind enough to respond and post a comment. Dinny you don’t know what that meant to me, and I can’t thank you enough.

I am writing about this today because for me it’s a dream come true, for more than 15 years I have been trying to penn a few lines but just could not get the words. I could barely write a sentence if you ask me. I enjoyed poetry and literature from my school days, be in it English, Hindi or Kannada, and always marvelled at the poets wondering what invoked those lines that they penned, was intrigued all the time. Then one day guess what I did, after I made peace with myself that I will never be able to write a poem. My school published magazines every year, and a section was dedicated to my fellow, junior and senior students. I could not resist the fact that I name would never appear in the magazine so a crooked idea struck my mind :mrgreen: I fished out old magazines and stole the poems that were not too long not too short, wrote them in a fresh paper and submitted them with my name, LOL.

I thought well who is going to find out now…chuck the copy right problems. There was no tools sure at that point of time to check for duplication and all. But dishonest deeds paid back, none of them got selected shakehead .I accepted this fact that it’s not meant for me, so gave in to just enjoying reading what came in text books. One day was forced to write a poem as part of some unit test – Guess what the topic was?? “Happiness “ , great I didn’t know what that really was in poetic way so wrote these line –“Happiness is eating ice-cream, Happiness is eating chocolate, H is sitting by the lake ( like I ever did before still wrote it and then blah blah ) . It was the actual end to my poetic saga. Almost 12-13 years after that wonder why, yes I still do wonder what made me write “Wonderland” one night. After that day I just seem to have been writing and writing, whether at my office desk, or @ the dining table, I seem to have to written more than I could ever can imagine. And today dear good lord it’s touched 100 :)

Please don’t think I am doing too much of a self-praise, just basking in this moment’s glory for now for a feat that I thought was impossible at one point of time. My poems are all centred on topics of “Love and Love only” with a few exceptions. The last two years have been wonderful and splendid, spending my free time writing poems, posted a few in the office newsletter too and some I circulated amongst close friends for a read. Having said that it goes without saying that I must thank all my poetry forum friends (GG -you have commented on 99 poems :thumbsup Uma, Neetu, Madhu,Periamma,Ammulur,Vijima,RGS and few others that I am suddenly unable to recall, my apologies) for reading, for all the likes, comments, encouragement and appreciation that I have received. I would not have completed a 100 poems without you folks.

Just wish and hope that I would be able to tweak my brain for a prolonged time and be able to write more poems, better, nicer and good ones. That my journey with IL would be for many more years to come.

OK, before you think I am just not stopping – one wish that I want to fulfil today. To have my name posted against the poems, my long desired wish. Scorpio707 loves poems and will write poems. My name is Meenakshi (aka Meena and Meenu).

Oh I almost forgot to mention that my all-time favourite poem is– The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes.

Thank you.

8 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Wow that's an interesting piece of voluntary disclosure - evading the copyright law at that age S7 :):):)

This write up is as good as your original poems :)

Keep writing and we are here to comment and pull your legs Meenakshi aka Meena aka Meenu aka S7 :)

3 people like this.
  3. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meena :)
    cool .you wrote 100 poems great...But I read only 2 of your poems..where can I see your other poems...keep continue please...we are here to encourage you and we feel happy for reading those nice poems...

1 person likes this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meenakshi aka Scorpion...

I wanted to be the first one to reply here as I wanted to atone for having failed to read your poems! That was not to be as the rightful person who replied to your 99 poems beat me to it!

One of these days, your heart's desire will be fulfilled and you will be known as Meenakshi, the poetess!
    ! :)

What a lovely insight into how a Poetess is made! Thanks for letting us into your thoughts!

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

@Scorpio707 Congratulations on your 100th poem. You relate to me more as a fellow scorpion than Meenakshi, so i will call you Scoprio707.

I love poems, songs etc and feel more proud if it is penned by fellow girls. I do write, but I write in Hindi/Urdu, my preferred language of expression. However, i always feel ashamed to write it on a forum. Always feel people will laugh at me.

Congratulations and keep on writing.

1 person likes this.
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Congrats @scorpio707 aka Meenakshi and keep penning more. Soon it would touch 1000...

1 person likes this.
  7. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Scorpio707 aka Meenakshi,aka Meenu,

Hearty Congratulations, Meenakshi on your first milestone of 100 poems in your long journey as a Poetess!

Reading your story,I am reminded of 'Kalidasa' who did not know how to write, started writing poems, all of a sudden, with Goddess 'Kali's blessings and never looked back:thumbsup

I like your intensity of desire to write poems, aka Meenu. Write more.. your fans are growing in number. You will be great.

1 person likes this.
  8. Scorpio707

Thanks GG...expect the unexpected from me :) all times...also whether my poems are good/bad/ugly you'd better give me a comment GG :wink:...it's out in the open now that you have read all of mine ..so continue to do so... and thanks for the nice words too :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  9. Scorpio707

Lathasv - Thanks so much stopping by here and posting your comments...feels good...you can read my poems if you keep going back to the old pages, hope you will read and find them good..thanks again.

10. Scorpio707

@Kamla - Thanks so much Kamla mademydaysmiley . Didn't expect you to read this post, but nevertheless very happy that you did. Thanks for your wishes and encouragement.

1 person likes this.