1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life is full of blessings

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 3, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I cried because I had no Shoes…….
    Till I saw a man with no feet………
    Life is full of blessings …….
    Sometimes we are just too blind …..To see them…..

———–

What an Inspiring Quote !!!!
    So often we regret for small small things in life and
    overlook to acknowledge the things which we have.
    Let us acknowledge the grace within us and
    Be grateful for the infinite good things which we possess.

Life is full of blessings and we should count our blessings. Today we went to the temple and from there went to buy vegetables. We stay in the east and to buy vegetables we go to the west as the vegetables are cheap with some vendors and we usually buy from a particular vendor as he gives in less price. He does not have all the vegetables but what he has we buy and then buy from others if we need . Like he did not have plantain and I bought from another fellow who also gives in less price. He said he will give 5 for 20 rs , then he said he will give 6 for 20 Rs. but my dh said 4 for 20 Rs. since he knows me he said ok . Then we got Tomatoes for 10 Rs kilo and potato that lady said 20 Rs kilo but then when we were not buying she gave for 15 Rs. Both of us had vegetables bag in our had and we had to cross the bridge to go to the east. I was just thinking of Dubai , where you get everything in the Mall and there you have to put the things you buy in the trolley(i forgot the actual name) which you can take till the car and keep everything in the dicky and sit nicely int eh car and go home. Carrying the vegetable bag was difficult but somehow managed and came to the east and took an auto and came home and again we have to climb 3 floors , by the time I reached home came and sat down saying appada. What a difference staying there and here. But still we are happy only. Glad with God's blessings we get an opportunity to go and spend sometime there and enjoy the luxuries.

I was just thinking about my grand daughter Gopika. She is from a poor family and now my daughter's daughter. How God has blessed her in a family staying in Dubai. Both my daughter and she are lucky. She is in Dubai since the age of 1 year and after staying there she wont like to come and stay in India. Her parents buy everything for her and treat her like a princess but at the same time teach her good things and my daughter is very strict with her. That is why she is very generous and shares everythign with her friends. She is ready to give anyone anything. Her friends there dont bring the toys but come and take her toys and go and play outside. Hope her life is always filled with happiness. She is telling me you are staying in India where there is mosquitoes thats why you are having itching problem. She is not fond of chocolates or biscuits which usually children love , only she will buy chewing gum. She has good grasping power and learns everything fast but only thing she is sometimes naughty and does not listen.

In young age we should struggle, then only we know the value of money, value of people and everything. So that in retired life we can have a peaceful and happy life.

Live your life in the manner……. That you would like your kids to live theirs ……Children learn more from what you are than what you teach ……

5 people like this.

2. mathira

mathira IL Hall of Fame

Wow.. What a message to start the day Vijima.. If v started to look into the small small things, which actually makes us happy, then definitely life will be a blessing ma.. Thanks for teaching/ guiding us to look into those small small preciuos things in our life..
    Btw, how r u ma? hows ur health vijima. Tc...

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mathira dear glad toget your first fb which made my day. As always 100 views but only one fb. I always think I should stop writing but cant be without sharing my experiences.

Glad you liked the snippet. Writing is also my small pleasure which I think I wont be able to give up

I am fine dear by God's grace, thanks for your concern.

1 person likes this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    The lines you have quoted from the poem reminds me of the story which I have read long back.

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on holiday.
    And every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window. The man in the other bed began to live for those one-hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and colour of the world outside.
    The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every colour of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscape and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.
    As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.
    One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words. Days and weeks passed.
    One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away. As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch and, after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone. Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the world outside. Finally, he would have the joy of seeing it for himself. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed.
    It faced a blank wall. The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.
    How the blind used his imagination ( God given) to view the nature with his imaginary vision.
    Namakku kurai onrume illai.
    Jayasala 42

4 people like this.
  5. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear mam

Your post was lovely to read.. Nice Message. Though we are aware of such things, it is always good to be reminded again by reading your experience.

Keep sharing your experiences. It adds value to all of us here in the forum.

Regards
    Sangeetha

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Jayakka dear you are right namakku kurai onrum illai. I feel blessed for whatever God has given me and enjoying my life to the fullest . I have heard about that story. Some people can enjoy life without having anything too

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

8. ahtinani

ahtinani Silver IL'ite

Nice thought viji amma

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to my thread and glad to know you liked my thought

1 person likes this.