1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Man proposes God disposes!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Mar 1, 2015.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

On 20th Feb we had to leave for Bhuwaneshwar. Our son has booked our tickets and our daughter also was to accompany us.

On 12th morning we received a call from my dh's nephew who is in Hyderabad. He said that his mother had expired at 4 A.M. She was my hubby's only sister who was ten years older to him. We were shocked to hear the news for we had spoken to her just a week before. Though she was ninety she was moving around on her own even after a major hip surgery two years back.

When we enquired how it happened and whether she was hospitalized due to any problem,he told that even the day before she was on her feet and moving around and had her lunch. Later she became restless and was moving around, but towards evening she told that she was feeling too weak and could not even put her leg down. Her speech also was not clear and so they had admitted her to hospital. There she was administered drips and her other three sons who are also in Hyderabad came to see her. She recognized all of them and also spoke to them. But around 3.45 the flow of drip stopped and immediately our nephew called the doctor and he told that she passed in her sleep.

Immediately I called my daughter and told her to book tickets to Hyderabad. Luckily we got tickets on 19th in RAC. On the day of journey we got the tickets confirmed. On the twelfth day ceremony we got another death news from Bangalore. My hubby's cousin (his mother's younger sister's son) who was 83 year old also suddenly expired just after having his morning cuppa.

His family had come to Chennai to perform the ceremonies. Yesterday we went and offered our condolences to them.
    In a way we consoled ourselves thinking that both of them did not suffer and their end came quickly.
    A death that takes place in the house, surrounded by kith and kin, even if after a prolonged suffering and agony, is preferable and satisfying. Both my mother and m-I-L died at home and we were watching them closely and fed them and also gave them perumal thirtham and chanted sahasranamam. We really felt blessed to be with them when they breathed their last.

3 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear pushpa
    a sad but a nice post.
    sad about the deaths but good that u could attend the families and be with them.
    yes to die at home among family is something great.
    my condolences.
    Regards
    kamal

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Kamalji,
    Thanks for your prompt and first fb. When people depart at a ripe age we don't feel the intensity of sorrow and that too if they do not suffer too much pain. When old people suffer too much we do pray to God to take them into His fold.
    PS

1 person likes this.
  4. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Pushpavalli Srinivasan sister,

It appears Perumal wanted you and your DH to be of comfort to the younger generation of your close knit extended family instead of giving darshan to you as Jagannath at Puri.

My hearty condolences to you and your DH on the loss of his dear Sister and his Cousin.

It appears in today's variety of diseases, and the elaborate and expensive treatments in hospitals and the physical sufferings of the relatives, dying at home, surrounded by the loved ones, having two, three teaspoons of Theertham and giving a last blessing look and closing the eyes is something only blessed people can have.

It is nice to read about your mother and MIL. They were blessed indeed.

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Suryakala,
    Thanks for dropping in and offering your condolences which shows your concern.

In fact we feel we were blessed to be with our mother and mother-in-law when they passed.

PS

6. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Dear OP

Very nice post & deep condolence to your family ....

Regards
    sangeetha

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear PS
    My heartfelt condolence on your bereavement. Life coming to an end is a traumatic experience no matter how it happens. Even though life is as much a mystery as death, we are rejoiced when a new life comes into the family. We do not sit and ponder over the earlier journeys of that life. We are just happy. We do not philosophise the birth. But when death strikes, we feel sad at the departure of the person to the mystery land to which the soul is destined to go. We discuss all its ramifications.

I feel that our long association or a blood bond with a person makes us wish that it never gets broken. When it happens, we are shattered. It is possible that our old and infirm people could have become a source of joy in their new avatar in a new family. But we do not think it that way. Bhajagovindam describes both birth and death as a bane and advises us to get freed of this cycle of Punarapi Jananam and punarapi maranam.

I am of the view that it is only highly blessed people who have such trouble free end. Such deaths are to be celebrated. And it is our good fortune if we are able to stay close to them when their soul prepares to shed their mortal existence and providing a Divine ambience through Bhajans and prayers.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa,
    Death taps at the door on any day. But we don't feel much if the deceased is sufficiently old and his/her children are well settled. The conditions of young children losing their parents
    and parents losing their kids are really pathetic.
    All our matured thoughts, scriptures and gita sayings do not console us when are the
    primary ones involved.
    As we become old, there is a sudden spurt in death cases.Within a year we lost nearly eight of our close cousins .In many of my uncles' families ,all our cousins have left, and only next gen children are alive and that too residing abroad.
    Hereafter our children and grand children may not even know how big our family circle was.That is life.
    Jayasala 42

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Mr Cheeniya,
    When a person has lived a full life and departs after completing duties there is no need to feel sad. As you have said it is to be celebrated.

Death is inevitable,but untimely death really makes the loved ones inconsolable. The two deaths in our family was taken in the right spirit as both had lived a full life.
    PS