1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Its always nice to meet but sad to part

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 20, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I was very happy when we were leaving Mumbai to come to Dubai as I was eager to meet my daughter, grand daughter and son in law. Was praying God that everything should go smooth and we should land Dubai safely. Though we reached late night but was very happy when we saw them and my grand daughter was also very happy when we landed home. Did not know how one month passed. Grand daughter is very active and she never gets tired talking and while going in the car she wants me to tell stories. Sad that I don't have the energy which she has. When she comes back from school she will tell me to hide . So after she comes and washes her feet and changes the dress she plays with me hide and seek. She keeps me also always active. At times she is very naughty and difficult to control her. When we go to the Malls she will be going here and there and I used to get worried. She knows how to use the mobile whichever model it is, today also something I was asking her father and she is saying I will teach you, I get scared to give her thinking she might drop it because she is very fast in everything. She is a Tom boy and very intelligent.

Now when the time has come to leave I feel very sad. Today I was telling my grand daughter , your grand father has left me and gone to Mumbai for which she is telling me , no he is sleeping and he wont leave you and go because he cant do without you. How much she has observed . She also cant be without her parents. I told her you come to Mumbai , she is tellingme I will come for a day and then come back. In Mumbai mosquitoes are there that's why you have got varicose veins. I have itching problem in my leg and she has seen me putting coconut oil, that's why she says.

I just remembered the heart touching story which I read in Google about mother and daughter departing.

A Heart Touching Story ~ I Wish You Enough
    Recently, I overheard a mother and daughter in their last moments together at the airport as the daughter’s departure had been announced. Standing near the security gate, they hugged and the mother said: “I love you and I wish you enough.”
    The daughter replied, “Mom, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Mom.” They kissed and the daughter left.
    ... The mother walked over to the window where I sat. Standing there, I could see she wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on her privacy but she welcomed me in by asking, “Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?” “Yes, I have,” I replied. “Forgive me for asking but why is this a forever good-bye?”
    “I am old and she lives so far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is the next trip back will be for my funeral,” she said. When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, “I wish you enough.” May I ask what that means?”
    She began to smile. “That’s a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone.” She paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail and she smiled even more
    When we said ‘I wish you enough’ we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them”. Then turning toward me, she shared the following, reciting it from memory,

“I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
    I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
    I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
    I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
    I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
    I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
    I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.”
    She then began to cry and walked away.
    Nurture Relationships…..As they say….It takes a minute to find a special person ~ An hour to appreciate them ~ A day to love them ~ And then an entire life to forget them
    This I got it from google and I am in the same position today when me and my husband are leaving for Mumbai tonight. Time has come to bid goodbye to my daughter, son in law and grand daughter and son , atleast son comes in between but daughter , sil and grand daughter we meet during functions

What to do life is like that , daughters have to stay away from their parents and can meet when they get opportunities.

1 person likes this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji Sister,

May Baba bless you with a safe and comfortable journey back home, Let us thank god that he gave you a change from the routine to be with your DD and family for a month. Bring lot of chocolates... Just kidding...

SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow @Saisakthi dear glad to get your first fb and good wishes which made my day. Felt Baba has blessed me through you and I am sure will have a save journey. Ya have taken my chocolates. True I thank Baba for giving me the opportunity to spend with them

1 person likes this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    A touching farewell.
    But I don't know why recollect the google story now? Wish you many more occasions to meet your children and grand children.Be positive.
    Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Jayakka dear thanks for your appreciation and good wishes

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear viji sis
    a very touching blog.yes it must vevgard to say goodbye after such a wonderful vtine.
    god bless all of u.
    Regards
    kamal

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the wishes KamalBro.Yes it was really sad to part them and now having sweet memories of the days spent with them