1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wealth – Cause for loss in values

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Scorpio707, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Wealth is associated with property, money, bonds, gold, silver, profits from business et all. But I consider “Wealth “to be a loss from the perspective of values that breaks in families. Money cannot buy happiness, but definitely makes you sells your values.

There are “N” number of problems quoted on relationships that exists in and around the family circle but one of the main culprits is also “Wealth”. Like they say too much of anything is not good…I believe the very basic necessities of life or luxuries that we are given by parents, spouse, self-acquired become a bane unfortunately for some.

Two years back, my friend’s mom was thrown out of the house over a quarrel between her second daughter – SIL, it was a well-planned plot wherein the mother was robbed of all her cash, jewels, and everything else that was in the house well in advance. SIL was not employed at that point of time, huge amount of debts and greed drove the D and SIL to behave beastly. The mother was literally beaten up, neighbours trust me of very little help. Result, the mother who was 60 years walked out of the house in a state of shock and embarrassment. Luckily happened to call her first daughter my friend in office who drove up and took her mother home. Things were otherwise also pretty rocky at their home front, and the being a mother she refused to file charges on the daughter or have someone go home to their place and speak up. After having worked in a government organization until retirement, this event was too shameful to even set things right for her. I still remember for almost 6 months she was in a state of shock. She lost everything that she owned, walking out only in the saree she wore she is now living in a rented apartment, it’s over two years now. Not once has she ever heard from the second daughter, and has even given up that one day they will realize and come seeking for her. I wonder if ever there would be means to measure “Mother’s Love”…always giving ever forgiving are they not??? She still wishes them well and remembers. This is not the only family that I saw who went through this…

Similar incidents as such were not new in the newspaper but I had failed to understand the reason until sometime back. What is with “Money and Property” that drives people crazy…wonder why the insecurity?? Parents sacrifice, compromise so much to bring us up, giving us everything that we need, ask for – they are the ones without whom we not be here today. A mother bears the child for 9 months enduring all the pain, in a life and death situation but why does the child when an adult forget that. What happiness and peace does one derive from obtaining and forcibly acquiring wealth?? Why does he/she know that it is for them....why blow the situations out of proportion. Is life just meant to live for material things??

As kids it’s so wonderful to have siblings, sharing, playing, living those lovely moments, a sister who looks up to her brother (like another father figure), and same goes with sisters too. But why are these forgotten, as they grow have their own families what gets into such people. Wealth becomes a pit stop to check one’s true behavior and attitude.

Alas, I am just a silent spectator of such things as there are certain limits and boundaries that you cannot transcend. I shudder to even think if ever my parents would be worrying regarding such things…and only pray and wish I am not in the nearest vicinity too. God forbid if I am then I would choose wisely and be the daughter that they wanted and raised me to be, making them proud in whatever little way possible

7 people like this.

2. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Not wealth, its always the greed which cause loss in values..

1 person likes this.
  3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

True S7 - many such incident keep happening. Can't really help other than to make up the mind to face the situation.

The brought up to some extent also contributes to children becoming like this. Now who is to be blamed? Unless the individual understands and behaves, nothing can really be done.

1 person likes this.
  4. Scorpio707

It's hard to say the root cause of such problems GG...it's with individuals alone

1 person likes this.
  5. Scorpio707

Wealth is the bait for greed....

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Anything done to a Mother is a great sin.Those people can't escape from the hands of God.They are going to be a prey for their own sin.Scorpio unbelievable that a daughter doing such a beastly action.

7. Scorpio707

Yes it did come as a shocker to all when this incident came to be known...one daughter like a black sheep among the lot..still feel very sad and sorry when I discuss it with my friend and her mom....

8. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

@Scorpio707 I have heard about so many incidents in real life about children neglecting their parents. I fail to understand how children can forget the sacrifices their parents did to make them capable of being where they are.

The other issues are that life expectancy has increased, number of complicated illnesses has increased, the cost of medicine has increased. So, people need more savings to survive the retirement. So we must learn to not spend on extravagant marriages of our children and going out of budget to put them in good and expensive schools. Let them go on merit. I have heard that mothers now keep tuition for kindergarten!! My parents taught me until i was in the 8th grade. I never had any tuition or even classes. Take care of our health.

1 person likes this.
  9. Scorpio707

Akanksha,

Times have changed so much...life was good and simpler at our times compared to these days..now everything is on a competitive mode, proving to the outside world precedes to family, bond , relationships...I never took any special or tuition classes either ..now hobby, craft, swimming, tennis class and what not has come up...International schools are the latest trend now...

1 person likes this.
  10. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

@scorpio707 Sister,

Your thoughts on your friends family, reminded me of my own, luckily I was young enough to face the challenge.

Here is mine, many have read it here, http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/160723-family-of-mine.html

Recently the same nephew has been blessed with a boy and no information at all and I wonder how he can forget his aunt whom he used to adore equal to his mother who spent on his welfare, education sacrificing her own life, who may not have otherwise reached this now

Where does the bonding go in front of money/asset? That's today's life.

Sorry for the vent, May Baba bless us all, SAIRAM

2 people like this.