1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Enjoyed to the fullest

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 27, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I do not know how many of you missed me since 22nd evening as in the evening was busy waiting for my son to take us to the airport. He had a meeting so left at 6 pm or so. I always get tensed when we are going abroad till we reach the gate. There was traffic jam and making me more tensed, when I asked my son how long it is going to take he said it will take 2 hours, he and my husband like to tease me when I am worried making me more worried. Finally we reached the airport . We were leaving for Dubai. Got the boarding pass and immigration also was over and we were at the gate at 8.30 pm . When you start late from home everything gets late. We reached Sharjah in time but there was a big Q for the eye check up and then immigration got over soon as there was not big Q for that. Informed my daughter as we were getting late. Finally met them outside the gate and my granddaughter was very happy.

Next day went to Global Village in the evening and had a good time. Reached home late in the night. Since someone expired there was no entertainment , but visited some countries.

On 24th was our 42nd Wedding Anniversary and this time was glad to celebrate in my daughter's house. My husband's nephew , his wife and their daughter and son had come. Nephew's wife brought Gulab jamun and saree and kurta pyjama for us. Had yummy lunch, each of us prepared different dishes. Since all were having cold I made Pepper Rasam, my son in law made Pulao and my daughter made Raita, she cuts the onions etc very fine. Everything was yummy. Everyone enjoyed my Rasam. Then in the afternoon we played Carrom. After years I am playing Carrom, first was not able to put the coins, though I was a good player while working and had won prizes too. Later was able to play, me and nephew's wife and my son in law and nephew were partners. In between the children were not allowing to play , actually they started to play and took over from them. For me no one was troubling, then I myself got up to give the children a chance.

Evening we all went for dinner outside, first went for shopping then had dinner out. Enjoyed to the fullest. It was a memorable day. Only thing missed my son as he had cold, cough and fever , as he had just come from India and when he was in India he had cold and cough and now due to change of weather again had fever.

This time first time did not wear new saree . While going out I asked my nephew's wife whether I should change my saree, she said not necessary mami you are always fit and fine . We should learn from you

Sorry for boring you all

19 people like this.

2. lovely1988

lovely1988 Silver IL'ite

Happy anniversary viji mam.. We are also equally happy for you ..

1 person likes this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viji Aunty,
    Belated Anniversary wishes! I'm glad you got to celebrate with family. Enjoy Dubai. I love shopping there!

1 person likes this.
  4. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Belated wedding aniversary .... May you have many many more happy anniversaries.

You made me hungry. I feel like having some delicious rasam now.

1 person likes this.
  5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Loved reading Viji Ma. I was feeling as if it is happening before me. Belated Happy Wedding Anniversary. Anniversaries are always special.

1 person likes this.
  6. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Best wishes IV and have a great time at your daughter's place.

1 person likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji aunty, belated wishes for your wedding anniversary. may you and uncle have many more such wonderful and happy and contented ones ahead.

You posts speaks of simple pleasures and joy and of the message "take your time to smell the roses".

2 people like this.
  8. deepv

deepv Platinum IL'ite

Belated Happy Wedding Anniversary Viji ma !!! . Enjoy your stay with your daughter.

1 person likes this.
  9. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

Lovely.....
    happy wedding anniversary vijji aunty. good to hear that you enjoyed a lot. hope you come up with lot more sweet memories. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji madam,
    Belated wishes for a Happy Anniversary.This time it must be very special as yo celebrated at your daughter's place. I like your attitude for life by feeling happy in every simple pleasure.
    best wishes
    Syamala

1 person likes this.