1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Become A Baba Get A Padma Award!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Dear fellow ILites, do not be shocked by what I am going to say. I am seriously thinking of renouncing the world and donning saffron or white robes.
    You may wonder what made me consider such a drastic step. It is all because of the annual Padma awards doled out during Republic Day.
    For years hoping against hope I thought they would confer one on me.. The reason for this was my father’s never-say-die optimism. “ Just wait and watch they will soon run out of people for giving Padma awards and will turn to us begging us to accept at least a Padmashri” He used to say.
    But his optimism now appears misplaced. The poor man gave up his ghost without getting the award. And for years I have to be content with ogling at Padma Lakshmi on TV and saying hi to my mother-in-law whose name is Padma. That was all I had anything to do with the awards’ prefix Padma.
    This year I find that the awards list is swarming with babas. It is almost if the government had come up with the ad slogan: “Become a baba and get a Padma award. Offer only until stocks last!!!!”
    Look at the list. They gave Padma Vibhushan to one Jagatguru Ramanandacharya Ramabhadracharya. Jagatguru means guru of the world Oh sure, the whole world I standing in queueu to listen to his words of wisdom. I am sure then I am not a part of this world because I have never heard of him.
    He isn’t the only one. Veerendra Hegde of Dharmasthala is strictly not a baba but he runs a flourishing temple and is therefore almost one.hell of a baba.. There is an American who changed his yankee name to Vamadeva and is running a vedic research centre who is among the awardees.
    There is a Sivakumara Swamy a Karnataka-based baba who has got Padma Bhushan.. An NRI swamy Jagat Guru (not another guru of the world!!!!) Amrita Suryananda Maha Raja (of which nation?) and a Swami Satyamitranand are among the Padmas,
    It is heart-breaking to see babas like Asaram, Nityananda, Premananda (posthumously) , Baba Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Insaan and Nirmal Baba being excluded from the padma list..Nirmal Baba at least should have been considered for his contribution to medical science,with his pathbreaking discovery that rasgullas can cure diabetes.
    And since Bharat Ratna is being conferred on the dead and departed why not one for Satya Sai Baba the greatest conjuror the country has ever produced who by a flick of his wrist was able to bring up anything from sacred ashes to wristwatches?.
    What is the big fun in including babas who are not mired in controversy. No one has heard of all these babas.. But there is one consolation; To prove its secular credentials, the government has given a posthumous padmashri to Syedna Burhanuddin, the head of the Dawoodi Bohra sect. The Syedna was notorious for his tight grip over the community. Those who did not kowtow his line 100% were ostracized. Their kids were not allowed into schools and colleges run by him. Other Dawoodi Bohras were barred from having any kind of relationships with them. That was nothing. When they were dead, their bodies were not allowed to buried in Dawoodi Bhra cemeteries.. Ah at least one controversial baba has got the award even after he is long gone, to spice up the list.
    So tell me, am I wrong in getting tempted to renounce the world.? You can forget Padma awards there are also other perks. A householder is saddled with one wife who watches with an engle’s eye whether the hubby is upto any mischief with other women. But a baba has no wife having renounced the world and is free to have merry romps with PYTs. If you don’t believe me ask Swami Nityananda. Of course we can’t forget all the cash the babas get from the gullible oops sorry devotees.to enable them to lead a sainly, holy luxurious life. .

7 people like this.

2. thinkpad

thinkpad Bronze IL'ite

Very good informative post..But, Not all Baba's are Nithyananda or Asaram.

Sivakumara Swamy is definitely good ..I had been Sree Siddaganga Education Society in KA. One of the best organised trust. There wont be any credit with Padma award now for him(@107)....

2 people like this.
  3. thinkpad

thinkpad Bronze IL'ite

Missed to see Baba Rampal from Haryana in the list . May be State Govt doesnt recommend it..

4. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Balajee...

Thanks for the post...I didn't know there were so many Baba's around,never heard of them before...are they really so clean ?? unlike the others ??so they are unknown and not so famous.. you know what I mean...

Enjoyed reading your post...

1 person likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Balajee,

At least I remember one Bhabha who deserved his Padma award but he got his Badma award several years back. He is the father of nuclear development and one of the greatest nuclear physicist India produced known as Homi Jehangir Bhabha. He got Padma awards for his accomplishments.

Speaking of holy babas, not all of them can be classified in the same category. India has the history of several great souls that sacrificed their lives to provide rich knowledge and serve them with humility. The list is endless for me to mention it in my response. Even many Atheists respected these souls for their human values.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

You missed Baba Ramdev and Sri Sri RaviShanker. Baba Ramdev for the unique medicine to have boys and also cure any disease. Both declined, but were selected for the award. Baba Ramdev says that he is sanyasi so he doesn't need awards. But then why did he ask government for Z-level security?

Nice observation. Balajee, hope you become both a good baba and also win an award.

1 person likes this.
  7. thinkpad

thinkpad Bronze IL'ite

Good one Akanksha... Not sure about Ram dev....They are nominating Ravi shankar for bharath Ratna....Thats why Padma awards are less for him....Keep watching ...

Good luck Balajeee..

8. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

MGR, Zail singh, VV Giri even Indira gandhi got a Bharat Ratna.. in next UDF govt(God forbid), even Sonia or Vadra can get bharat ratna.. who knows

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

There are wo kind of bbas. One: Those who deceive others without deceiving themselves. Our Asaram and Burnjak Baba fall into this catagory. The other catagory is even more dangerous because they first deceive themselves into believing what they say is gospel truth and then con others bringing them to share their twisted , irrational unscientific world view. The only consolation is that some of these godmen are deep into social services like education and healthcare. But such steps are probably necessary to gain credibility.
    Religious organisations like Ramakrishna Mission that do not showcase any living baba are far better.

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Scorpios, babas who aren't limelight junkies can cause a lot more damage without getting caught.