1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Matha Pitha Guru Deivam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 29, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

We all know how important is Matha Pitha Guru Deivam in our life. Today I was listening to Visakha Hari's programme in the morning when she told about how parents are very important and how we should respect them, which brought me memories of my parents, grandmother because of whose blessings I am whatever I am today.

In life we need God and elder's blessing to achieve anything and Guru is also equally important who will guide us always. My mother was a simple person and whenever she is free she will be reading prayer books and she was the only daughter , so my grandmother, ie. her mother stayed with us only. So our grandmother was more like our mother and she used to fulfill all our wishes. She was an allrounder and in Tamil only she used to talk to the vegetable vendors etc. andbuy vegetables. For my sister's marriage she brought all steel vessels by giving old clothes except for some items. She also prayed to God that she will offer 1001 Kozakattai (Modak) to Lord Vinayaka for my sister's marriage to go smooth and without any problems. When it was time for my marriage she was laid with cancer and I had the opportunity to serve her. That time she told me you pray yourself for your marriage because I wont be there. Dont worry you will get a good husband. Her words came true and my husband was from her place only and a gem of a person. She was expert in making kai murukku and used to go and make in relative or friends house. My second brother was very fond of sevai , so she used to make sevai with sevai nazhi which was so difficult to make

My father always treated me like a child and never used to share his problems with but with my sister who is elder to me . He also in the last stages suffered from Cancer. I had just finished my schooling and was at home , so got the opportunity to serve him. Since my sister was working he used to tell me only to look after him. Those days we did not have so much facilities as we hav enow and my parents and grandmother had to pass through different phases. But they never used to grumble and always see that we are happy. Now also if I think of my father I remember how in the cold weather covering himself with a blanket used to go out.

My father enjoyed when he had a Hotel but he used to take care of his sisters and our family too. But later he lost the hotel and started doing catering work in a canteen. He was expert in making Jangri .

The life we are having now with facilities they could not enjoy much but they were very happy with whatever they had and led a peaceful life .

4 people like this.

2. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Respected Viji Ji,

I am always amazed by the sincerity of your narrations.

Wish you a healthy life !

2 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yumna dear thanks for making me happy with your first like and feedback . Thanks for your good wishe sand your sweet message

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear aunty,

That is a nice write up on your parents and grandmother. I do believe they had the key to happiness with the value system and modern comforts might or might not have made a huge difference to them :) We can all only hope that our children and grandchildren will look up to us the way you do!

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabita dear you dont know how happy you have made me with your feedback. mademydaysmiley dear with your feedback .When I get something unexpected I feel on the top of the world, your feedback also made me feel on the top of the world. Glad you liked my write up. You are right dear they had the key to happiness and they were not after comforts . I also hope that our children and grandchildren follow their footsteps and keep relationships like them .

1 person likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Happy to have brought a smile on your face Viji aunty :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

Saw the title on the side lines and was immediately attracted to it. When I clicked, I had to smile! Who else but you can come up with such a simple and yet such a touching tribute to your family elders?!

I feel like I know your family now because of your various write ups about them. I think you are an extremely blessed person because you had loving parents and family. It is shocking when we see around and realize that not everyone is blessed with such precious gift as 'parents'. Like you, I too am very lucky because ours was a small but a very close knit family..Mom, Dad, me and my younger sister. As a youngster, I would not have believed if anyone had told me that I will be leading a life far away from these very three dear people. But such is life!

Having a caring home and parents builds a sound person. No wonder today you can appreciate all that is good in your life.

We take so much for granted, especially our near and dear ones. One should learn from you to cherish and keep our dear ones alive through out thoughts like you do through your posts!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  8. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Sister,

As always you do, we are taken to a simple, loving, caring, contended generation with great value for values in life. Despite all his difficulties, you Dad had taken care of his mother- in- law who had only her daughter to rely on. And that grand mother etched herself in your memory with her blessings for your marriage as she would not live to complete her vow for 1001 kozhukattai for your marriage also! A loving dad who protected you from the family worries without sharing it with the "chellam" of the family!!

So touching, and yet so nice to remember and write.

I enjoyed. Please continue to share.

9. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Hello Viji mam,
    I enjoyed reading your post about your parents and grandmother.
    For my mother I am the only universe, she believes and relies on me to the extent that if I say today is the end of the world, she will happily believe it without questioning. Sometimes that scares me, becoz, that is a lot of responsibility on me and I don't know whether I can fulfill it and live up to her expectations.

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kamla dear what a pleasant surprise to see you here. I thought someone has nominated my thread . But was glad that you came here seeing my post . Thank you for bringing a smile on my face with your feedback.I feel as if I have got an award. Yes dear I am blessed to have such lovely parents, grandmother and after marriage a loving family with gem of a husband and children. Thank God for that, without his blessings I would not have got.Glad you liked my tribute to them.

Glad to know my writing makes you feel that you know my family. Hope one day I get an opportunity to meet you. Glad you are also blessed.

mademydaysmiley with your loving feedback that too at the endof the year. I am sure I will have a good start in the New Year thinking of your loving message. These small pleasures only make me happy and I always cherish them