1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who is Jesus?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Tired looking Jewish man and wife were moving door to door to find out whether at least one of them would accommodate them to stay overnight in the cold and snowy winter as his wife was very pregnant. No one cared to open the house for them except one who was kind enough to allow the couple to occupy the cow shed. The wife delivered a baby boy in the cow shed and noticed the angels appearing above the child to indicate the divinity of the child.

This boy Jesus was raised in a challenging environment where Jews were oppressed by the Romans. Jesus watched all of that, felt there was no love left between fellow beings and wanted to bring peace and harmony among all living beings. He found John, the Baptizer and found solace in His life. John also recognized Jesus as an individual who would become a great teacher to the humanity. Jesus showered love to the people in need and served them with no expectations. He in his own life went through three stages. Initially, He became a messenger of God. Later He realized that He should become one who is loved by God and became a son of God. Eventually, He transformed Himself into believing that “Father (God) and I are one” and became a God Head. He had no intention to set a separate religion nor was interested in performing miracles except to teach the people how to love each other. Even after 2,000 years, His teachings are embedded in the minds of billions of people and He is remembered as one of the greatest teachers who walked this planet. Jesus does not belong to a specific religion and He is a great teacher who came to teach right living to the humanity.

But the Holy Bible didn’t mention anything about the life of Jesus between the age of 12 and 30, from the time he visited the temple until he started setting his own Ministry. Some suggests that He stayed in Nazareth learning the family business. This theory does not work because Jesus when he established His ministry was far more knowledgeable to have spent 18 years just learning the family business. The second theory says that He spent time with Essenes in the Dead Sea area as a monk or separatist. Who were the Essenes? They were, for all practical purposes, the Pharisee's Pharisee. They believed to be holy they had to be separated from the unholy. They held that the regular Pharisees didn't go far enough in their righteousness, so they left Jerusalem and civilization to study scripture and live the separatist life in the wilderness. It is from this company that we have the Dead Sea Scrolls, for they were prolific copiests. This theory also doesn’t work either as Jesus was a doer all along and a blessed soul. He got His revelations from the Father and He had no need to study the scriptures.

The third theory suggests that He went to India to understand the scriptures written in Sanskrit. This theory doesn't work either as there are evidences that He had several debates with fundamental Hinduism and Buddhism. Like every other God Head, He lived His life as a human and showed how to achieve God Head. During His stay in India, He continued to serve the people in need. He is revered as God Head throughout India when he was living in India and was known as Saint Isa. There is a monastery in Tibet which has evidence about the appearance of Jesus and how he relentlessly served the humanity. After this visit to India, He went back to Israel to serve the people in need until He was crucified. Even his crucifixion is recorded in this monastery as “Saint Isa was crucified in His homeland’. There are evidences of Jesus living in Himalayas.

It didn’t matter where He was born and where He lived from the age of 12 to 30 but what He did when He walked this planet is important. He led a flawless life and is a role model for right living. He belongs to the entire humanity and hence should be revered as God Head by the entire humanity. His intention was never to setup a new religion but to teach Sathya, Dharma, Shanti, Prema and Ahimsa. The teachings found in Veda were embedded in His life. He taught how to forgive people who betrayed and crucified Him. He lost His life to make the life of fellow beings better. The one who believes in His teachings should practice them whether they belong to any religion or not. Christ Consciousness is nothing but Self-realization propagated in Vedas. Being a messenger of God is nothing but Dvaitha philosophy, becoming a Son of God is nothing but Vishista Advaita and becoming one with the Father is nothing but Advaita philosophy.

10 people like this.

2. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Hi Viswamithra,

A well written message and so apt for this season. We live in a time where people has forgotten the significance of Christmas and all the importance are given to cakes, Santa, Christmas tree and so on.

I wonder if the years to come would know why Christmas is celebrated.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, made me think for a while.

2 people like this.
  3. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Viswa Sir for the informative and interesting Snippet. Just as all rivers meet the sea, all religions though travel in different terrains, they all meet the single Supreme Power. It is unfortunate that the theory of rebirth and karma is laughed by Christians. I am sure Jesus, if he traveled to India, would have believed in rebirth and Karma. Rebirth and Karma are the greatest plausible explanation for bad things happening to good people and the reason why certain people are born with defects.

Very well written and informative snippet.

2 people like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Dear Meril,

Thank you for your first response. I had a chance to visit a spiritual center recently and one of the speakers indicated that she was thinking Christmas was about Santa giving gifts and eating cakes until she really got to read The Bible. You are right about the people forgetting the significance of Christmas. Celebrating the birth of a God Head should be with gratitude and with significant intent to learn the teachings with sincerity. We can make the difference and pave the path for the future generation.

Viswa

5. Viswamitra

Dear Akanksha,

Thank you for your response. You are right. Every religion leads to only one goal. Our understanding of our own religious teachings are limited leave alone understanding of other religious teachings. Moreover, He came as a messenger of God and taught everyone should become a messenger of God. He taught how to love the fellow beings. If one refines herself as a fine human being, Karma will be wiped out and when one reaches the stage that "Father and I are one", there won't be any rebirth.

Viswa

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa studies have shown that Jeesus' teachings are nothiung new. They are almost carbon copy of what was found in the dead sea scrolls that have been dated centuries before Christ. jesus almost certainly was an Essene as was john the Baptist. The baptismal ritual was an Essene ritual. Other Jewish sects didn't follow it.True the public image of Jesus has lot of positive things, even if over the centuries the real Jesus disappeared and left a larger than life image.

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Balajee,

I agree with you completely that there is nothing new in the teachings of Jesus. That is precisely is my point that most religions say the same thing in different ways to achieve the same goal. There is nothing new in Bhagavat Gita that Lord Krishna preached Arjuna as they are the essence of Vedic principles. The teachings of Buddha's can be found in the Vedic scriptures. It does not matter where Jesus' teachings came from but what He practiced during His life time and how He motivated fellow beings to become better beings. Even if we assume that it is the most organized religion, without followers of the teachings, the religion would not have survived for 2,000 years.

The word Jihad is the most abused word nowadays by the terrorists. It is my humble opinion that Jihad is a word used in Holy Quran to fight the enemies internally such as Anger, Greed, Hate, Jealousy, and many other demonic qualities inside of the human being and stand for righteousness.

It is human practices and interpretation that varies bringing disrepute to the religions.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  8. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

I being a Muslim,am sharing Islamic view of Prophet Jesus in brief.

Prophet Jesus...the Messiah (peace be upon Him) was born of a Virgin Mother Mary/Maryam (May Almighty be pleased with Her)and The Messiah (peace be upon Him) is one of the mightiest prophets and we believe that He (peace be upon Him) was taken up alive to the Heaven and He will be sent back to the earth nearing the End Times.His return is a major sign of the Hour.

And yes it is also true that He (peace be upon Him) taught nothing new but what all the Prophets had taught before.But He was blessed with lots of Miracles.He was unique.He used to heal blind and leaper;He brought back dead to life with permission of Almighty at few occasions and many others. Insha Allah I am looking forward to narrate His story in my thread "Stories of the Prophets".

3 people like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Dear Yumna,

Thank you for your response. I am glad you shared your perspective of Jesus Christ. I am also very happy to know that you are planning to publish a thread called, "Stories of the prophets". I sincerely look forward to reading your thread.

Viswa

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

Mine is not a questioning mind. Well that is what I say but my friends who know me well would tell you otherwise :biggrin2: You know how here people like to be politically correct and wish everyone Happy holidays? Well, I don't like it one bit and so as a matter of principle, I do wish everyone I come across a merry Christmas, some are delighted and I am sure I might have offended a few. So this year when one of the churches, yes one of the churches near my house had a display which said "Jesus is the reason for the season", I only went amen! Why not?

I know my feedback was way off from what you have written.....but sometimes it is just so nice to accept and be part of something that is being celebrated!

And oh BTW just because I don't question does not mean, I take everything keeping quiet :)

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.