1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Betrayal

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

This is just an attempt to write a political satire in fun. Not intended to hurt any sentiments. Readers discretion advised.

I am Rama, remember me? I am the guy who killed Ravana. Yeah, its that bad. Bad to be recognized by the enemy you killed, just like George W Bush is recognized as the president who killed Saddam. You know my birth was supposed to teach people how to lead life, how to maintain relationships with parents, brothers, wife and friends, how to be an ideal king and an ideal person. I sacrificed my life with parents to honor my father's words and later sacrificed my life with my wife to honor the law of the land. I won Lanka but left it without occupying it or without nation building. Even with great pains, i was always smiling so much so that Arun Govil, who played my role in the Ramayan serial had to massage his cheeks daily to regain the shape of his mouth.

I was recognized world over and people remembered my rule as Ram Rajya.

But then, came Krishna, another incarnation of Vishnu and people left me for the flamboyant Krishna. Everywhere it is Krishna, Krishna. There is a day, called Ekadashi dedicated to Krishna, then his birthday and the even the day after his birthday. While for me, people don't even remember my birthday, most corporations don't even give holiday on my birthday. The only great day of my life, Diwali is taken over by celebration of Govardhan Puja. These vaishavaites have taken over. Shivalites are ok, they have a day and they drink bhang and are happy. But what about me?

Krishna created wars and lead the biggest war that killed thousands of people. I killed Ravana with a few friends and a bunch of monkeys, not much of intended or collateral damage. Yet everywhere it is Krishna, Krishna. Even in Bhagavat Katha, birth of Krishna, Rukhmani vivaah, Govardhan Puja, Sudama relation is celebrated and my birth and life is fast forwarded. I mean Krishna did lift the Govardhan mountain but in my time also we had Hanuman (incarnation of Shiva) lift the Dronagiri mountain and carry it from Himalaya to Lanka. So why so much importance to Govardhan Puja. We even had the Pushpak plane.

Then Advani led his Rath Yatra for building my temple at my birthplace. (Side note Krishna has his so called birthplace but no one has challenged it). Even Supreme Court has ruled that it is my birthplace and that there is no evidence to the contrary. So I was excited. Finally, i will have a temple of my own in competition to the temple of Tirupati and NathDwara (Both a form of Krishna) and finally get some recognition of my life. But even after ruling for 5 years, they didn't build it, saying that they didn't have mandate.

So I worshiped Lord Shiva, just like as I did before killing Ravana and after nearly a decade, i got BJP in majority with an able leader, Narendra Modi.

My expectations were growing. I was happy when Sadhvi Jyoti commented on voting for people who claim to be my followers. Although devoid of logic, she also enlisted christians and muslims as my followers thereby excluding Krishna lovers and others in minority. So happy that things were moving in my direction. Many of the BJP members supporting her and that further raised my hopes.

But, then Narendra modi dismisses her, under pressure from opposition, saying that she is dehati. So what? Urban people have been mesmerized by Krishna. Only the rural people remember me and he ridicules that? Really disappointed.

But the final straw was when Sushma Swaraj said to declare Gita as the National Book. Suddenly the only party that was rooting for me is changing sides? Yeah Gita is what Krishna spoke, but I lived the life. Why shouldn't my biography, Ramayana be declared as the National Book. After all my biographer, Valmiki, abdicated his violent hunter's life and became a saint. It has so much power. On top of it, some BJP MP in parliament says Gita is not a Dharma granth but a Karma Granth. Well I am full of Karma and not talk, so shouldn't my biography be declared as National Book?

Now they want to declare 25th December (Chris's birthday) as "Good Governance day". Shouldn't my Birthday be celebrated as "Good Governance Day" After all my rajya was Ram Rajya.

My hopes of getting temple and recognition from BJP are dwindling and I am feeling betrayed. I am now eyeing on Kejriwal. You know Sita is still mad at me for leaving her and now not getting any recognition.

2. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

LOL....this was really good Akanksha :2thumbsup:...going to read it again after I post my comments....

It was like a continuation of the snippet that you had written sometime back...enjoyed it...

My favorite lines are these -

" I won Lanka but left it without occupying it or without nation building. Even with great pains, i was always smiling so much so that Arun Govil, who played my role in the Ramayan serial had to massage his cheeks daily to regain the shape of his mouth " - I still can picture Arun Govil in those episodes, calm and poised with not a hint of frustration.

"
    I am now eyeing on Kejriwal" - He would land on cloud 9 if he happens to read this :wink:

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akansha,

HAHA. Too good, i am surpruised why is there just one FB on this wonderful tale. So well told. Now let me add my two bits to it.

Arun Govil, he was the choclate faced hero of Rajshri movies, remember movies like Nadiya ke paar etc. He became famous after Ramayana.

do u know, he attened 180 private functions, dressed as Rama, he used to charge 50,000 , so he made 90 lakhs those days, a big amount , as things where much cheaper.

The producer of Ramayana, used to give veg food to the unit , saying we are shooting ramayana, holy serial etc, so veg food.Well he used to close his cabin and well eat nonveg quietly.HAHA

But i must say, this is a wonderful spoof, or tale , very intelligently said, andi just loved it.

Regards

kamal

5 people like this.
  4. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Nice one A82.

Gandhi came with Grama Rajya and much before that Rama came with Rama Rajya, this is something similar to tipping the Traffic Constable with a Rs. 50/- and taking a shortcut through the no entry.

Did Krishna's Gita follow this route? Possible, if righteousness is to be re-instated, doing wrong is right and Krishna must have followed this to overcome Rama, being Supreme - Supreme is a Classified document - no questions entertained - actually I don't know much OK. :)

3 people like this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Do you know Akanksha, this title caught my interest and I meant to read it but somehow could not. Today, I noticed this being nominated to FP by Kamalji and after getting warmly tucked under sheets in my bed, I thought I'd read it as a nightcap on my Ipad.

I was laughing and and could not control my laugh and didnt want to disturb hubby who was fast asleep. So I dared the cold and tiptoed to my computer and just had to post a response!

This is humor at its best. The way you have connected today's political scene with the frustrated Lord Rama is simply a class act! The frustration of the people, the unintended comic situation of our political scenario and the futility of it all comes out so clear and bright! I so wish that our politicians who matter would and could read this!

Kejriwal is the next resort for Ramji I see!

So well written! The tongue in cheek humor is simply hilarious.

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  6. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Great post Akanshka. Loved reading Rama's POV. Poor guy, he must be disappointed with our politicians. Wondering what Lord Krishna would have to say about it.

7. Akanksha1982

Thanks for the feedback. I had written this a while back and was afraid of posting it. @parineetha encouraged me to post it.

I am traveling currently and will post a reply to everyone once i am back in town.

Thanks @Kamalji for the nomination.

1 person likes this.
  8. Akanksha1982

Thanks Chillbreeze. I will write Krishna's POV someday.

9. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Hi Akanksha,

well said and humerous post, just could not stop laughing. Your post also brings a question we have ganesh chaturthi, shiv ratri, krishna jayanti etc but why not Rama jayanthi or so we would have got some excuse for taking off from work to celebrate :)

10. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I am not sure about other parts of the country. But in our place, we do celebrate Rama's birthday as Rama Navami and also Hanuman's birthday as Hanuman Jayanthi, which was incidentally yesterday.