1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Managers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by chillbreeze, Dec 19, 2014.

1. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Emails were flying back and forth. It all started with an appreciation mail sent by my manager. I wondered what was in her mind when she sent it as such incidents never happen in my office. But I have been putting in long hours to complete work on time and clients were happy with my work. What was different in the mail she sent was, she has CC’d the top persons and as a rule of thumb we never mail or contact them unless needed.

One by the one the recipients of the email started replying, saying how much they appreciate my work and they have known about my hard work all along. My head was in clouds and I couldn’t believe if all this is really happening. Then couple of senior managers called to wish. My hands were almost shaking when I was speaking to them as previously I wasn’t sure they even know the name of the people in the team.

Finally I had a chance to breath and I asked another manager (I really have to coordinate and work with 4 managers) whom I work closely on a daily basis about what is going on. He didn’t know himself and replied with some standard script about hard work being appreciated. By then it was 5.30pm on a Friday evening. I told him and another manager that I will be signing off early that day due to personal work and will be completing the pending work on Monday. Signing off by 6PM is quite early for me even if I have worked 9 hours already. They were okay with that and didn’t ask the reason and wished me a good weekend.

So by 6’o clock I refreshed and lit the lamps at home. My mother-in-law has explicitly told me to lit lamps that evening with a disapproving look on her face as my ways of praying is not in line with her expectations. As I finished the task, I sighed thinking that getting a good name from tough managers and international clients seem to be an easy task compared to getting a good name with in-laws.

6 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Great CB our appreciations too follow even after 6 for the great job at office :)

The last bit getting a good name from in-laws, no one really has a solution for that.

Nice one CB.

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Haha I think MILs have this knack for picking holes where they do not exist.They have a mictroscopic view of your flaws. Clients and colleaguess on the other hand are contended when they see good results and do not go through them with a microscope . After all good outcomes are visible.

1 person likes this.
  4. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Hahahaha...the last statement was awesome...so true..only DIL's would agree to it :wink:, that's probably a universal problem...I stopped even trying to impress or please them, it's "Mission Impossible" :tongue

Congrats for the appreciation you received CB :thumbsup

4 people like this.
  5. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

congrats CB for the appreciation.
    yes,no one can get a goodwill from in-laws.i am a designer but my mil use to get stitch her blouse from my neighbour girl who is stitching for timepass.

3 people like this.
  6. chillbreeze

Thanks Workout, GG, Balajee, Scorpio and Uma for your feedback.

Getting appreciation from managers is not a big thing. Bcoz as @Balajee said they are happy if they see good results. What really amused me was that though we meet the complicated requirements of so many managers and clients and get good name, its hard to get one word of praise or even an approving smile from ils even for a simple thing. I think Balajee has a point about ils.

GG, what to do...its part of the job. Do you leave office by 6-6.30. If so I am envious of you.

@Scorpio707 I agree its Mission Impossible. Good that you stopped trying to please them. I am yet to learn that.

Uma, whatever we do it won't be good for ils. I think you should be thankful that you can use your time for genuine clients instead of spending it on her.

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear CB,

Chill out. You know, MIL's and DIL's are like cat and mouse, the natural well, dislike is always there along with suspicion, at least in many cases.

so take it with a pinch of salt. i personally think the mil should be happy that now the responsibility of the son is now taken over by his wife, and seh shoudl be glad fro that reason, taht she is free now.

it is for the son to handle his wife. living with inlaws has its own advantages too, like u can leave yr child in their care, which is better tha leaving in cretche, or maid. So advantages and disadvantages are always there CB.

Compare her to the other MIL's around, and maybe u will find she is much better than the other ones .HAHA. So take solace .

Regards

kamal

8. chillbreeze

Hi Kamalji, thanks for your response. Yes, I do think about the positives of mil and really she is good when compared to what I see here on forum. Though we both may have some minor irritations about each other, we have learnt to compromise and not make it a big issue, atleast for now.

9. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

hi cb , sorry for not seeing earlier .
    nice write up . you have made your point clearly.
    congratulations on the appreciation . keep it up and be happy .:thumbsup

10. chillbreeze

Thanks for dropping by SW. I have read "You are what you think". I was just wondering what will happen if we keep thinking about our ils for each and every small thing in lifethinkingsmiley