1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Face Book

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

FaceBook

Due to the fact that Facebook has chosen to involve software that will allow the theft of my personal information, I stated: at this date of November 28, 2014, in response to the new guidelines of Facebook, pursuant to articles L.111, 112 and 113 of the code of intellectual property, I declare that my rights are attached to all my personal data, drawings, paintings, photos, texts etc.... published on my profile and my page. For any use of my photographs, writings including co..

This is the declaration that people are putting up on facebook these days, maybe facebook will be free to publish yr photos and yr articles without yr permission very soon, so this is a declaration by the individual that don’t use what is there onmy page. And as though face book will agree, and do as u want it to eh !

And can someone tell me what is facebook, and what is it precious that we post on face book ? I think FB is a gossip corner, nukkad in Hindi, where people meet to just talk. It is the most frivolous thing I have come across.

There are many characters there on Facebook. A few ladies post their own pictures, god knows who is the photographer, surely not the husband, who would want the world to ogle at his wife, and her new dress and make up ? Every few days the lady changes her pics, in new dresses, and there are quiet a few of them.

Then there are a few working chaps, who travel abroad on company expense.Good. I guess even if they use a dime to go to the public loo, they will charge it to the company. They will charge it like this I suppose - 1 pee (no receipt) 50 cents. God knows in what account that will be credited in the books of the company.

And they always post it when travelling, Travelling in Business class, Terminal 2, Mumbai, British Airways etc. is that to show us , that u are more fortunate than us eh ! Arre Bhai, u are travelling on the company expense, try travelling Economy class on yr own money, and u will know.

And then they have selfies, their own pics, at the airport, before that on their own staircase, then the food they eat in the restaurant, (at company expense of course), I fail to understand what is there to show us what u aer eating, just as we don’t care to see what happened to that food 12 hours later, we would not like to see that scene either eh !

And then pictures of going to al mall, taking pictures of public festivals, or of birds, or of monkeys on the roads, etc.And of course the picture of yr wife, in all her finery. Some have veggies in pots on their terraces, and shopw what is growing in them, an what has been plucked from there.

I just wonder what interest will face book have to copy items from anyone’s page, what is there worth copying? And what is there that the writers want to save, what is so precious. We give too much importance to ourselves, and to what we write.We think we are no less than a great best selling novelist, and our works are precious.

Well I would be more than happy to see someone flick my writings and print it. Do u know, only famous writers have their works stolen, and printed clandestinely, and sold on the footpaths . That is success, real success. The author gets nothing, but we come to know this chap is famous his books are selling in the streets, at signals.Robbers strike at a rich man’s house, u will never hear of a beggar complaing that hehas been robbed. So I someone robs my writings, or pics, I would be very happy, for the world will think of me as a great writer, something that I don’t know as of now, but then yes I will realize that I have something worth stealing.HAHA

The day I come to know someone is publishing my works without paying me, I will be the happiest person on earth, and will proclaim it as such.

But barring a few, very few, rest are all time pass things on facebook. So guys and gals grow up from yr dreams, don’t take world so seriously, just smile, Face book is free for u, u have a platform to reach out to the world. Don’t be selfish and just take, learn to give also something, so what if he takes something from u, he I mean Mark Z the owner of FB.

In fact I authorize him to use my pic on any advertisement he likes, for a whiskey brand, no problem, or kamalji posing with a pretty babe, with the heading, Old (meaning me) is Gold, wouild I not like it eh !

The problem with the world is they take themselves seriously.if u see what passes as poetry on facebook, u will all faint. Here is an example,

As I go to Bed,
    The sky is blue, the earth is red,
    This book I have already read !!!!!

HAHA. Something as ridiculous as this I see on FB, But many are friends, I cant say anything to them, they say, don’t call a one eyed chap cockeyed on his face, and so I keep quiet.But now when this declaration is coming , I cant stifle a laugh and wonder what is wrong with these people, what do they think they are. Mark Z must be laughing like hell, but keeping a straight face.

So whenever I need a good laugh, Face Book is the best place to go, to see which lady has posted a new pic of herself, who has posted a stupid poem, and who has posted a selfie, or who is posting the pic of the food he will be about to eat. Glad they don’t take out selfies in the bathroom when the food comes out. HAHA

The world is sure a lovely place for me. I am just loving it.What say friends.

KAMAL MAHTANI

And I am not posting this on Face Book, as normally do, for then all my friends will leave me. So I post it here for the privileged few.HAHA

Chetan Bhagat is progressively decreasing his numbers:

5 point someone,

3 mistakes of my life,

2 states,

One night at Call center

and now

1/2 Girlfriend !

What next -

a 'Quarter' of Whisky ?

A lawyer gets pulled over for speeding

Lawyer: "Is there a problem,Officer?"

Officer: "sir,you were speeding."

Lawyer: "Oh,I see."

Officer: "Can I see your license please?"

Lawyer: "I'd give it to you but I don't have one."

Officer: "Don't have one?"

Lawyer: "Lost it, 4 years ago for drunk driving."

Officer: "I see....
    Can I see your vehicle registration please."

Lawyer: "I can't do that."

Officer: "Why not?"

Lawyer: "I stole this car."

Officer: "Stole it?"

Lawyer: "Yes,and I killed and hacked up the owner."

Officer: "You what?"

Lawyer: "His body parts are in plastic bags in the trunk if you want to see."

The Officer looks at the lawyer and slowly backs away to his car and calls for back up.

Within minutes 5 police cars circle the car.

A senior officer slowly approaches the car, clasping his half drawn gun.

Officer 2: "sir, could you step out of your vehicle please!"

The lawyer steps out of her vehicle.

Lawyer: "Is there a problem sir?"

Officer 2: "One of my officers told me that you have stolen this car and murdered the owner."

Lawyer: "Murdered the owner?"

Officer 2: "Yes,could you open the trunk of your car,please."

The lawyer opens the trunk, revealing nothing but an empty trunk.

Officer 2: "Is this your car, sir?"

Lawyer: "Yes,here are the registration papers."

The officer is quite stunned.

Officer 2: "One of my officers claims that you do not have a driving
    license."

The lawyer digs into his backpack and pulls out a clutch purse and hands it to the officer.

The officer examines the license. He looks quite puzzled.

Officer 2: "Thank you sir, one of my officers told me you didn't have a license, that you stole this car, and that you murdered and hacked up the owner."

Lawyer: "I Bet the liar told you I was speeding too..!" :

Lawyers I say....


    Pharmacist to customer :- to buy anti-depression pills sir ,
    you need a proper prescription ,
    simply showing a picture of your wife is not enough

Dear Weather,
    Please stop being so cold.
    We don't have hot boyfriends,
    we already have cold husbands! With hot temper

Sincerely,

...All Wives...

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Comedy of all sorts that sometimes or
    most of the times distorts faces of people and
    turn them faceless in front of the people they will have to face...

Not to blame the whole lot of which quite a many use it sensibly.

A humorous one Kamalji.

3. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalji sir,
    loved the way u have written about face book.what u've said is true.....now-s-days ppl are postg selfie,pics n so on..instantly,(u left screenshot to mention)
    liked the chetan bhagat n lawyer jokes so much:thumbsup

4. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Good afternoon Kamalji,
    A good post about Facebook. Yes I do agree that Facebook all the contents which are posted on it. But it is only when they or whoever, uses it for uncommon things (I cracked my brain for a more suitable word, but I could not find it, sorry) for doing mischief, then all hell breaks loose.
    When a person is using a social networking site, it is in most (90%) of the cases, they are genuine, innocent and looking for some friendship and common gossip, nukkad wali gossip. Atleast this why I think, people use these sites.
    And admit it Sir, it is a great time pass to hear about and from other people.
    Otherwise, this post of yours would not have arisen.
    The jokes are as usual fantastic.

5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

good one Kamalji..
    really who is interested in piracy from facebook pics and posts I wonder!!
    Kerman

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Kamaljeeee!

ROTFL!! :rotfl

Being your friend, I am glad you posted this here and not on FB for you sure said it, you would have lost ALL your friends there! :mrgreen:

You know what...My next mission is to start a petition on FB pages to send a letter to Zuckerberg guy asking him to Pleeeeease 'flick' Kamaljee's writing and make paperbacks out of them and sell them on the streets for he can join the fame and equal up to his guru Kushwant Singh!

Enjoyed reading this one. Good or bad, I too am a FB user and have a lot of fun ogling at some sweet, cute, fab pics posted there and take my stress off reading some mindful and mindless forwards! Last but not least, it is very easy to be in touch with people who otherwise would be out of your compass range!

L, Kamla

7. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

LOL!!!:rotfl Nice one. I don't use FB. The funny part is people post wedding pictures as it is happening on FB for others family and friends who are not lucky to attend the wedding. Total abuse of the platform. Have heard some stories of people's house being robbed when they wrote on FB declaring that they are going to Europe on vacation. Heard about engagements/marriage broken due to findings on FB.

Main boon of FB is people looking up their ex's to see if they are happy or sad or looking for what the smartest person in their school is doing now.

Lawyer joke was amazing!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

You have given an excellent collection of what is being posted in FB regularly by most members. Posting of selfies by women is going out of control. I have seen many young married women posting their exact location and what they were doing at the time of the post in the form of status update. Some post what kind of nice jeweleries they design, make and sell at home. Some communicate their long vacation with the family to Hawaii islands. People have lost sense of what to post and what not to post in FB. Nowadays, recruiting departments are reviewing the Facebook page of the applicant to determine their background. Even Families are looking at the Facebook page of the bride and groom to determine whether there is a fit.

Facebook is a major nuisance value for many from a personal point of view. Sometime back, a lady reported sick and went to the beach with her husband. She posted her swimsuit photograph in Facebook without realizing her manager is a friend in Facebook. She lost her job. Young children and women are subjected to unexplainable pain and sufferings due to them sharing too much personal information in their Facebook.

Actually, a lawyer started this post of his legal rights over his personal data and it became a standard now throughout the world people writing in their Facebook page that their information is private and confidential.

Facebook also collect other demographic information including location information (thanks to the mobile) through various means and use that data for marketing purposes. They are trying to generate various sources of revenue through this meta data. Frankly, if you see one post, it would not make sense but if you connect the dots of many posts in the Facebook, it is possible for marketing geeks to develop a profile of each person. Every time someone clicks a like button, he or she is profiled.

There are many crimes committed by excessive personal information shared in Facebook. There are crimes detected through Facebook as well. I think as long as each member knows what to and what not to post, their life will be safer and better.
    The need of the hour is education for younger generation how to use the social media.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  9. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your post Kamalji. I am one of the minority set who doesn't like/want to be in FB much to the dismay of my friends. I created an account couple of years back but not active now. My friends can't understand why someone would not want to be in FB and I can't understand why they want to broadcast every incident of their life online. But to be fair, the few best friends I have are busy running after their kids and don't have time to post selfies. But still other people often tell me they have updated their dinner pics, get together pics, blah blah and ask me to be active in FB so that I can see them. How do I tell them the reason I am not in FB is because I don't want to see them:confused2:

PS. Jokes are great as usual:2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

kamalji facebook is a convenient tool of social interaction even for people otherwise shy and asocial.it helps people express themselves and chat with eachh other and this is a boon for many people who are quite shy when it comess to interaction in person or over phone. It also helps people express themselves though there are a lot of show offs around. The amount of trivia is often mind boggling.Some people even put up pictures of what they had for lunch on a day at their home. Only picture missing is a selfie of someone s(h)itting in the loo.