1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Every Action has equal and opposite reaction..!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Vittala, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

I was walking back home from work with my dad that day. I was just recovering from fever and still had cold and cough.
    Every Action has equal and opposite reaction. The more you are restricted to do something (action), the more you are tempted to do (Reaction).
    Having had only porridges for nearly a week, all my mind could think was good food. We were crossing by the Amul Ice cream parlor, which added fuel to my already hankering mind. thinkingsmileyJust the thought of having an ice cream made me drool. I was cursing my mind for craving for wrong food at wrong time. But brain works at jet speed especially at moments like this, if you know what I mean.
    Appu: Dad, any idea what’s for dinner today?
    Dad: Rice and pepper Rasam for you.
    Appu: (with frowning face) Not again today... Please... I want to eat something good.
    Dad: Sure you can, after you recover completely.
    Appu: I feel like having an ice cream.
    Dad: Did I hear you right?
    Appu: Yes dad.. I want an ice cream…
    Dad: Appu, are you crazy? You were tetchy of throat pain and your voice is raspy that I am unable to recognize your voice. And you want to have an ice cream?
    Appu: (with a pitiable face and persuading voice that I could muster) I’m only asking ice cream as a remedy to cold.
    Dad: Are you sure, you are alright? Did you fall down somewhere? Who told you ice creams to be a remedy for cold??:confused2:
    Appu: Errr.. I am in right senses dad. Doesn’t a doctor suggest ice cream and cold juices when one gets operated for tonsillitis or even tooth ache for that matter? That being the case, it’s my contemplation that ice creams may be a remedy for cold. Besides, Diamonds cut Diamonds.:exactly:
    Dad: oh oh..! (He paused)…
    I continued saying I will make sure to have a small cup and just one. May be a cone ice cream? That way it’s just wafer and filled with little quantity of ice cream. Even before he could utter a word, I said thanks dad and ran back to Ice cream parlor and got a cone ice cream.
    A feeling of nostalgia overcame me as I slurped the Vanilla cone ice cream. Flash back to when I was around 6 years old. We were on our way to a function. My uncle got cone ice creams for all the kids. That was the first time I saw a cone ice cream.
    My cousins started having it from the top. I had a sparkling idea that if I ate it from bottom, I will have more ice cream left to eat by the time they finished theirs. With a mischievous smile that I would make my cousins feel envious of the ice cream quantity I would have, I started to eat the ice cream from bottom. HarharThe consequence of my cranky idea apparently was not only losing my share of ice cream but also a blessing (read it as a spank) from my mom for spilling it on my new frock with laces and frills.
    What goes around comes around. It was my dad’s turn to say, every action (Having ice cream when you have cold) has equal and opposite reaction (doubles the dosage of tablets and syrups).
    :spin

--Appu

10 people like this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Appu
    That's a delightful read! Diamonds cut diamonds, I believe! If you can argue your case for just a cone ice cream, I wonder to what extent you will go if you have to appear for some bigwigs in some sensational case! Your dad appears like me, getting totally tongue tied and ineffective in front of his daughters. But then nothing is more joyful than losing to a daughter and more so to a grand daughter!

By the way, just for my curiosity, are you a lawyer by profession? Who else can get such crazy ideas like equating cold with tonsillitis and toothache?
    Sri

3 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Appu dear today is yours and Neetu's day I think. She got a lovely feedback for becoming a Gold Lite and you have got the first feedback from my dear Anna. Both are blessed, dont know when I will write like you all and get the first feedback from him. :)

2 people like this.
  4. deepthiraj

deepthiraj Platinum IL'ite

Every Action has equal and opposite reaction. The more you are restricted to do something (action), the more you are tempted to do (Reaction)...
    :exactly::exactly:
    I enjoyed reading your snippet......

2 people like this.
  5. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Cone Ice cream for Cold...Vahrehvah :)
    Now I know Apps why you took your own sweet time to recoup. You told me it took 3 weeks right..aha! No wonder..
    So the magical treatment went on for weeks is it? Lovely Apps..
    Whaat an ‘Idea Mani’ you’re? eating the ice cream from the bottom?:rotfl Such innovative head needs a :hatsoff. Proud of you gal :))))
    Enjoyed your beautiful writeup Apps!

2 people like this.
  6. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

Dearest Cheeniya Sir,
    My heartiest thanks could be the very least to say to express my happiness seeing your feedback. I can't thank you enough, Sir for bringing me great joy with your Midas touch. My dad is my best friend forever and we are partners in crime too.. Be it emptying my lunch box before coming back home or not doing some work given by mom and he has to cover me up.. Dad and daughters have a special bond which can never be expressed through words. I'm very glad to know that you are like my dad, tongue tied to daughters. True, there is no joy like giving in to daughters. mademydaysmiley

I am not a lawyer by profession.. Belong to the cattle field or the rat race field.. the IT.. :lol:
    --Appu

2 people like this.
  7. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

You are a scientist I say - experimenting and also convincingly fooling those around :):):)

Is this the same girl who patiently waited for the gulab jaamoons???

Now which one am I to believe V' ?????? :):):)

Nice one and humorous one too.

3 people like this.
  8. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

GG - poor brain..give some rest :wink:
    that was our very dear SW (Still waters)..don't confuse so much..go sleep go!

3 people like this.
  9. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

i remembered the story but forgot who wrote that :):):)

similar food taste story naa - so got carried away.

sorry for confusing myself and the readers :) anyways am here to confuse only...

3 people like this.
  10. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

Dearest Viji maa,
    Thank you so much for gracing this thread and for all your lovely words.
    You express your thoughts so wonderfully maa. Cheeniya sir too likes all your posts just like we do and so he may be wishing you the best silently reading every post of yours :)

--Appu