1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life is so much brighter when we focus on what truly matters

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 27, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I am a person who likes to enjoy life . I dont keep anything in my heart and share my joys and sorrows with everyone so my heart is always light and thats why I feel young at heart. Happiness comes when you believe in what you are doing, know what you are doing and love what you are doing . From childhood I had many dreams which were not fulfilled that time but now in this age some of my wishes are being fulfilled.
    Don’t think you are Nothing Don’t think you are Everything Just think you are something who can achieve Anything. This is what I follow. So some things I am able to achieve with my hard work and God and elder's blessings.

I always like to be at my best in whatever I do . During my young age I used to like to go out and enjoy. That wish got fulfilled during my working life and thanks to my husband who supported me and gave permission to go out with my friends and sometimes he also used to accompany me. He is a friendly person so he used to feel good in my friend's Company.

As you all know I am very fond of sarees . My aunty whenever she used to visit us used to bring saree for me and my sister. Those days we were not financially well off and me and my sister used to share our sarees. My sister is a very simple person and since I am very fond of she used to ask me to wear any new saree saying you wear so nicely so you only wear first then I will wear. Only for Diwali we used to get saree for both. Since she did not have any dreams she got the life which I dreamt and always lived luxuriously after marriage, but I was happy that atleast she could enjoy but she is not the person to enjoy , she will be always in her toes and doing some work . After marriage in the beginning years only she got the opportunity to go abroad twice. Later now in her old age her health does not permit to go anywhere but she enjoys being at home and looking after her family . and keeping the house perfect.

I used to think that I should also get the opportunity to wear different sarees, one saree a day during working. But that got fulfilled only only after my children grew up and they got settled. Me and my friend used to go to a shop near our office and they also knowing that we are fond of used to show us first the new sarees and happy to get boni from us. Now after retirement my cupboard is full of sarees, sometimes I give to my husband's niece, some I have got as gifts , my daughters since they are abroad they also give their sarees to wear as they know I like wearing different sarees. So for functions I am able to wear different type of sarees and get appreciation from others . While working also there were admirers . Some ladies used to go for walk in the morning when I used to leave for office and they used to tell me we wait everyday to see which saree I am going to wear that day.

Iam happy and blessed that I am able to attend Bhajans, Narayaneeyam and other spiritual programmes, thanks to my husband , if he was not interested I would not have got an opportunity to enjoy going out. Now Ayyappa season has started and till December end there will be Ayyappa pooja in different places . I just pray to God to give me good health to attend the poojas. Also Narayaneeya Sapthagam is going on and then there will be Bagavatha Sapthangam too. According to my convenience I attend them but my husband goes everyday.

Ok let me stop here and hope you enjoyed reading my write up​

8 people like this.

2. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

This is what every senior citizens like to live their old age happily, happy for you....infact i am surprised to see such a spiritual engagements in Mumbai and glad that you both are part of those always....

Even i want to be like that in this age itself, whenever a pooja, upanyasam is happening i will be happy to attend...i too blessed to be in a part of area since childhood wherein these kind of spiritual activities are most common....from schooldays i used to go to so many spiritual places across south, so my friends tease me saying be careful you might take sanyasam soon if you continue like this :), for that my father says we should not miss the oppurtunity of going to temples and spiritual places in the teenage because in older age we may not be able to go due to health constraints or something, so i always cherish going temples rather than malls and cinemas....

May God gives you both healthy and happiness in abundance always....

3. iyerviji

Wow Bhucat dear I am so glad to receive the first fb from you. How are you? Yes dear I feel blessed that I am in a place where I am able to attend the spiritual functions. I wish you all the best to achieve your dreams. Glad you are also in a place where spiritual activities are common. Thanks for your good wisheswhich I need at this age and making my day with your first fb. ....

1 person likes this.
  4. BiriyaniAroma

BiriyaniAroma Silver IL'ite

I enjoyed the write-up.

1 person likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijiakka,

I liked the title "Life is brighter if we focus on what truly matters". Being happy is the mindset. If we focus on leading an ideal and purposeful life, it gets paved with gold. Generally we don't know how to differentiate what is trivial and what is valuable. It is our ability to choose that makes us happy.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    You are right. Life is brighter if we truly focus on what really matters to us. You are blessed to have a husband who is likeminded and also supports you in whatever you do. May you both enjoy lifelong like this.
    PS

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Welcome to my thread and glad to know that you liked the write up and sorry for the late reply

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

Thanks Viswa dear for the thought provoking feedback as always . Glad to know you liked the tittle.

9. iyerviji

Thanks for the good wishes Pushpa Mami . True I am blessed to have a gem of a husband. Thanks to God .