1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rags To Riches

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Rags To Riches

The story of Arpita, the sister of Salman Khan, and daughter of Salim Khan, is truly a tale, that a super hit movie could be made on.

Salim Khan used to go for a walk every morning, as he does even now. He used to see a beggar woman, with a small child, on the footpath begging for a living. Well , one day he found the woman dead, and the small baby crying besides the dead mother, no one paying any attention, as is usual in life.

Well Salim Khan, without thinking, took the baby in his arms and brought her home. And she is Arpita, who just got married a few days back. Salim has a big heart, sure, so also his whole family which includes his two wives, they embraced this girl as their daughter.

You really need a big heart to first to take a beggar’s child, and then to send her to London to get educated, costs crores , and then she was treated like a princess. Salman has gifted her a 16 crore flat in Bandra, Mumbai, the wedding hall in Hyderabad costed 2 crores rent just for the reception .

And someone told me, they have gifted her a 3 crore car too. I am not enamoured of the amounts, but giving this to someone who is not your blood by birth touches me. She is fond of Shah Rukh Khan, but Salman and Shahrukh are sworn enemies, they don’t speak to each other. Arpita expressed her desire that she wants Shahrukh to attend her wedding. And Salman ate his ego, and made up with Shahrukh for his sisters sake, and there is a pic of shahrukh and Salman both kissing and hugging her.

Appearances can be deceptive eh ! From what we generally hear, that they are not an ideal family, for many reasons, somebeing

1. Salim Khan has a big ego, fought with Javed khan, and they split.
    2. Salim Khan married twice, the second being Helen, the actress.
    3. Salman, having so many love affairs, and still not marrying, now he is in his mid forties, but still a bachelor, not a one woman chap.
    4. They are nonvegetarians
    5. Salman killed a black buck and the case is going on in jodhpur for donkeys years now.
    6. Salman was drunk and driving and killed a few footpath chaps in Mumbai.

But look at their humility. Salim cried a lot, but he said I cannot keep her at home all her life, she has to get married, and have a family one day, but I willmiss her. And he has told her, that u have to love yr inlaws as much as u love us. What a super advice.

And Salim said, she brought us luck. She is 25 years old, and Salman’s first hit was Maine Pyar Kiya, also 25 years back, so it seems Arpita brought luck to Salman and her family. If that is true, now that the luck is gone from the house, I mean Arpita is married, do u think Salman’s movies will start flopping, and that he will be convicted in the two cases. Lets See.

And I have also heard of Salim, the father, Sitting at Holy Family Hospital in Bandra, giving medicines free to the needy , to the tune of a few lakhs everyday. And not a word in the press. And if u see the Mumbai reception pictures, Salim is in a simple dress, with chappals, when the who is who of india has been invited.

I just wish we make judgements now more on the basis of the good deeds of people than their eating habits, and other habits. For Arpita it is a rags to riches, and what a fairytale this is.

God bless them always, and I think there is so much to learn from the Khans.

KAMAL MAHTANI

9 people like this.

Similar Threads
    1. Anjelin
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. jayasala42
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. swarnalata.N.S.
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

New news of the old unknown news Kamalji :)

Every human being has a good and a bad part - with famous personalities the bad ones are projected out of proportion since they seek fame. Nice to know Kamalji - our media baron. :)

But since they are in the media and influence the youngsters, they should be careful in not doing something that is bad. Doesn't mean that since I am not famous, I can keep doing bad things in my backyard.

3 people like this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji nobody is lily white. Everybody is caught in a spectrum of greys .Sometimes they are in the darker part of the spectrum and sometimes in the lighter shades of grey. Just by a couple of incidents we should not conden a person. Salman also runs a charity that helps cancer affected slum children.

1 person likes this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Everyone has a Jekyl and Hide in oneself. Sometimes one dominates and sometimes other.
    I never knew these things about Salman or his father. But as GG said those in public should be careful in projecting their image because many youngsters imitate them. Nobody should be bad at any time...that is for sure. But we have to try our best. If not role models to public people like us should be role models to our children atleast.
    Syamala

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

First things first Kamlaji! Salman khan is almost 49 years old :biggrin2: Now second thing, no I am not a fan - the only movie I have watched is Maine pyar kiya, way back then when I was a teenager and just out of curiosity now, I checked out about Salman khan on wiki :) after I read your post. I have been glancing at news about his sister's wedding though. It indeed seemed like a fairy tale wedding. And from what you say, they do look like goodhearted people but Kamalji.....those cases! But certainly best wishes to the newly married couple!

1 person likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful real life story with us. It does not matter who it is, there is so much for us to learn from other human beings around us. Let us only see the good part of the human beings that is their true conscience and leave the rest like a dust. If we can pick up such great qualities, our life will be a lot better.

What a wonderful information I heard on the day I celebrate the birth day of my spiritual teacher.

Viswa

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Salman Khan....my A#1 most detested Bollywood star. Well, nice to know that there is some redeeming actions at least in the family. As to charities...come on.....we all know lot of them are used by rich folks to turn black money to white. Even I know that. And as to the crores spent on Arpita....would have been more amazing if they had donated all to charity in the name of her wedding.

1 person likes this.
  8. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

There are so many people who can't get the staples to feed them on a daily basis .
    Some are rich enough to spend crores on a wedding. Thanks for the information !

9. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

wow! Just like you, I'm impressed too..
    I have heard about all the cases, all the accusations on Salman..but still you need a real big heart for being so lovely to his sister.
    Now that I see the nice hearted Salman, I refuse to look at the other side of the coin :)))
    Thanks Kamalji..very nice insight :) And congrats for the nominations :-D

10. Vijaya@17

Vijaya@17 Silver IL'ite

Hey Kamalji

is Arpita's husband not the luckiest here !!!!!!

1 person likes this.