1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Home-Coming of Ms. C

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Nov 22, 2014.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I was told she had arrived in town. I could not wait to meet her. Well, Ms.C is the new addition to our family. I have been waiting for her since a very long time. Only I never felt too sure how I would manage someone so self-willed. What if she hurt others around me? I was not too sure. Still, I could not resist her. I so wanted to have her as my companion in good times as well as tough.

About a month ago, I was introduced to her twin. I was told she was more or less identical, except for the complexion. The twin whom I met first was rather pale compared to her own rosy looks. I spent some time with her and felt a flicker of hope that I would be able to manage Ms.C. This twin was fairly friendly and easy to get along with.

As soon as I heard of her arrival in town, I rushed to get her some new outfits and pretty accessories. "Where is she?" I asked tentatively, full of excitement, as I entered the hotel where she was lodged. They took me to the room where she was put up to meet her. She was beautiful. She winked at me and I fell in love at first sight. No, I could not take her with me immediately. Certain procedures and formalities had to be completed before she could be handed over to me.

So Saturday morning it would be, or if possible Friday evening. "Oh, Friday is a good day, so bring her home on Friday evening," I said. However, that was not meant to be. My mom wanted her to come home today, Mom's birth anniversary, as a sign of her love for me and a message that she was always with me.

I jumped out of bed this morning. "Where is my C?" I called up and asked. "Ma'am, 9.00-10.30 a.m. is 'Rahu Kaala,' so I shall get her over after that," he replied.

So sweet ..... I was touched.

"Ma'am, I am here downstairs" I got a call at roughly 11 am.

I rushed down. My sis, niece, bil, BH all came down. The excitement was so much, even my maid rushed down. She had just come back from the shop with all the stuff required to welcome a new member of the family home. She brought down the "aarti ki thaal", flowers, coconut, lemons etc. The help hired to bathe C was also there at the 'event'. The coconut was broken. An idol of Ganesha was placed in her lap. A few happy photos of the entire family with the new entrant were shot.

Finally, it was time for me to sit in her lap and I encouraged her to move. She made a happy humming sound, as she geared up to run and rolled over all 4 lemons placed in front of each wheel, crushing them to ward of the 'evil eye'.

My red Ms.C had arrived. She came on my mom's first birth anniversary after she left us. (It is also 4 months to the day since she passed on). I could not help noticing the co-incidence, or was it? The first gift I got from my mother after she left, arrived on my birthday. It could not have been a more auspicious day.

Amma, thanks a lot. I love you and thanks for the big gift. A bigger hug for being with me and sending me very specific messages to indicate your presence around me. :-D

Well, Ms.C is a Maruti Celerio. Went for the first few tentative rounds today, which were even better than the day I went for the test drive. Hoping to soon be zooming around in my little red car. :-D

Swati's new car - 22 November 2014.jpg

That was not the end. After driving about for half an hour, I found that the lift to my flat was not working and I had to take the stairs.

Guess what I saw!

[​IMG]

I wondered where this flower came from. Then I saw a little plant growing through the concrete base of the railings. I am totally dumbstruck! What a beautiful message from my mom to say that she is with all of us today and always. What a way to send me a sign that she loves me and has forgiven me and understands the human limitations that prevented me from keeping her at home and for not having been by her side when she went 'Home'.

Thanks a ton Mom! I love you dearly and it shall not be too long before we are all together once again.

25 people like this.
  2. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Reading thru was interesting,wondering who Ms.C was.Finally reading the passage ran over 4 lemons removed the suspense.You will be blessed by your mom.Happy zooming around.

1 person likes this.
  3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

That was a memorable day S' moms love has no parallel!!!, leave alone the gift.

All along I was just going word by word to have the surprise as you take us through and was expecting it to be a pet and there it is your car.

Congrats on your new possession, a nice write up of motherly love, as I see it.

1 person likes this.
  4. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Nice and Memorable gift, Happy Driving..

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

Hi Kanaks, so nice to see you here. :-D Glad I managed to keep the suspense till the end. Was a bit of a challenge, to avoid any hint earlier in the write-up! :-D

6. satchitananda

GG, I am still struggling to come to terms with the fact that I was unable to care for my mom at home and missed being by her side just by about an hour when she passed on. I keep wondering what my mom must have felt and thought about me. I don't know if I am just looking for signs to comfort myself or whether these are genuinely signs from her that she loves me and is satisfied with whatever care I could provide her.

Somehow it all seems to be too much to be a co-incidence and I feel very strongly that they are messages indeed. Only a mother could comfort her child this way.

4 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

Thanks Ammulu. :-D

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,
    A memorable gift by a loving mother on a memorable day!
    Happy and joy rides with your loved ones!
    PS

1 person likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Thanks Pushpa Mami. More than the gift, I am overwhelmed with all the ways I am receiving signs from her.

10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Thoughts about Amma-inexplicable feeling.
    Amma's love expressed through C.Suspense maintained almost through out. Great snippet wonderfully woven.
    Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.