1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A book that answered my questions.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Scorpio707, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Well this is unlike me to write a snippet than the so usual poems that I have been writing. :)

As the title says, I'm penning down my personal experience. Having been through some not so nice problems in office and some depressing heart wrenching personal issues, I have been on a search for some answers' for a while on "Why" "What" "What If" "How" "Can" etc etc.....In short on a soul searching trip, trying desperately to find the answers that I needed to know...whether it was in the park, temple, or in the serenity of my room...all over I had been wandering seeking information, not to forget family and some of the folks around me.

In my 10 years of experience, I may have not earned all the money that I think I deserve or might not be expert/pro in knowledge, skill or domain expertise, though it has been a smooth sail so far bypassing the former. But I was lucky enough to meet someone and work for a person who is "Larger than life" in my organization, a person for whom I have high regards and admiration. It so happened during the course of time having gotten to know me probably quite well, we discussed and spoke on various topics when time permitted. It was during this time she gifted me a book "ILLUSIONS-The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah" by Richard Bach. The book she said would be unlike my regular reading of Fiction novels...and for the thrill of being given this book by a highly experienced person that she is I sat down to read it wondering what the story would be like.

From the first page I sensed there was something different about the book I was holding, page 2, 3,4,5 went by and the first shocker came - It was like someone talking to me in written format, simultaneously hearing a voice in my ears and visions of myself in it. I read almost 40 pages and realized this was meant for me, unable to resist or must I say my curiosity was killing me and I ended waking up around 2 AM in the morning and read the book till the last line. All the while I felt my heart beat go high, for reasons only since it had a very high impact on my not so rational and practical thinking :wink: It seemed like the character in the book appeared and disappeared just for me, and these two words from the title "ILLUSIONS" and "MESSIAH" were apt for me. Both coincide to what I have been experiencing, seeking and I can go on. When I woke up I felt like I had been given a portion of "WISDOM" having consumed it from a "Holy Grail". Not only did I feel light and free, I experienced clarity in my thoughts and my decisions and my thought process. It was like an awakening from my disastrous hibernation of problems and issues ongoing in my life. I can go on to narrate what more I felt and experienced but will force stop myself by concluding the below hidden truth I discovered. I might have had a late realization but "Better late than never" :bonk

• Let go of the things, do not cling onto either your past or an unforeseen future. Go with the flow.
    • Stop expecting that people around you must care and feel the same like you. If you do then it would mean that your happiness is dependent on them, you will never find means for your own.
    • If your heart is not into something, be it work or any other activity it is never too late to call it "Quits".
    • If you want to write, you must just do so, does not matter what others think of you, does not matter if the content is true or false. You must write for the mere reason being you like to write.
    • Problems and failures come our way only to pave way for the rewards that comes thereafter.

Seems like I have written a lot already..will work towards putting my learning into action. If you have read my post till the end - Thank you :Bow:

16 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Wow very nice awakening write up S7. Thanks to your association with her who has guided you to what you wanted to do in life. A very positive write up and inspires the reader - must have been the influence of the book.

Lucky me - I don't wish to wander around at 2 ish in the morning - you saved me from reading the book by claiming it was a book for you, thank you S7. :):):)

1 person likes this.
  3. Scorpio707

Hey GG...yeah blame it on the book for this write up :) don't be lazy...go ahead and read it sometime..who knows :wink:

4. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

very nice writeup S7...The points u short listed at last would heplful for all except few ppl who are out of it
    thanks for sharing

1 person likes this.
  5. Scorpio707

Thanks Uma...yes hoping it would help like it did for me....

1 person likes this.
  6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Good Write up scorpio.!!! you are multi talented

1 person likes this.
  7. Scorpio707

Akansha..thanks for saying that :thumbsup...but truth is I don't think I'm even half-full.. still a long way to go to acquire the many talents that I think I need :)

8. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Great post Scorpio. That book is on my to-read list for a long time. Your post has made me determined to read it soon.

1 person likes this.
  9. Scorpio707

Yes please read it...it's lovely...thanks Chillbreeze

10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Scorpio,
    Your friend has given a real gift intended for you specifically.The book is really revealing. The author makes you identify yourself. That is the secret of writing 'Personality Development' texts.
    In today's busy world full of stress and strains, anxieties and agonies,tortures and tumulations , many people are in need of a soothing friend, that these books make.
    It acts as a psychological counseller and a healing balm to the injured mind.

Once the individual comes out of tension and is ready to face the reality, then no book, no guide and no counselling needed. We will become our own masters.

Who knows, Scorpio will publish her book soon.
    " Words are more powerful than mighty swords"-pen is sharper than the knife."so true.

Jayasala 42

3 people like this.