1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Here and There

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Here and There

Anderson, the villain of Union Carbide, his death was announced yesterday, a month after he died. According to everyone he is the killer of thousands of gas victims of Bhopal. But I somehow don’t agree with that assessment.

He came to india 4 days after the gas leak, and came to Bhopal, was whisked away again back to USA. Some things are puzzling. Why did he come here, when he knew he would be arrested ? No sane person would do that. And why did he come to india ? A murderer runs away from the scene of crime, does not come back to inspect the damage.

There is a rumour, something I read somewhere, that he had come to see the effect of the cheap pesticides , the effect caught the Americans by surprise. They were used to spending a lot of money on nukes, which cost a bomb, but such cheap pesticides could cause worse deaths, so the rumour goes that the Americans sent Anderson to india, to study the effects of the gas firsthand and report, so that if feasible, more such destructive chemicals could be made for warfare.

After all , nukes are made to kill and cause maximum damage to human life. And it they can be made so cheaply, then why not make more. And this was a free human trial, even though by error, and was not deliberate, but an accident.

But things got out of hand, and so the Indian government got him out fast, to keep good relations with America, who treated us later worse than cockroaches, and gave a pittiance for the deaths.i wonder what if this happened in America, and the company was Indian, what would have been the American reaction ?

Tommorow , if a 1000 people die in a train accident or a plane accident, will the ministers concerned be deemed killers , just as Anderson was considered? For politics , people can go to any lengths. Athe fault lied with the local administration of Bhopal who are supposed to check the safety of the plants, the inspectors of the Government, who are responsible for the licences, and check if all is in order, not the person sittings 10000 miles away.

Those officials aer the true murderers, who took bribes, to close their eyes to the shoddy state of affairs at the Union Carbide, and who allowed the plant to function when It was in a rotten condition. Along with the Union Carbide, action should have been taken on those Indian officials too. But no one says anything to them, and poor Anderson had to spend the last 30 years hiding from even the American public as I read today.

I feel sorry for him, it was not his fault, he was just the servant of the factory, not the boss. And bosses want profit from least investments, as is the case everywhere, why blame him alone.

At least , now let the poor man rest in peace. RIP

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ent-sparks-village-party/articleshow/45000525.

A truck overturned in Bareilly, carrying Beer. A party soon started at the site, word spreading fast.people came with bottles, buckets, to have their fill literally.

Just imagine if a egg truck too had overturned along with this one, it would have been an omlette and egg party eh !

And don’t think just poor people came. Even the rich in their cars came, filled cartons and went away. When u know u wont be caught, even the top guys commit crimes eh !

And what a rowdy party this one can be, I am sure the scene must be hilarious, each one fighting to get their share of the tipple.As it is there is water shortage in villages, and beer being good for hair, makes it soft, I suppose the ladies could have beer bath, while men could drink it. HAHA

The black money of swiss has had many interesting fallouts. A joke that came in is as follows

A rich businessman was getting dreams of a dark lady in black saree every night.
    One day he summoned courage to ask her who she is
    The lady said, “ I am goddess Laxmi”
    The man said “ But u are supposed to be fair, and wearing white saree and gold ornaments !
    Laxmi said – “ Son , I am your black money, and I have come from Switzerland !!!!!

Well now I realize all my friends are broke, for not one of them figured in the list of account holders released by the Finance Minister. And I thought all my friends aer rich eh ! they just talk big. That Burman chap, of Dabur, has just 50 crores in the swiss account, that is chicken feed really.

And I am sure a lot of people would want to have their name on that list, for it would increase their prestige, just as an income tax raid a few decades back used to, people would wonder, in awe that this fellow is rich and we did not know that he was fit enough for a raid eh ! So after an income tax raid, many families used to be looked up in awe, and their sons were lifted in the higher bracket, getting good dowries , for now they were deemed rich suddenly.

So I now must change my friends to a richer category. Or make friends who have been raided once at least , HAHA.

A man is known by the company he keeps, and my company is not good, all kadkas really.

Have a great weekend, ladies and gentlemen, and may the lady in black come in yr dreams, and if u don’t like her, send her over to me will u ?

KAMAL MAHTANI

: A surgeon goes to return some books borrowed from the library...

The librarian quips after checking the books.....

"Sir your books are always returned with the last page missing in every book..."

The surgeon replies...

"I can't stop myself from removing an appendix when ever I see one,
    be it in a person or a book.


    Man: My wife treats me as if I’m a dog...
    Psychologist: Does she abuse you? Hit you? Starve you ?
    Man: No, she wants me to be Faithful…!!

Friends are like gas in the ass.
    Some are loud, some are silent, some are boisterous,
    some are noisy.
    But whatever they are, they bring a lot of relief.

1 person likes this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

The weekend is filled with social and entertainment elements, courtesy Kamalji. Nice one.

In one Kamal hasan movie he plays the hero and villain and sings - i am half a god and half an animal, am a creation of these mixture - the US is similar to that Kamalji.

Like kumb mela this is beer mela :)

With out knowing that black money lakshmi comes in black, i thought it is an actress and sang a duet and sent her off Kamalji, what to do now Kamalji? :)

2 people like this.
  3. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the insights Kamalji.
    I do not know the intricacies of the case, but in the eyes of the justice, A person who planned, instigated, committed or otherwise aided and abetted in the conspiracy or execution of a crime shall be individually convicted before the law.

But you know how the judiciary system works in India. Despite fast track courts guess closely 30 million cases still open. with such huge back logs and the average time they take for each case to evolve to the stage of final verdict, No doubt they dispose few cases also.

As usual, Jokes top class! I’m eyeing one good beer shampoo for long time :)))

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r GG,

you are as witty as ever GG. You should have sent her to me, actress or laxmi , both are fine.HAHA

Well so many interesting news comes everyday, GG, so many things to blog on.HAHA

Mukesh ambani is celebrating neeta 51st birthday in varanasi instead of vancoover, temples and all that. Amitabh is going there. Hritik got divorced yest, and there is not alk of alimoney of 400 crores, the lawyer says it is trust among them. You think they can trust with that amount involved ?

Regards

kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Neetu,

Balaji informed me that Mahindra and mahindra was also involved , they were the indian partners of union carbide at that time.And no one is aying anything about them eh ! Yes anderson is guilty, but then our government accepted the payment of 470 million dollors and all cases quashed.

Courts well i can never understand. Why take rent cases to court? if the tenant signed the agreement that after 3 years he will vacate, then he has to vacate, or the landlord calls the police and has the teneant thrown out. As simple why does this matter has to clog the courts time. What is left to prove ?

Thank u for the kind words.

Regards

kamal

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji I have this suspicion that it is going to be a status symbol to be nam,ed kin a Swiss account list and lot of guys with chickenfeed are going to queue up for that so that they can impress their kith and kin about their wealth. Who knows those in power might be bribed (In black money of course) to ensure that these guyes get into the list.

As for that overturned beer truck our passion for free items is mkind boggling. Wonder what these jokers would have done had a truck carrying excreta overturned.

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji Keshub Mahindra got away with a light sentence of fiyur years during most of it he was out on parole so the sentence was a joke.The Indians who actually looked after the plant should have got a stiffer sentence but they got away. Even now we don't what was in the plant. The comlex in Bhopa is heavly guarded and attempts by environmental groups like greenpeace to take samples from there for testing have been foiled by police. And to make matters worse, the American company refused to share with the authorities on grounds of confidentiality and intellectual propertty rights details of the chemicals made in the plant that would have helped the treatment of victims with the right antitodes .

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

HAHA. A status symbol eh ! No wonder the Swiss chaps open yr account with a minium of 5 million dollors, so that phukras like me dont open accounts there wit 10,000 dollors and waste their time.

i had read,once , of how the swiss accounts operate. U can call the bank from any part of the world, and u have given them, the code, which only u can know, for example the name of yr great grandmothers aunty, which even yr worst enemy cannot find out.

So the person at the other end, after knowing yr acc number, will transfer whereever u want him or her to.

And it seems they dont give u any interest, but in fact they cut money, something like 3 per cent or so, whenever u withdraw.

And someday u will withdraw, then they cuit taht percentage from the amount that u want to remit. in the meanwhile they have yr interest free money m u can imagine how much the banks make with yr money in Swiss.

Not bad eh !

Excreta, haha.Superb, even i am wondering.

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

all these things i did not know at all, that u are informing me. Wow.

And how can they clain confidentialty when the damage has been done eh ! the American president in that case should have been charged, if he could not force the company to comply. Strange and sad.

Regards

kamal

10. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

Dear kamalji ,

indian politicians have always compromised india 's pride and well being for their personal gains.
    So far it's only modi who is trying to uphold india's self respect. But only time can tell if he can continue to do so without giving in to the pressure .
    Nice post.