1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Modis Gimmicks

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Modi’s Gimmicks

I admire Modi, he has made us proud. I saw him on TV when he addressed the NRI’s at Maddison Gardens, all learned people, and all were cheering him. I felt very proud. Paid villagers cheer speeches, but when these learned people and businessmen cheered, I understood, they are not stupid.

And Modi made good on one promise, promising Aemricans visa on arrival, and to Indians too, and I hear that it has already started, just that it is a nightmare for the customs authorities, for they fear another David Headly may come in.

But I am not a fanatic. I don’t adore anyone, though I admire many. Modi I admire but don’t adore. God I adore , but I don’t idolize. Gurus I stay away, I have seen people sway to their gurus, if he says it is night, they all agree, I don’t, I will look at the sky and think for myself.

So now coming to Modi, and what I feel are the gimmicks. Some are election gimmicks, that he said , but which I don’t think are practical and possible.let me state a few.

1. Sardar patel statue – The contract for the statue has been given to Larson and Tubro, for some 3000 crores. First he said, the iron will be donated by the public, now all that is forgotton and now government money is being spent on something useless, a statue we can illafford.

1. Swiss Black Money – Advani said that 5 years back, but did nothing. Modi said we will bring back black money, but where is it ? All the money from Swiss Banks disappeared after 9/11, when America put pressure on Swiss banks to declare the names of account holders. America said there is terrorist money, Swiss said it is business money, meaning black money. But Swiss warned all account holders to take out their money, before Amerca lays it hands on them or freezes the accounts. I have the newspaper clippings of 2002 ,

And all that money came back to india when we opened the Mauritius route, and loads of money came from there. In 2003 the sensex was 3000, real estate at rock bottom, and all this money chased was both these things, so sensex is now 27000 and real estate upto 10 times and above.

So the coffers are all empty in Swiss, all the money is already in stocks and real estate, a lot of it is benami, but what is anyone doing about it.

1. Bringing back Dawood – What did BJP did about this when it was last in power? Nothing, and all they can do is go crying to USA. We need a big brother to bring a bully to justice, we cant do it ourself eh ! And many politicians don’t want him to come back, for it is feared, that he knows the Swiss account numbers of many of the politicians of all political parties, so this is all a hogwash.

1. Cleaning Ganga - Ho Ho Ho – Do u know, what causes the Ganga to be dirty ? Half burnt bodies burnt at the ghats and then thrown in Ganga for fishes to eat, for poor don’t have enough wood to burn, and very poor tie a stone to a body and drop it in the middle of Ganga. And people bath and wash clothes in Ganga. That is besides the industrial affluents. Try telling people to stop buring the dead, to stop bathing in Ganga, and tell the industries , all yr vote bank dries up, people and industries are up in arms. Anoth gimmick , Ganga will remain dirty as ever, try spending 70.000 crores or 10 times that, nothing will happen.

1. Toilet for each house – Does not modi know, that some people can only **** in the open, they love it, like I love the fresh air when I walk, they love the fresh air that touches their backside.Have cameras in the fields and fine those that **** there, and see the uproar, even if u give them free toilets. Another gimmick that will not work.

1. Clean India – What does one do when u want to pee in the centre of town ? of course , see the wall, and wet it, simple fopr a man at least. Otherwise have toilets all over towns, and have people to keep it clean, then talk of clean Bharat. Ban Pan eating, so people don’t spit the bettleroot, or that red liquid. See what happens, people will be up in arms. Another gimmick.

Overall Modi is the best prime minister we have had, and hemakes us all proud. But he too I am afraid falls in the gimmick category to win votes.He is good with words, better than the rest, he can woo the villagers and the educated, that sets him apart from others.

So I see the above as gimmicks, which he should avoid, for the opposition is waiting to attack him, why give them chance , when there are so many other things he can do to make life better and easier for us.

What say friends.i would appreciate yr views even if they differ form mine. All are welcome , my friends .

KAMAL MAHTANI

Now Parents are confused about future of their kids....

Whether to send Kids to sell Tea & become like Modi...
    Or

Send them to IIT & become like Kejriwal...
    Or
    Go Abroad & do nothing to become like Rahul Gandhi..
    !!! Hard Decision !!!

FUNNY ANALYSIS

If you follow the right woman, you become... Robert Vadra

If you follow the wrong woman, you become... Vijay Mallya

If you follow many woman, you remain... Salmaan Khan (Bachelor)

If you don't follow woman, you become... Narendra Modi

Choose your type...

Hang on..

Do not follow woman blindly.. Else you become... Manmohan Singh !!

: Father: Success is when signature turns in to autograph.
    ;
    Son: No dad,
    ;
    ;
    ;
    Success is when Signature
    turns into
    Black Label or Chivas Regal...

Ladki: “Dadiji, Aapke Zamane Mein 10-10 Bacche Kyu Hote The?”

Dadi: “Arrey Beti,
    Hamare Zamane Mein Raat Ko Log Whatsapp aur Facebook Pe Time Kharaab Nahi Karte The”

2 people like this.
  2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Nice one Kamalji.

He was not just a chaiwala but a masala chaiwala :)

Hence masala/gimmick will be there. Adequate masala is loved by public. Hope there won't be an over dosage and breaks the vote bank in the coming elections.

1 person likes this.
  3. ravichander

ravichander New IL'ite

hye ! this is nice one

1 person likes this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Modi is trying to boost the economy, at least L and T's economy.As for black money all attempts to bring back them make no sense because the money doesn't stay in Swiss banks. It is returned to India through the Mauritiyus route created by the Indo-Mauritius trade agreement through which dummy firms there can show non taxable profits that will be invested here tax free. The other way out is the P notes which a Forieign Institutional Investor gives to the people who funded his investments. The notes ensure that you only know the FII front and not the actual investor behind it--a brilliant method to ensure the anonymity of the actual investor who migtht be a terrorist, a corrupt politician or tax aevading industrialist. These two instruments must be done away with to ensure that black money doesn't pay the tax evader. Also some people receive amnesty for tax evasion. If they declare honestly their income after evasion and they escape punishment. This must also be ended.

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r GG,

HAHA. i cant stop laughing, masala chai wala eh !

u said it all, i cant say anything better.HAHA

Regards

kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Ravi i saw all yr posts and everywhere u just say , hey this is nice.

if this is all that u have to say, pls dont come to my blogs again.pls stay away.

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

Very true what u say about mauritius, all swiss accs are empty already, the money has flown away long ago after 9/11.

Agree buddy, well said.

Regards

kamal

8. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,
    If the only reason Modi has to stop is because the opposition will complain, they will find something else to complain.

I am awed by Modi. He has got all the attention to himself that the opposition is gasping for air to breath. Chidambaram is telling, this is not new we did it. Tharoor is saying, he wants to clean India because it was Gandhi's vision not because Modi said so. ( But why Tharoor didn't clean until Modi said so, is another matter ).

Rahul is saying, stop playing drums in japan when people are starving here. But Modi is having the last laugh.

Talk about showman ship. Move over Subhash Ghais, Karan Johars and Bhansalis.

Now he has got all the celebrities cleaning the streets. Granted that these celebrities pick a day with nice weather, choose a calm place outside the city where there are trees and nice breeze going on and they push the fallen leaves from the trees around, take some pictures and send it to the media, dare anyone ask, what did Modi did during his tenure.

Not only did he make the Amitabh bachchans and Tendulkars side with him, Modi is garnering free publicity and votes for his party. How else can you explain the results in Maharashtra and Haryana?

Irrespective of the gimmicks, only so much can be done. Its like the card trick. You keep the attention of the audience in one place and move things in the background. So, as long as only so much can be done, why not do it with Style.

I am loving it so far. He has bettered any government that has come to power, from what I can remember. If not in substance, at least in intent and pride. Not one leader before shared with us the pride of being an Indian. Modi has done just that, in India and abroad.

I hope to make the same statement at the end of his current tenure.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mars,

i cannot agree with u more.Modi has done us proud and what u say is very true. i just hope, like u, thathe continues to do the good work that he is doing.

What i liked about him was, yesterday he announced that govt officers will not hold conferences in 5 stars, travel first class, buy new cars etc. Wonderful.

i have seen a govt bank holding a conference in a 5 star, havign 15000 wine bottles, and i was amazed really. u can have those conferences over cups of tea, and anywhere else, why a damn 5 star.So now all that will stop.

He has made us proud no doubt. i just want him to not speak the impossible, but speak of the possible ones.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.