1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Exotic Wedding Destinations

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

The Exotic Wedding Destinations

Recently I received a call from a friend of mine, whose son is getting married, that I find out a great hotel for him in jaipur where they can hold the wedding. Both the boys and girls side are from Chennai, and all their friends and relatives are locals, so I was wondering why they want it so far in Jaipur.

Friend said “ Kamal we want an exotic wedding , elephant wedding, (maybe he means the bridegroom will be on the elephant, rather than the horse), they wanted some 150 rooms, in one hotel, for 4 days, and he said, we want to bond with our own relatives, and with the girls side, all the functions in one hotel, some indoor and some outdoor, where we will all be close to one another.

Well Jaipur did not materialize and ultimately they held it in Goa, another exotic place, where they say, sea food is awesome, but most were veg, so all a waste of money I suppose. We could not attend the wedding as I had the doctors appoint ments.

I don’t see how it makes sense to hold a wedding so far away from yr home. For NRI’s I can understand, but for Indians, how does it make sense. For both the families, they have friends and relatives in Chennai, so at least a 1000 people from both sides combined can attend, so that makes it a great wedding . Easier for all to attend, no arrangements to be made for people to attend, barring a few outstation relatives say , some 10 to 12 rooms in a club or 2 star hotel.

In outstation weddings, if 150 rooms are booked, that means just 300 people, if we take 2 people per room. All have to be accommodated, and for 4 days, it works out to 600 rooms in all, and at a minimum of say 7000 per room, it workds out to 40 lakhs for the rooms alone.

Assuming breakfast is included in the tariff, lunch costs extra, around 800 plus taxes which works out to 1000 per head per luch, so everyday 300 x 1000 = 3 lakhs for luch alone. The dinners are covered in the functions as it is.

And then the problem comes of the hairdressers., these hotels are some 50 kms away from the city, so hairdressers are carted all the way there, and they charge a bomb. And then one taxi whole day for on family, so that works out to another 3000 at least per room.

That is besides the function cost. And who pays for the rooms ? the girls side, or the boys side, or the guests themselves ? I have seen a lot of bickering going on this issue at the venue, when the time comes to pay the bills, and the hosts go collecting money .HAHA. Well u don’t find it funny but I surely do. If u do not have the balls to provide accommodation to guests whom u invite outstation to yr wedding, then tell them so beforehand, that listen , u will have to pay for yr own room, and airfare, and then see if the guest comes or makes and excuse and backs out !i guess a 100 couples of the 150 rooms will not come in that case if they are told to pay !!!

I have known friends being called overseas, to attend weddings, where with the wedding card, comes the form of hotel, that we have got a concession in X hotel, where the usual rate is 300 dollors but we have got it for 150 dollors, so u can book the room yourself for these days, by yr credit card.

Now, it depends how important is the wedding where u and yr wife will spend airfare, hotelfare, plus go and give a gift to the couple , and come back. At least here u know wehre u stand, not being told at the last minute, that hey pay for the room and all that u ate inside it.What a shock that can be eh !

The fun and grandeur is when u have it in yr own city, among yr own friends and relatives who come in full strength, and the venue is brimming with well dressed guests. And a few 3 idiot type idiots may also come in and screw up a fewl plates of yours, but then that is a part and parcel of the game eh !

I think this grandeur thing is only with the parents of both the sides. If u ask the couple, they would be more interested in getting a court marriage, no ceremonies, and when they can just jump in bed and be alone, and away from friends and relatives, and not come out of their rooms for days together. But who cares about them , poor souls who are miserable and counting the hours left when they retire. Poor chaps !!!

What say friends !!!

KAMAL MAHTANI

GRANDPARENTS' ANSWERING MACHINE

Good morning . . .
    At present we are not at home, but please leave your message after you hear the beep.

beeeeeppp ....

If you are one of our children, dial 1 and then select the option from 1 to 5 in order of "birth arrival" so we know who it is.

If you need us to stay with the children, press 2

If you want to borrow the car, press 3

If you want us to wash your clothes and do ironing, press 4

If you want the grandchildren to sleep here tonight, press 5

If you want us to pick up the kids at school, press 6

If you want us to prepare a meal for Sunday or to have it delivered to your home, press 7

If you want to come to eat here, press 8

If you need money, press 9

If you are going to invite us to dinner or take us to the theatre, start talking ..... we are listening...

Punjabi Matrimonial Adv:

"WANTED WIFE

AGE no Bar, WEIGHT no Bar,
    LOOKS no Bar, CASTE no Bar,
    Education no Bar.
    But girl's father must have his own "BAR".

Beer & ice will give you hangovers.

Vodka & ice will ruin your kidneys.

Rum & ice will ruin your liver.

Whiskey & ice will ruin your heart.

Gin & ice will ruin your brain.

Pepsi & ice will ruin your teeth

... Apparently ICE is lethal!!!Warn all your friends: LAY OFF THE ICE!

- just drink it straight!!

AND, don't forget ice also sank the Titanic!

Girls want Attention

Women want Respect.

Men want both.

No no ..not Attention and Respect.

Both Girls and Women

Ramu calls up The Radio Station 

Ramu : Hello is this the Radio Station?

RJ : Yes sir! You are our first caller! Congratulations! Your name?

Ramu : Yeah I'm Ramu. Is this the morning show with Karan? Am I audible to the whole city?
    RJ : Haan sir! The whole city can hear Yu!

Ramu : My sister is at home and she is listening to the radio. Can she hear my voice ?

RJ : Yeah! Obvious! Sir temme what msg Yu wanna convey?

Ramu: Hey Padma if Yu can hear my voice, plz go switch on the pump!

I'm in the toilet in the room upstairs
    and there's no water here!
    I called your cell it's switched off!
    I had no other option.....

RJ : Fainted !!!!!!!

8 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

May be Kamalji, they are all super rich or the wedding is only for close family members. But I have to say that the trends are sure changing fast. Exotic destinations aside, if they become simpler and simpler, that would be awesome. That said, I thought it was quite strange that I read about exotic destinations for weddings while I was just reading an article on 15 places in India to travel alone -some amazing pictures 15 Places In India You Should Visit Alone

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

Well exotic or not, what i am trying to convey is , that why invite few select people to wedding, pay for their stay and food, whereas u can invite so many people in yr own town, not pay for their stay as they are locals, and have the blessings of so many . and what is exotic in a strange city, beats me. Everything u have to ru for, or pay exhorbitantly, the hotel knows u are at their mercy, for they are far away from cities, so they make a good killing from everything u want.

4. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

what a waste in the name of grandeur and status .
    shouldn't we think of having simple weddings and spending the excess money doing some good like feeding the poor . the newly weds can start their life with some sincere blessings and good wishes .

but , kamal sir , your jokes are always hilarious.

1 person likes this.
  5. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji...the boy and Girl must thinking "Oh please give all that money to us, we'll pay our home loan, car loan, personal loan, loan top ups or at least we'll pay our credit cards bills and taxes".
    just for 3 days hungama, so much money is blown in air and the best part not all are happy at the end, some misunderstandings and fights crop up.

And Jokes are too too Good!

1 person likes this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji I sense a conspiracy to sabotage the Indian economy. Do you know how lavish weddings give a boost to the economy. First thye jewelry and clothes sector s are propped up. Lot of craftsmen making jewels and dresses make a living. The designer wear industry is almost wedding centric. And then think of the caterers, cooks, cleaners etc. What will they do unless you are willing to splurge? And last of all hotels will wear a deserted look unless weddings take place there. Sarcasm apart let us start tr3eating wedding as a bond between two individuals and not a public tamasha.

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Still waters,

simple weddings are good very good, the money saved on lavish wedding given to the couple to start a new life. Calling Shah rukh khan for weddings, and paying like 5 crores for an appearance, is that not too much ?

But what i am trying to say here is, suppose the boys side is from A city, and girls side from B city, cant they have the wedding in A or B city, why in X Y Z cities?

Beats me really.

Regards

kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Neetu,

true, with the amount spent, i think the couple could buy a decent one bedroom apartment , and pay off their credit cards rather than stay with wedding dresses and gifts which they cant use again.So much money spent in those few dsays eh

Jokes courtesy my friends on whats app.HAHA

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Do u know Balaji that thanks to weddings these days there is no offseason for hotels, meaning april to august was off season, now april to june is full, and they earn handsomely in weddings, the managers of hotels mint money arranging taxi services, and they have their own cuts etc.

10. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

dear kamal sir ,
    when the aim is only showing off their status then convenience is looked upon as being cheap . designer shoes and clothes are most uncomfortable but are not abandoned .
    in the quest to excel from the next , people come up with weird ideas .