1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

THE MOST UNENVIABLE JOB iN INDIA

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Question: What is the most unenviable job in India despite its high perks? That of the chief minister of Tamil Nadu. I mean that of the de jure CM not the de facto one.

If you are masochistic enough to regularly watch Jaya and Jaya Plus TV channels you will know that this is true. For those who are not aware, the chief minister of Tamil Nadu is called O .Panneerselvam. But to his misfortune, J.Jayalalitha AIADMK chief, is more the CM of Tamil Nadu than the CM of Tamil Nadu.

The Jaya channels don't even mention the poor guy by name. His visuals are absent completely. If it is a painful necessity, he is just called "Chief Minister" and never named. Instead all other ministers get air time on the two channels. It is as if the poor chap has been dropped into the dusbbin of Tamil Nadu history.

The only time poor OPS came into fore was when he wrote a letter to Narendra Modi, about the fate of Tamil fishermen arrested by Sri lankan navy and seeking the release of their boats. I am sure that was viewed as usurpation by his boss lady and he has been asked to go into hiding.

After the disappearance of OPS everything in the state, if you believe the J channels happens because of Jayalalitha. Even when due to heavy rainfall roads are damaged, they are repaired by the municipality staff "Under the guidance of the people's chief minister"(That is the great lady's latest sobriquet, indicating that she isw the real CM and OPS is irrelevant and should be brimming with gratitude for not being givien the title of "anti-people chief minister".

Believe it or not nothing moves in the state without the "people's chief minister"s "guidance" (an euphemism for orders). OPS i am sure must have locked himself up in a cold storage no doubt under the people's chief minister's "guidance"

Even Sonia Gandhi was never blatantly this openly bossy as the country's de facto premier, though the party's rank and file knew she was the boss, Manmohan Singh's stature as PM was never so belittled so blatangtly like OPS stature as CM is being reduced to zero. Even during the tenure of Manohar JOshi and Narayan Rane as Shiv Sena CMs of Maharashtra, Bal Thackeray didn't so openly position himself as super chief minister. Their dignity remained unaltered though he was the guy who really pulled the strings.

But here all subtlity has been thrown to winds. The lady is sending a clear message to the judiciary that though she has been disqualified to hold office she is the real chief minister of Tamil Nadu. laws be damned. And poor OPS is caught under the Jayaggernaut.

Any self-respecting person in OPS position would have committed hara-kiri. But the only people who do such things in Tamil Nadu are the hapless party workers who blindly worship their leaders and set themselves alight when they are convicted. Thickskinned shameless netas continue to thrive.

8 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear balaji
    you still watch jaya tv. Ha ha.
    wow she has so much influence eh.
    great one. Cant stop laughing.
    superb.
    rgds kamal

3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

B' - OPS did not even send out the customary deepavali wishes to the public. If he had, then this week a different slave would have been the new CM.

His "just falling flat duty" that he had earlier, seems a better job than this CM's job. :)

2 people like this.
  4. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

Dear Balajee,
    Good one! Either the super CM has made them double thick skinned or may be they are brainwashed to an extent, they think 'of the JJ, for the JJ, by the JJ'gigglingsmiley
    While she was in prison, and people were crying literally rolling on floors, all I could think was, who knows how much they paid to do these stuffs in front of media.. May be I'm wrong, but that is what came to my thought.. who would mind shedding few tears(thinking of their own problem for the tears to roll down) and get some pocket money?:bonk

-- Appu

1 person likes this.
  5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, I still watch Jaya TV because it is a real ROFL channel as it is the only channel that keeps showing peopleliterally rolling on the floor.When jaya was convicted and jailed they rolled on the floor crying. Now they are rolling on the floor around temples as a thanksgiving prayer. These guys have scaled the everest of chamchagiri and I don't think they can go beyond this level.

1 person likes this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

GG if OPS had issued diwali greetings there would have been fireworks in Poes Gaden that would have blasted him off the CM's chair. He knows he is expendable and there are enough bootlickers in the party to replace him. So he wisely remained silent.

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

OPS is getting what he deserves. His sobbing act on swearing in was pathetic. No wonder, Asianet calls his cabinet, Paneerum- Kanneerum.

Good one, Balajee.

1 person likes this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Balaji,
    Laughed and laughed.....
    I never watched Jaya channel because of language proble. Of course no need to know the language to enjoy. I guess seeing itself would be more than enough to enjoy.
    It has become tradition of our country......MMS, OP, Rabri devi. So, next to family or hereditary rule now this is going to become the trend! One is happy with the chair and other with power!
    Syamala

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Vittala, I think the party workers have been brainwashed to some extent but the top honchos are thickskinned bootlickers.. And for the kind of pocket money these jokers can get, they need really big pockets.

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Vidya, he can change his name to Kanneerselvam. That would be more apt. But then the entire party lineup is behaving as if they are in a movie or soap opera. Guess Jaya's acting past has come to haunt them!!!!
    t