1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Finally.. I got to know, why .......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Vittala, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

I’m happy today, in spite of being sick. Happiness is happiness and the happiness when shared gets doubled. So here I go….
    At last I got to know the reason behind...
    Why I never scored better marks in my language papers while in school. One had to search my corrected answer paper with microscope for the blue ink every single time.:spin It still remains a mystery to both my language teacher and me, as to why I could never top like I did in other subjects. How much I wish I could get her contact now and tell her why.
    I got to know why I could never score well in the theory subjects in my college. I got to know why I could never get away with promotions or good appraisals, despite having lot of accolades from my clients.
    I got to know why l couldn’t continue learning music. Every time it would either be my music teacher relocating or we would and again I would start all over from Geetham and go till varanam and the history would repeat itself, until I finally stopped due to board exams. waitingsmiley
    I now know why I couldn’t cook tasty foods. Well, now I know what I need to do to get delectable semiya upma. I got to know now why I couldn’t finish the embroidery on the dress- it’s just been a year since I started the handwork. I now know why most of the times my cold likes to enjoy my company and prefers to stay with me for a longer time than it usually take for others.
    I now know why I am not able to churn out any creative and wonderful snippets. No no, please don’t think it’s the writer’s block. I’m talking about the writing itself, you see. The list of whys are endless. Nevertheless the answer for all the whys makes so much sense and if you know the reason, I’m sure most of you would be pleased and swayed like me.:thumbsup

Enough of your Whys, now tell us why this snippet, I hear you ask!

My mom’s friend visited home today. Just to share Diwali sweets and savories. After the usual enquiry about my work and other things, she started with her usual updates on the neighborhood. While I just went in to take my tablets, she told me this: Don’t start taking tablets either on Thursday or Saturday. As whatever you do on Thursday or Saturday, continues to grow.
    So the hypothesis meant, whatever we do on other days, wouldn’t prosper so much as we do on either Thursday or Saturday. I did a lot of backtracking and found out, for so many whys, I now had an answer. It was because I dint start or do these stuffs on either Thursday or Saturday.:bonk Although my mom couldn’t recollect when she started giving me Complan, I bet it was neither on Thursday nor Saturday, else I would have grown taller, you see..
    I am going to sleep peacefully like never today, after all, I now know what to do to get the things right!:exactly:

-- Appu

10 people like this.

2. kalpavriksham

kalpavriksham Gold IL'ite

Oh dear,
    today is THURSDAY!
    means 'more snippets from you" or "more responses for this from ILs"?

couldnt wait till the last for the suspense to open! nice one !
    HAPPY DIWALI!

3 people like this.
  3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Lol - Nice one V'

Imagine with out the complan if you could write this and much better than in your language paper, if mom had given on a thursday or friday what all you would be writing :)

Great memories and great finding - before sleeping happily, just shout on top of your voice Eureka..... :) All that began drinking complan on a thursday/friday should never grow up any further :):):)

3 people like this.
  4. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

Dear KV,
    Thanks for stopping by and your wonderful FB.
    You see what happened when I posted on Thursday? You did read my snippet and gave first FB.. :2thumbsup:
    Hopefully its both, that I am able to keep writing snippets and bring a smile on people in IL..:)

--Appu

1 person likes this.
  5. Vittala

Vittala Gold IL'ite

Dear GG,
    Thanks for the sweet FB and for the confidence that without having complan on Thursday or Saturday, I do write okay! You made my day! :). Now coming to think of it, I think I did read your So(u)l(e) search,yesterday(Thursday) and well may be that triggered the mission for me.. what say?? :)

-- Appu

1 person likes this.
  6. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Hahhahaa...good one Vittala :thumbsup....Your mystery has been unfolded now :wink:

1 person likes this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Very nice. My mom believes that that we should not sow seeds on a sunday as seeds sown on sunday do not germinate.I guess mother earth also needs a day off.:coffee

3 people like this.
  8. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Vittala,

Nice one indeed, reading your Snippet for the first time, not sure if I missed a few, Thanks for sharing the mystery unfolded.

Likewise there are many who have "WHYs" with "?" not getting unfolded, hope each one of them get theirs solved too.

May Baba guide you and bless you always, SAIRAM

2 people like this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear appu,
    I never heard about this and thanks for sharing this. AKashaya thrithyai and Vijaya Dasami are supposed to be auspicious days for learning anything. Perhaps they are given exception from this rule.
    Now I have come to know from yellow mango that Sunday is not auspicious for sowing seeds. Having passion for gardening I will remember this.
    Having come to know all these, I will stick to my own belief that all days are good days.
    There are different beliefs in different places .
    A nice snippet,
    PS

2 people like this.
  10. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

I got to know why..why apps sounds so sweet, I got to know why she writes such cute ones, I got to know why she brings a smile to all our faces coz..coz she has a beautiful innocent heart and she speaks from her heart…simple!
    Nice cute one Apps and you write so wonderfully well..enjoyed it! Keep them coming.

2 people like this.