1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being professionally unprofessional

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meril, Oct 20, 2014.

1. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Like every child I also had a dream career which changed from time to time.

When travelling interested me I decided to be an air hostess- flying through the sky passing by the shades of blue and breaking through the clouds. I dreamt of the countries to visit and gathered information of each.

As the years passed by the air hostess gave way to a web designer, with determination that this decision would be the final. I searched all possible way to create a webpage for myself. Took time in learning the HTML formulas' and was fascinated by the change in text colour with a change in numerical.After days of rewriting certain formulas and correcting the errors the page was finally launched with few photos of friends and family.

My interest had to change again, when an English teacher once pointed out that I had a flair for writing. Being praised in the midst of 30 students which accompanied guys too, added one or more feather to my hat.I treasured her words and continued writing in newspaper editorial column until I won a watch which was meant for the best letter.

When life got serious and education got tougher, I knew it was time to choose a path, and stick on to it! Destiny had ups and downs, turns and twists awaiting me and finally leads me to an organisation where I wish to realise "what I am meant to be!!"

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    2 people like this.

2. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Meril, best wishes for your new role...

3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Nice one M - as we grow, grows our wishes/likes/dreams.
    Select few chase those, majority of us stick to the career we land in.
    Easier to start liking the career we land in than to chase that we like. Best wishes to you.

But chasing what we like is worth it, if we intend to...

3 people like this.
  4. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations, Meril :) You've also beautifully captured how we should push ourselves past our comfort zones to explore different types of careers! Not enough folks do this :p

5. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thank you for your wishes Scorpio! :)

6. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thanks GoggleGlass! I agree with you, most of them start liking or are forced to like the career they land up in.

1 person likes this.
  7. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thank you HasteRaho! :)..I have just penned down few of the careers I wanted to end up in..

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Meril,

Yes,finally we start liking what we are doing or to be precise develop a liking. That is what life is. In childhood dreams vary....but when we come to reality we have have a relative, in mid 40s. Worked as a software engineer for 20 years, in USA and In India and finally five years back he resigned his job...saying he got fed up with job and he wants to pursue his won interests. Origami, trekking and hiking, volunteer service in a mentally retarded adults etc. He has enough savings, I guess. Two teen age kids, wife working as a lecturer......he is doing what he likes but family is unhappy. So, no baseline for these attitudes....varies.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  9. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Hi Shyamala!

Thanks for your feedback. At some point in life you tend to be fed up with your work and decide to follow your desire. Self satisfaction is vital to keep one happy! :)