1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Never enough!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

[justify]On my fifth lap of the same route, I was mesmerized by the rising Sun, the play of light on the plants, on the gentle ripples of that lake and the sky itself. The yellow sun flowers, standing tall at the end of a single long stalk were gently swaying to the mild breeze in contrast to the lavender flowers, casting a faint shadow on one another, to the sounds of the birds in flight, the quacking of the ducks in the pond, the golden light of the rising sun casting it's magic whatever it touched. I was mesmerized as I stopped running and stood rooted to the ground trying to take it all in. As I try to capture at least a moment of that bliss, looking through my phone lens, I find myself thinking, "What the soul perceives, the eye only sees and what the eye sees, well my lens cannot even capture." Perhaps it is the morning talking to the soul and soul alone!

There is some agitation that beautiful morning. As I slow down my pace and begin walking, I realize that I am only running to see if that injury has healed. The run in a way is a protest to the wariness I feel, at times.

Talk to my running coach, she never fails to remind me that I need to run more, what I do is just not enough.

Turn to my strength coach she brushes off running with, the stronger you are, the better you run. There is never enough of strength training.

I turn to my yoga teacher and she goes "Why all that running, unless you practice more yoga, how will you learn to meditate? There is not enough of yoga practice"

Wondering what is it I am trying to get to from all these, I turn to friends. Well every one of them is obsessed over how to lose those few pounds that have stacked up, well wherever and nothing seems to be enough - not enough of right foods, not enough exercise, not enough this, not enough that and not enough weight loss!

Thinking of my grandmother asking me to substitute my dinners with something lighter, I turn the TV on only to see a commercial that goes "Yes, you can eat all that (a big fat burger) with our diet plan" telling me you are not doing enough with your diet.

I look around and most of my friends always speak of how the time they have is not enough in a day!

Phew! All I seem to hear is not enough of this and that, around me. Makes me wonder how much of anything is enough?

All I want is, sometimes to just breathe and be - like I could for a few minutes that morning, watching that sun! Can there ever be enough of those moments?

Yes, yes I know there is nothing stopping me. If only I were to learn and remember always that those moments of breathe and be are the ones that are never enough! If only! [/justify]

9 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Never enough of what? what it may be - something or other for each individual.

A gainer wishes to lose, a loser wishes to gain...

Watch the sun and have fun - let's lose to gain, a gain with out the loss at times turns a pain, either to us or for the other's who haven't a gain.

Nice one SR.

1 person likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I disagree with GG, the gainer doesn't yearn to lose. Winning is addictive . But Sabitha true it is never enough. Take whatever you want but contentment is not programmed into our genes.l

3 people like this.
  4. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

B' - it is in weight perspective - SR wants to lose :)

1 person likes this.
  5. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

It’s never enough to contain the gluttonous tongue, never enough to walk the butts off, never enough to keep the spirits always up, never enough to even give it up..phew! It is only easy enough to say “enough is enough”

1 person likes this.
  6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

people fall into bad habits, of cribbing and advising. in the parent teacher meet, many years back of my daughters, i would stand and watch amised as the teacher was telling a girl's parent, the child had 98 plus in all subjects, that she can do better !!!!!

imagine me, my kids having got some 70 plus, and i was wondering what will the teacher tell me eh ! And i was telling my kids, 70 is brilliant, yr dad never got so much.

So really, some ladies are in tbe bad habit of keeping a check on their diet, their husbands diet, friends, they watch, they are obsessed, as a stalker is.

Fat is fit for me, it is fine, eat and drink and make merry, and ater that, drink a glass of sherry.

So watch the sun as much as u want, but ignore these doomsayers wo say Sabita u have put on weight.HAHA

What say?

Regards

kamal

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

GG now I want to go and do this :hide: Not that I couldn't use some weight loss but I was just observing my surroundings and this just came out.

But thank you for cheering for me.

1 person likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Balajee, thank you! That is what I was thinking of - how we can beat ourselves up for not doing enough and everything just becomes a challenge that we need to take up and win. Interesting no?

Fortunately I am surrounded by committed and passionate people - their belief in what they are doing startles me at times. I am in wow of them and wonder about what is it I lack to feel that way about anything!

PS: I am working hard at finding a balance between doing things and not going bonkers over it. Hence a bigger attempt to just breathe and be.

1 person likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

ha ha well put Parineetha. Well put. I do hope it is easy enough to say "enough is enough".

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

There is a lot of value in what you say here.

I know that the people who are around me have done something because of their passion. I do many things because well....because I can do it. I am sure I drive these people up the wall for not trying my best.

My dad was like you Kamalji..happy that we are doing way better than he did and always proud of us. My uncles are still like that. It is good to find a balance. I don't have to tell you, your girls are lucky!

It is not the question of fat kamlaji, I am trying to get to that point of balance and influence my friends whom I train. You should see the students I get sometimes, if it were up to them they would want to do all the levels of yoga in three days. I have to remind myself to breathe, smile and teach them making sure that I am teaching them well enough that their bodies (not necessarily fat) will do justice to what it can do and not what they want to do. With some, I need to help them understand to modulate food, with some more, I need to remind them to wean off of that diet. And with me, I need to remind myself to breathe!