1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share Your Pranks here!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aishu22, May 7, 2008.

1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear All,
    After reading some pranks from Devika and Moon beams..( April Contest)I wud love to hear from all other fellow Ilites too about the pranks they have played on their near and dear ones...Not necessarily on April 1st...

So... dears.. please write in here about the pranks that u did or pranks played on you!! I'm sure its gonna make an interesting read for all of us!

P.S: Devika was the inspiration to start this thread...My sincere Thanks to her.

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Aishu:kiss so sweet,

Well heres my boni....

Ok In school 10th std. We group of girls five of us were sitting just before the bell rang . We sat near the gate.
    The moment we saw tenth student we would say Mrs. Thomas has declared a holiday for STD X. They trusted (now I feel bad but then it was fun) because we were the class monitors.
    We managed to send about 25 students back home. When we went to class , the turn out was very bad and Mrs. Thomas was very upset. We insisted that she should give us a break bcoz so many are absent . She relented and said that we could do what we wished for that day. We sat in the canteen. Gorged on Wadapavs. Sat in the library reading Nancy Drew .
    The next day we thought no one would say but a couple of them set the cat out of the bag and we were thrown out of the class for 2 hours and stood out giggling away to glory! Mrs. Thomas was v sweet. She didnt take us to the HM else....
    Pranky right??
    So whos next......??

Love,
    Devika

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Devika,
    So sweet of you too.....haa haa ur indeed naughty gal.....So, u duped all ur classmates???hmm....Poor those sould.. trusted ur words and absented themselves to school....

Okay...here goes my prank!

I planned to fool my dad on one 1st April...If i remember rite, it was wen i was in class 8.Dad usually comes home by 8 pm or so..but on this particular day he came home by 7 pm.So, my idea to play a prank was so bright:crazy.Mom always used to turn up home by 7pm and this day she did not turn up...So i quickly decided and cooked up a story in my mind.. but unfortunately...my mom came home..still i wudnt give up.. i bribed my mom with sweet talks and asked her to co- operate..Dad did not knew that mom returned from work, coz he was walking in the terrace!!

So i went to him n told, dad got a call from amma..she will be late..she asked u to make rice.(Dad does keep rice, if mom is late).So he hurriedly came down and dutifully keep rice in the cooker.I asked my mom to hide in my aunts place(they lived in groundfloor, we in first floor), hid herebag, slippers etc.Dad, then called us for dinner adn we sat down to eat..my little sis (in 5th class) was giggling....stupooobonk adn dad did suspect something!! As the saying goes...pala naal thirudan oru naal matuvaan, i forgot to hide my mom's lunch box, which dad noticed and along with sis's giggle.. he confronted me....I ran down ..called my mom and all 3 shouted APRIL FOOL!!!:hide:

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

nice to read the stories of your childish pranks, aishu and Devika...
    for my part....i am shy girl during my early days and think I am too now (do you think this statement as a prank, no problem)
    One instance, I remember even now...
    You know those days, we 'play' with friends in our streets..
    One was too close.
    She saw a lorry full of house-hold items in front of our house and asked me, are you leaving elsewhere? Her question is of no surprise to me because, my father had a transferable job, every 3 years at that time...
    I said yes and she went home, very sad.
    Then the next day she came to know the truth behind that lorry full of things.( It was my grandparents'.. who shifted their house after grandpa's retirement, to stay in our house) and asked me why you did this to me and I said I played a trick on you. After that no wonder, I was :hide: for some days whenever I see her...

sriniketan

5. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Before I comment on the "Tri Pranky Queens Pranks", I shall post what I had sent for the Contest. Hope you will enjoy the same.

$$$ A facetious prank $$$

A prank that is very close to my heart and that I enjoyed thoroughly, though with an acrid taste, (since I was at the receiving end in front of about 50 friends) is as follows. This April 02, 2008 was the day that crowned me with an ornamented chaplet. Yes, it was a day at college that will always remain fresh with lingering memories. We had our internal exams and our HOD called me to tell that there were delegates coming from the U.K Universities for a seminar cum open discussion on higher studies in their country. He wanted me to announce the same in all the classes and thus our internals schedule were altered to the afternoon session instead of the normal forenoon session. That created a spark in all the boys and they started playing in the class. Ours is the best class among all the four sections (as our former HOD gave us “B for Best” title), both in academics as well as in all the pranks and fun making. Few of them had gone to the PG Library to listen to the seminar, since I was the representative of the class I had to take in-charge of those who were there in the class. I remained silent and started to study along with my best friend (Vandana) for my internals – a tough one that afternoon with formulae and reactions of all orders. The seminar cum discussion got over exactly at noon and my class mates returned back to the class after lunch for the internals. Since I had not attended the seminar, I did not know any details of the same. There are a few boys who are very playful and with whom everyone feels at home. Two of them, named Govind and Kasim, approached me and brain washed me telling our internals had been cancelled and that it will be conducted with another subject the very next day. Though, I did not believe anything what they told, they somehow convinced me and I stopped my vigorous revision and went up to the board to write the flash news for others to be benefited. Every one else knows that I do not play with such things and hence believed what I wrote and almost closed their books. A minute or two passed by. Then Govind (whom I call my anna) walked up to me and said “What Janani, why are you propagating such wrong announcements in the class?” I retaliated “Eh anna, what is this? What’s happening? It was you who told me to announce the same and why are you backing now?” I am a very emotional person as against my anna who always remains calm and silent. Even without a slightest smile, he started to rebel saying he did not even talk with me! I was tongue-tied and could not even speak a word, as the time was nearing for us to clench on to our pens for the not-so-prepared exam. My heart sped fast as I was not sure of a couple of answers which I very badly wanted to revise, but pushed forward owing to the much heated up conversation in the class. I had no other go and called up one professor of ours who is very kind enough and down to earth (I could not even waste time running down the stairs to confirm from the staff room). It was as if “my ship had encountered a huge ice berg and struck up in the middle of an island for want of help”. I heard everyone shouting “APRIL FOOL CLASS REP” while I hung up the phone. I had to write what ever I knew in that test and all of us turned out laughing as we were writing our internals and I ended up narrating the whole incident to Ram sir, as he was invigilating.

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan :)

6. RamyaVaradharajan

Dearest Aishu ma'am,

You just proved what April Fools day was and from where it got its definition from. Oh.. Goose bumps was the only thing that I could associate after reading your post. The term "Guts" i know is running in your nerves. How did you come up with such a shocking prank ?? Am all surprised. I heard people tell that as soon as we get into IT sector, the initial phase of training will be tough and that we would miss our college life !! My goodness. Am one for sure that you had converted everyone's mentality that day with your pranky gestures !!! Really great !!

A good treat !!

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan

NB: I envy you too !! Always I had been only at the receiving end Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

7. RamyaVaradharajan

Dearest Moonbeams ma'am,

Now I know your culinary combined pranky skills Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh My goodness.. A beautiful cum fun filled prank which can never be forgotten by you and friend. More so with your friend since, she would even now feel the "spongy taste" Big LaughBig Laugh

With all these inspirations, probably, I will try my first prank on someone or at least with my group of friends !! Harhar You know something; my face will reveal what am up to and my smile and uncontrollable laughter will shatter away all my plans if at all i plan ha ha ha

Great one !!

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan

8. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

srini maam,
    for a shy girl, you really pulled your friend's legs...!! i've had some similar childhood experiences too....telling friends that u are leaving....they'll be with a long face for the rest of the day... !!

ramya,
    looks like your classmates really caught you off guard ...you can use all the pranks here to take them on next time... :)

9. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

I'd like to share here one that my friend pulled off this year...she's normally a very quiet one....so one dosen't usually expect pranks from her...
    she sent a mail on march 30th... with an attachment...

This is the text of the mail...

Finance minister P. Chidambaram has approved a Bill which comes into effect on 01.04.2008 and it states that all Privately Held companies need to give a minimum salary increment of 15% to all employees every six months.

This comes as a relief to petitioners appealing against the growing work hours in the Privately Held organizations and which do not have a proper system to check overtime.

The bill also mentions that all employees be provided 20 days of casual leave every year.

Please see the attached document for the list of companies which will be brought under the umbrella of the Bill in the first round of implementation.

And if the name of your company features in the list, kindly circulate this mail among your colleagues.

and am attaching the attachment she sent with this...chk it out...i showed it to DH and he eagerly opened it to see if his co's name was in the list...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  10. RamyaVaradharajan

My dearest Devika ji,

Extremely sorry, my connectivity failed when I wanted to give my feedback after reading your "SHOCKING" (read in Font Size INFINITY) prank !!! :spin:spin:rotfl:rotflI was imagining the varied expressions show cased by your husband when your friend "banged on" with hers !! My God !! Thats all I could tell then. I never knew that there would be a "Pranking Queen" hidden inside the "Talent personified Queen". Yes !! You really shocked me with your gesture !!!

How can one forget such a prank? Especially if one is at the receiving end, no words to tell !! (like the one i had experienced Big Laugh ). The intensity of the prank was so deeply etched that even we, the listeners (listener because I was almost visualizing everything happening in front of my eyes), cannot forget !!

I shall soon learn the pranking tactics from your end :):) Might be useful in the future :)shhh: tsk) :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan