1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Everything is beautiful once you change the way you see it.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 20, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Every person has the power to make others happy.
    Some do it simply by entering a room
    others by leaving the room.
    Some individuals leave trails of gloom;
    others, trails of joy.
    Some leave trails of hate and bitterness;
    others, trails of love and harmony.
    Some leave trails of cynicism and pessimism;
    others trails of faith and optimism.
    Some leave trails of criticism and resignation;
    others trails of gratitude and hope.
    What kind of trails do you leave?
    ―William Arthur Ward
    Everyone in IL knows that I always have the habit of giving first fb because I always want to be the first in everything. Whenever I see a thread without any fb I grab the opportunity and give first fb. I dont realise that if I wait and give the fb later after others have given I can understand the thread well and then give a better fb than the first fb I have given. Actually later only I realise that in some cases I dont understand the thread properly and my fb might not be up to the mark.

Also in FP forum I wait for the thread for finest post of IL is opened every month and there also I give the first fb and also before the end of that month or beginning of next month all my four nominations are over. Later when I see some excellent posts I feel why I was in a hurry to give the nominations. I feel happy when others nominate the post which I could not nominate because of finishing my nominations.

So now I have decided I will wait and give fb later so that my fb will be better and upto the mark.

In some cases being first brings happiness to me and others ,like being first in the class , being first in other things where our goal is achieved.

There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second.

Logan Pearsall Smith

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Nice one VijiMaa.....but I know and we all know that there is a thrill in receiving and giving the first Fb!

Wonderful and very thoughtful lines indeed.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

What a surprise RKG dear, I just saw you on line, so thought if you see my new thread you will definitely give me fb, thanks dear for the first fb and making my day with your first like and first fb.

I agree there is a thrill in giving and receiving the first fb but sometimes I feel the fb which I give for some threads might not be upto the mark

1 person likes this.
  4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

I personally feel that fb is the first feeling that comes to your mind....the first words that come to us on seeing a new and/or interesting thread/post. Those are the words that we immediately type out without much thought, meaning that it is what we feel when we see something. If we were to think how to write our Fbs then, the real feeling actually subsides.
    Fbs express our thoughts...tghey need not be very fancy as long as they convey the right message.

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

RKG dear I agree with you . I also feel so happy when I get the first fb also when get the likes, especially for my jewellery, drawing, rangoli etc because for that we have to put in so much hard work. Those people are great who appreciate our works in Hobbies, though it is only two words , saying it is superb or whatever they feel like saying for the work.I second your last line dear

1 person likes this.
  6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    I really appreciate your inquisitiveness and curiosity in doing things first and accepting that it may not be upto the expected standards.It is a rarity to find such people in this world.
    but sometimes ,you know, the first impression will be the beat impression.
    When we view and start analying,our own ideas creep up and the element of ecouragement may totally disappear.
    Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  7. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Vijima, I always feel very honored if you give my thread the first feedback :)

And you can always give more feedbacks too - thats the beauty of having threaded discussion forums ;-)

And the first heartfelt response is always gut feeling and is intuitive ! So thats also a good thing :)

1 person likes this.
  8. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Dear Madam,

Was smiling reading your posts. There is so much innocence in your words....
    Even I have wondered why people are in a hurry to nominate 4 threads for the best nomination by the first week of the month itself.

If we are given 4 nominations then we should keep them for 4 weeks so that we can nominate the best one per week.

If people like you ( who are the masters of snippets) finish your nominations in the first week of every month then people who are coming up with new threads will not be encouraged. Because they know even if there posts are wonderful it will receive less nominations since many of you have finished nominating.

So to keep up the josh of nominations it will be great madam if you could allocate per week ( just my thought) so that who ever writes in snippets will feel happy to receive FBs and nominations from senior people like you....

1 person likes this.
  9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    you are a gem. You always try to give the first FB to everyone and this act of yours is really very appreciable. People do feel happy and encouraged. Keep it up and we all like it.
    PS

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True Jayakka dear I agree that first impression is the best impression. Thanks for sharing your views