1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Be the Master of your will….. And the Slave of your Conscience ~ Aristotle

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 15, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

“The evil you do remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!” Do good and Don’t ever stop doing good, even if it is not appreciated at that time. If you like this, share it with others and I bet so many lives would be touched.

In life sometimes we do evil without our knowledge , purposely noone will do it. Unless they dont like that person or if they want to take revenge on someone. If we have good conscience we will never think of doing bad

You are strong when you Know your weaknesses….

You are beautiful when you Appreciate your flaws….

You are wise when you Learn from your mistakes…

I always go according to my concience and mostly my concience does not allow me to do bad too others. I get irritated when people take advantage of my soft nature and try to hurt me. But since I cant go against my concience I cant think of doing anything bad to them.

For more than a month my maid stopped coming for work. She told me she is not well and to look out for another maid. I could not get anyone in her place and I was finding difficult to manage also becauseof my health problems. She knew that it will be difficult for me to manage but she did not want to come back without me calling her. I told my old servant who worked for me many years and she told this servant and one day when she met she said I thought you gone someone . YOu did not call me so I did not come back. Since I was in need I toldher to come and she also started coming . I told her have a fixed time come at 11 .00 a.m. So now she comes between 11 and 12 pm . Earlier I used to give something to eat but then since she was coming late I thought she wont have. But could not be without asking her whether she will have. So sometimes she has and sometimes she will say I already had.

. GIVE but don’t allow yourself to be USED. LOVE but don’t allow your heart to be ABUSED. TRUST but don’t be NAIVE. LISTEN to others but don’t lose your OWN VOICE.

I CHOOSE…..
    to live by choice, not by chance;
    to make changes, not excuses;
    to be motivated, not manipulated;
    to be useful, not used;
    to excel, not compete;
    I choose self-esteem, not self-pity.
    I choose to listen to my inner voice,
    not the random opinion of others
    P>S You all might think why I am writing again about my maid but I feel I am not able to handle her . She has been working with us since 4 years and both have got adjusted with each other , so I dont want to go for another maid and I cant do without a maid .

2 people like this.

2. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

Dear vijima
    i could understand how much stress you are going through because of your maid. when I was reading your post i felt as if i am talking to my mother. She is also facing same problems. I think you are doing good in handling her. Please dont spoil your day because of maid.If you like i will ask my mother how she is dealing with her maid and come back to you.( as you both are sailing in the same boat, both pairs senior citizens living away from children, just both of them together for each other)

2 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Padma dear thanks for your first feedback which made my day. True dear I should not spoil thinking of her but what to do I feel she is taking advantage of me . She knows I cant boss over her and also knows I am helpless. Thanks dear for your concern

4. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Vijima..

This is a common problem with all maids..once they know we are dependent on them and get used to having them around to do the daily chores they acting pricey and arrogant..yes its very true too that they expect you to call them, follow up etc.

Just ignore her and let her do the regular work, she will settle down in a while..it is not worth worrying or taking tension about her...I know your doing your best, sure she will understand...

1 person likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    You have taken us to the lunch room conversations of office, each one sharing the tension they undergo with maid.
    Practical to the core writing.
    This has kindled me to share a few of my experiences with my maid in the form of a separate snippet. Thank you for motivation.
    Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  6. IndianLady009

IndianLady009 Gold IL'ite

Dear vijima,

Very well written...

I CHOOSE…..
    to live by choice, not by chance;
    to make changes, not excuses;
    to be motivated, not manipulated;
    to be useful, not used;
    to excel, not compete;
    I choose self-esteem, not self-pity.
    I choose to listen to my inner voice,
    not the random opinion of others

I really need to hear these words,especially today,when I am feeling low..

Thanks for making me cheer up.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True dear Scorpio today also I had to go out and I told her when I come back will call you, you come that time. She said ok and when I phoed she never attended and never came, tomorrow she will have some excuse to say

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Jaya dear glad to know my snippet made you write a snippet, I have yet to read your snippet

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to my thread dear and glad to know my thread made you cheer up

1 person likes this.
  10. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True words which Every one should follow.