1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Seventy one lovely years

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 10, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Life is a puzzle. Sometimes it makes us laugh and sometimes it makes us cry. We go through different events and stages in life.

We South Indians have two Birthdays , one is calendar Birthday and the other is star Birthday. Only some people celebrate their Birthdays, on star Birthdays they wear new dress and go to temple , put Rangoli in front of the house and make payasam.
    When we go through the old photo albums we feel a lump in your throat. Where did those wonder years go? . But when you look back, everything becomes a memory.

Today is my star Birthday. I cant believe that I have completed 71 years in life. The memories of childhood is there forever. The day did not start good today because early morning the current went off , as we had to go to my brother in law's house as it was my elder brother in law's death anniversary I did not have much work. I did not wantto wait till evening to put the clothes in washing machine so washed them and dried them.Thenwe went to Brothe rin law's house.

When I look back to the earlier days , the childhood memories make me feel happy . During childhood there were no worries, I was a free bird. As I was the fourth child did not have any responsbilities. School days were very enjoyable because I had a best friend who was rich and everyday we used to go in her car to school and evening I used to spend two hours in her house, one hour studying and one hour playing. From 7th to 10th we studied together and she used to help me in many ways. Though she was very rich and I was not so well off but still we enjoyed together and I was treated like a family member inher house. Till today we are friends and keep in touch.

I wanted to join College but those days girls were allowed to study only upto Xth. So after Xth I started working and my working life was very enjoyable , we were like a family, never felt that I was working in an office. Had somany bosses all younger to me . Did not know how 38 years went in working. ;Had the opportunity to travel by bus first , then by train for 18 years and then snce I had hip bone fracture travelled by contract bus which was fun travelling because we used to have housie or some game in the evenings in the bus, used to celebrate birthdays. My 50th Birthday was celebrated grand in the bus by ordering cake. One uncle most of the times used to bring idli , vada in the mornings for everyone. During Navratri first time all the people came to our house . When the bus completed 10 years they had a competition for the 3 buses which used to go indifferent routes of celebrating every function.

Now if I sit and think of those lovely school, office,and travelling in contract bus days , miss those days. It reminds me of the song though it is a love song

Wo Din Yaad Karo, Wo Din Yaad Karo
    Wo Chhupachhup Ke Milanaa, Wo Hasanaa Hasaanaa
    Wo Din Yaad Karo ...

Wo Din Yaad Karo, Wo Din Yaad Karo
    Wo Fulon Kee Chhaiyyaa, Wo Mausam Suhaanaa
    Wo Din Yaad Karo ...

Firate The Aazaad Hum To Chaman Mein
    Chaand Aaur Sooraj Hain Jaise Gagan Mein
    Ab To Ye Jeewan Hain Ulazan Kee Seemaa
    Dhadake Meraa Dil Ab Dheemaa Dheemaa
    Wo Din Yaad Karo ...

As you grow up make sure you have more dreams than memories , more opportunities than chances, more hard work than luck and more friends than acquaiantances

16 people like this.

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

:birthdaydear VijiMaa.....Many happy returns of the day....

Loved your post and thank you for sharing your experiances with us. We have a lot to learn from you.

Wish you all the very best always!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Happy Birthday Viji ma and wish you many more wonderful years. Have a blasting birthday :) You have been guidance to many of us, and all your posts had something to learn from it for us. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us

1 person likes this.
  4. minjagan

minjagan Gold IL'ite

HI Viji Mam,

Happy Star Bday to you.. we r blessed to have a senior most person in our IL...
    God(Baba) bless you with many more Healthy & Happier years.

1 person likes this.
  5. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

Many many Happy Birthday mam. Thank you so much for sharing ur experience and memories..

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

RKG dear thank you so much for making this 71 yrs old happy with your superfast like and wishes. Glad you liked my post and glad to see you here.

1 person likes this.
  7. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Many More Happy Returns of the Day Vijima. Very nice sweet memories.

1 person likes this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Many more Happy Returns of the day.Rolling years can bring Physical changes but you refresh yourself by having good contacts with friends.May God give you a happy and healthy life.

2 people like this.
  9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji Madam,
    Many Happy returns of the day!
    I wish you all happiness and good health in the coming years.
    Regards
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  10. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji Mam,
    Many more Happy returns of the day.

Thanks for sharing your innocent childhood and thoughts about 38 years of work life.
    You are a wonderful person. I am sure your must have played a very big role in making those 38 yrs and travel a memorable one.

God Bless
    Ganthi

1 person likes this.