1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I go nuts over him !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by parineetha, Sep 3, 2014.

1. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

It all started as puppy love.
    I met him on the days when I walked home from school. He didn’t mind joining me while my friends were there. They too loved his company you see. Highly energetic young lad, yet too simple and humble for his totally appealing, irresistible nature. He had a pale brown skin tone and innocent looks, every time I sneaked a look at him and my heart skipped a beat.

Those days were so much fun that, for all the silly jokes we made,he couldn’t stop cracking himself and we all sang aloud “ we will, we will Rock you!” :whistleI can’t believe how much of a Goober he was!

He just lived down my streets, so showed up at all places wherever I went. Parks, beaches, schools, bus stops, almost everywhere that he soon grabbed the attention of many. I did not like it when few mean people called him ‘Roadside Romeo’ and accused him of being noisy. Poor guy he was very good at heart.

He’s a sweet- talkin’, sugar coated candy man and many times I savored his other side as well.
    As years rolled by, our bond became stronger and healthier. BUT..BUT..things did not happen the way he wanted to..all my fault. I couldn’t say no, when a good looking young man just swept me off my feet that I fell head over heels in love for him and ended up marrying him. Promise! I did not ditch him completely. shakehead

My sinful (?) confession was out during our honeymoon time. He too teased me if I was just “Kadala potufying” (Frying Groundnuts)??? See, that was unwarranted and unsolicited. I was not ready to forgive him at all for such a careless statement. How dare he could make fun of his dear wife’s love for PEANUTS??? . hmm..Yea It's such a humble Goober,I simply can’t resist those nutties.

Leave alone the tiff I had with my husband then, I have settled the scores many times after that.
    But a part of me still aches, when these petty pity peanuts are mocked and called names. “IF YOU PAY PEANUTS, YOU GET MONKEYS”. Does that mean it’s just the monkeys who eat peanuts? And the CEO’s eat peanut butterrrr eh??? thinkingsmiley
    What did these poor peanuts do, to be used for the word ‘flirting’??? “kadala podurathu” (frying groundnuts). The justification that my DH gives is, just like the roadside groundnut selling vendors who make the strange noise in the pretext of frying them, some guys and gals just talk on and on with no context at all, but to simply draw some attention it seems.
    Wow what a Nut-O-logy?

Wait, How come he knew so much of “Kadala podurathu”??? emmm..emm..waitingsmiley

LESSONS LEARNT: -
    -----------------

1. Humble, meek and docile ones are often taken for granted, mocked and ridiculed.
    2. Stop messing up with your wife, else you’re inviting troubles. notdonesmiley
    3. PEANUTS are healthy, so heartily indulge…

-Neetu-

31 people like this.

2. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

nice post about humble peanut parineeta

1 person likes this.
  3. Gayathri67

Gayathri67 New IL'ite

Falli,
    did you get the message wrong/ I think Parineetha is talking about peanuts and not about puppy love.

3 people like this.
  4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ah Neetu, you almost had me there for a while!! but really an awesome narration... truly enjoyed you affair with the nut :)

I too love it especially the salted and spicy variety and prefer it over the sweet version... somehow to me if it is not chikki then peanuts are better with salt & spice :)

Enjoyed reading :)

2 people like this.
  5. parineetha

Take a chill pill..I did not cheat anyone.
    I tried my hand on subtle satirical humor on peanuts being used in slang's and sayings. Off course my love for it as well.
    Sorry if it didn't get through. Will try it better next time..:)

-Neetu-

2 people like this.
  6. parineetha

Many Thanks Padmaja for your kind appreciation. :)

-Neetu-

7. parineetha

Thank you Gayathri for bailing me out...U saved my face :bowdown

-Neetu-

8. parineetha

Thanks Akila for the lavish praise. It means a lot to me. :)
    I suffer from incurable sweet tooth, so chikki's are treats for my palate. But still love the salt n spice peanuts.

-Neetu-

9. parineetha

That's fine..Not a problem Falli.
    Thanks! U too have a blissful married life.

-Neetu-

10. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

wow very beautifully narrated...

1 person likes this.