1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Conversation with the Lord

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Tomorrow being Ganesh Chathurthi day, I wanted to interview the Lord myself to get to know Him better and perform my actions that would be pleasing my dearest Lord. As I thought holding my ears across with my crossed hands and doing sit ups is favorite way to invoke him, I did that and he did not fail to appear before me. The conversation with him started.

Viswa: What do you do so well to be so popular among children to elders and be present in every nook and corner of India?

Ganesh: It is simple. I listen to everyone’s prayers without interrupting them. I have all the patience in the world to let people talk whatever they want in my presence. Eventually, they find answers to their own questions and walk away praising me.

Viswa: How do people find answers themselves in your presence?

Ganesh: It has nothing to do with my presence. If they share their feelings, emotions and desires with other human beings, depending on their own mindset, they say things that complicate the matter further. When people talk to me with a hope and confidence that I would resolve their problems and provide solutions, they invoke the power within them to resolve their own issues. I only facilitate the process.

Viswa: Why do you have an elephant face?

Ganesh: Did you think the intention is to be different than the rest of the Gods? Certainly, not. My long ears are to communicate that I have all the patience to listen to the prayers of everyone (in other words to make people listen to their own inner voice), my tusk is the reflection of the Self-confidence of the people and my big forehead is the reflection of the knowledge everyone possesses, my eyes are reflection of love inherent in each one of you and my trunk is the effort everyone makes to live happily.

Viswa: Are you the Lord of knowledge and wisdom?

Ganesh: You are not following my words. I am what you see in yourself. If you dig deep into yourself until you see the surface of the seat of wisdom, you will find me.

Viswa: What is the significance of Ganesh Chathurthi?

Ganesh: It is a day when you realize that you are no longer your body or mind but a divine being having a human experience. You make Modhagams and present it to me as a symbol of recognizing that within your nice looking body, there is a seat of Ananda. You break the shell of the coconut to get the white substance to understand that within this hard core body and mind, there is a pure divine being. The day you realize that you are a divine being is the day your knowledge is complete and that is Ganesh Chathurthi.

Viswa: Let me ask you the question that bothers my mind a lot. Why do you practice celibacy? What is the message you are giving to all of us through your practice of celibacy?

Ganesh: I only want each one of you to know that your journey of life is alone towards the goal of merging with the Universal Absolute. Every other relationships you establish in life are transient in nature. You come alone into the world and you leave alone from the world. No one comes with you because they love you. In fact, your life’s goal should be to help each other to achieve your ultimate goal and not to dwell on transient happiness. Whatever life you choose, your goal should be to love everyone as your family. If you know exploring yourselves changes your perception of the world that is knowledge. If you know yourself before your spouse tells who you are, that is wisdom. If you abstain from ignorance and experience the light of knowledge, that is celibacy.

Viswa: Thank you, Lord. I am not sure I have understood everything you said but let me digest all that you shared today. I understand that the key to my future is in my hands.

Ganesh: I wish you happy Ganesh Chathurthi.

19 people like this.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswamitra,
    Can I add one more trait which everyone can learn from Ganesha? His sense of humour! I do not know in other places but in Andhra his idols are made according to people's imagination, some hilarious and some weird, all magazines are full of jokes about Ganesha and the naivedyam (Undrallu) that we offer to him. He doesn't get angry or give any "shapam". A lively God! If we take our problems in our life with a pinch of humour how easy things would be?
    Syamala

8 people like this.
  3. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for sharing this. I feel better reading this.

1 person likes this.
  4. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

Dear Viswa sir,

It was like a live commentry from ganesha, very lively one. Ask ganesha why is he having a big pot belly? Any significance of it ..

1 person likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Syamala,

Thank you for your first response. In simple terms, Ganesha is nothing bur reflection of our imagination and perception. If we are happy, He appears happy to us as well. He is nothing but reflection of our mind. He wants everyone to be happy. That is why he listens patiently to whatever we had to say with a smile in his face.

Viswa

6. Viswamitra

Dear Diva,

Thank you and I am glad you enjoyed reading it.

Viswa

7. Viswamitra

Dear God,

It is interesting that I get response from God when I write about my conversation with the Lord. The big pot belly is probably to remind us that the perception of the whole world is inside of us.

Viswa

8. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

Oh.. God keeps asking you to find out so that you experiment and show the world who humans are... :birthday lord ganesha, may you bless all humans with humanity so that atleast from your birthday let them turn in to humans....:cool2:

1 person likes this.
  9. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Reading mythology or just seeing them as a religious depiction has come of age - it's time we pick key learning points and adapt to lead a wholesome life.

You have done the same V', very well.

5 people like this.
  10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Nice presentation.It is good we have started learning management lessons and spiritual and yoga lessons from mythology.
    Such imaginary stories like " bagavan Padum paadu"( God's sufferings at the hands of human beings) were very popular in 1950s.
    Nice you have picked up the link again.
    Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.