1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yes!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Aug 28, 2014.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Some days start well. Only just. We then would be forced to endure the most of it and spend the end of the day in introspection. "Is there something wrong in me? But then I have not done anything bad to be at this end, yet...". In particular, the day of appraisal perhaps might just can't be better than this. Same here. After hearing some motivational speech where it all starts with "You can " and ends with so much of zeal and zest that you wonder for a minute, whether you could really do it. You may or not, thats different, but at that point of time, you feel so depressed and would like to leave the next minute after knowing the result. "Why have you not informed this to me before?", I wanted to ask, but saved time.

I just signed wherever required and came back with disappointment and anger written all over my face. Five minutes and I could not even resist seeing my face as such in the mirror as I crossed the reception wondering what people see in the mirror as they move. I then went to the rest room to wash my face and cheer up a bit. After all, the wait and the expectation were of the past then. Just as I entered, I saw "Repaired! Please use another one!" note above 2 of the 4 taps there. "What the heck!", I thought and waited as they entered. I knew that they were from the building maintenance, from their uniform. One was a bit middle aged, two others were in thirties I guess and one looked like he was in twenties, who quickly sprayed a lot of room freshener in the rest room and that included the place under the wash basins too, and left. Rarely have I seen people communicate so much in looks and so was engrossed in the old man's look. One of the other two quickly said, "Joined last week Sir! He doesn't know much here!". "Don't tell me! He is spraying room freshener like a corporation staff spraying insecticide!", he said. There was no sharpness and even the voice was at level but the message was conveyed. I was just amazed at this and stood by the side. "If these two are not fixed this evening, we'll cancel your contract. Period! We had enough already!", he said and the other two nodded quickly and spread like bees when seeing fire.

Later, I went down a floor to the restaurant and cursed seeing a heavy crowd. Waiting for food, I just reflected how the day went and when my turn came, I asked for something that was just over. The attending lady politely said "Sorry Sir! It just got over!" and I wondered whether my luck preceded me wherever I went. I ordered something else and went to the other queue, where I would be served. Within a couple of minutes, I saw this old lady carrying a heavy box of food items and ice-creams [came to know as she unpacked it and stacked them]. After a minute, she ran to me and said, "Sir! We now have what you asked for. Do you wish to change the order?". I was moved.

I don't see and cannot establish any clear pattern between such people. They are in different social strata yet exhibit the same thing - a lot more clarity and pride in what they are doing, however small or big it may be, with that odd human touch. They may not earn big or talk about that big, I am sure and a few who I know have been treated unfair as well. Yet they just do things with their style printed all over in it. That leaves an impression that stays long.

There I got my lesson and felt a lot better!

4 people like this.
  2. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

These experiences keeps us moving Rgs good one..
    hugsmiley
    Nicely written...to convey the message in a broader sense..

1 person likes this.
  3. rgsrinivasan

Wow! That was fast KishoreG. And yes, lets see what we can do rather than what is being given to us. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  4. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

Yes, we want everything to be streamlined and fair, but few things leave us with disappointments and we have to accept them..as we don't hav any other choice :)

1 person likes this.
  5. rgsrinivasan

You are spot on KishireG. Thanks for another quick feedback. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear rgs,
    When things do not go in our way or for anyone for that matter...everyone has their signature style in dealing with the situation. Taking control over situations may not be in our hands but dealing with the thing we can do and we do also. We see in day to day life how people react to the same situation. Yes, there is definite pattern or mathematical formula. Depends on the individual.....see how the attending lady behaved! I think it is better not to react immediately...the next day is different. As Scarlett O Hara says "Tomorrow is another day." Our thinking changes a lot.
    Syamala

2 people like this.
  7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

In my FB the sentence should be "there is no definite pattern or formula" instead of "there is definite pattern....". I observed it just now, because the single "no" gives a complete different meaning. Sorry for the error.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear RGS,

When one loves what he/she does, it shows up in their actions. Every human being around us is a role model in one aspect or other. Sometimes, a few of our skills are hidden and we discover that all of a sudden. Similarly, we don't recognize some of our issues until someone points it out to us. Neither coming to know we have a skill that was unknown to us thus far nor coming to know our issues for the first time is the end of the world. The life moves on.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  9. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Good One! Signature style of Rgs :thumbsup:biggrin2:
    Am soo much reminded of a scene from Vasool Raja M.B.B.S movie(Guess you would have seen it) where the housekeeping old man sulks cleaning the hospital floor and Kamal peps him up saying he is doing such a divine service equal to that of the doctors by keeping it clean and germ-free. The old man then finds a new vigor and feels so proud of what he is doing..
    Likewise, big or small, anything done with human touch goes a long way..Also such instances reinstates the lost pride in what we do.
    You know, at the start of my career, I used to get carried away by the brand image of the company I worked for. Was in-fact my dream company and fell love with it almost. My Amma used to tell me, love the job you do and not the organization. It might kick you out anytime, but the work you do, will never.
    Now few years down the line, have understood the power play of corporate politics :-D.

-Neetu-

1 person likes this.
  10. rgsrinivasan

You are right Syamala. But then it all needs our conditioning ourselves to accept things as they come to us and look for the positive things, without compromising our own quality. Not reacting immediately may, at times force us to do something else later on. This also may not be always right. But I see the point in this. Thanks. -rgs