1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

PRETENDING by ANANYA TALES

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ananyakiran, Aug 23, 2014.

1. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

Some people have a difficult time facing truth and reality. They prefer to live in a make-believe world, pretending that certain things aren't happening. I was one of them.

In my childhood, it was easy to pretend than to tell the nagging society about my real feelings. It gives you a great deal of courage when you pretend you are strong.

You pretend you are a confident person, over the years You really tend to become one.

I have pretended for so many years, I accept it !

I have pretended to be a care free teenager, when I had many unconventional responsibilities !

I have pretended to be Brave, when in reality I was trembling inside with fear.

I have pretended to be happy, when there was only pain and sadness within.

I have pretended to love my LIFE, when I could have given anything to live someone else's.

I have pretended that I have a strong emotional support, when all I needed was someone to understand.

I have pretended that I don't care what you think of me, because I knew even If I tried you wouldn't like the real me.

I have pretended that society's harassing questions have not hurt me, when they did.

I have pretended that I have chosen to do it, honestly I had no choice.

Few years back there came a sudden transition phase, I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy into What I really wanted to be!

These days I'm so less interested in pretending to be a lot of other people, and much more interested in being me.

There is something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself . RISK IT !

Modesty is also an art of enchanting your charm by pretending not to be aware of it !

Have you ever pretended ?? Tell me about it !

2. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

Pretending itself is hiding one's own attitude......which I don't like...

but few situations let people to do such.... it depends on various factors.

1 person likes this.