1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Like It or Lump It?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Aug 20, 2014.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

To like, dislike, unlike is the question. And I am like "well, I really don't know, it is a life and death question". I don't quite like one fact about myself, like I am such an indecisive type, you know? A very "confused type", if you know what I mean. Like I never know in what sense the word "like" is used - "like" as in "like" or "like" as in comparison or the new dictionary meaning of the word meaning "said".

Now I am a very "simple types". I understand things if they are straight forward. But if they are complicated like words with multiple meanings, how am I to understand?

Like what happened this evening. I was as usual busy farming. In between I went to scrounge for some items on a live feed on FB. I saw "like 2 hours baby bottles give and take". The first thought that crossed my mind was that it was like 2 hours since the baby bottles had been posted. Now my simple mind got confused and was like "When did FB start saying 'like two hours' since something was posted"? I always thought it was only "young types" who used such "lingo".

Now that I have started reading like young people, I like to think that I too am one of those "young types". Well, what do I think of the modern day "lingo"? Well, I am like I have only four options: like it, lump it, dislike it or unlike it.

Which do you choose? I just hope you are not one more of those "confused types".

10 people like this.

2. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

haha.... swatzi I am like ...um ...u know...like ...finding this absolutely like ....funny laugh1smileyMaybe i am getting along in age...but i too find the modern lingo ..confusing.. I am like meh :crazy when it comes to meaningful words like "like.. you know and not to mention sms lingo".... but i do "like" ur write up :)

3 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi MM, so wonderful to see you back here. I am like, jumping all over my seat, i.e. if you can treat a divan as a seat and a recumbent "seatee" as capable of jumping! :rotfl

Thanks for the "like". I surely "like" it very much.

4. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

With the innovation of new slang words for flexibility, the actual use of the words is affecting..there by leading to a confused state of mind

1 person likes this.
  5. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha ha

I was not LIKE one of those confused types until I read this - you would LIKE this response and LIKE my state now and you will be happy now :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

I am like whatever.. let me like the likes till the likes of me like me.. hehe like someone cares what I like!

3 people like this.
  7. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

When I reading this I was like "oh my God" like this really funny :rotfl

1 person likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Rephrased Swati, it should be "Now that I have started reading like young people, I like to that I too am one of those, LIKE "young people"!

Jeez seriously! What's with us and the word like. I laughed out loud when I asked a friend why there is no like button in whatsapp!! Then I knew, I have crossed over but still I will not say
    I am not one of those confused types but I am only 'like' them. It looks like the word Like comes handy figuratively and literally when we are lost for words!!

1 person likes this.
  9. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Satchi,

Like after reading your snippet I would like to think that you are like one of a kind ..Ha ha

and like the way you put up your thoughts is like quite humorous.....ha ha

And like I ran of words to say more...

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  10. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

By reading your post i am totally confused in finding from which category i belong whether confused or stable .

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.