1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rajesh Khanna’s Ashirwad

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Rajesh Khanna’s Ashirwad

Today I was surprised to learn of the deal of Rajesh Khanna’s sea facing Bunglow for 90 crores. The amount is very small, for a 600 meter plot, and they say it is haunted. ( I HAVE CHECKED UP THE INTERNET AND A FEW THINGS ARE FROM THERE)

The story of the house I was reading is very interesting. Naushad had a sea facing bunglow, and it was everyone’s envy back in the fifties. There was an old bunglow next to it, a broken down one, which was said to be haunted, and no one lived there.

Rajendra Kumar had just become an actor, and fell in love with the Bunglow but he had no money. He rushed to BR Chopra, and told him, that I will work for u for 3 movies in a row, provided u give me advance money now, I want to buy that bunglow.

BR Gave him 90,000, and rK found out the owner, and bargained it for 65000/-. But RK was scared to go in, bcs of the ghost, but his dear friend Manoj Kumar, told him don’t be silly, get a pooja done, and move in. in gratefulness, he kept his son’s name as Manoj, who later became the actor Kumar Gaurav !!!

And this bunglow was named DIMPLE, after RK’s daughter. When Rajesh Khanna bought this bunglow he wanted to retain this name Dimple, but Rajendra kumar refused, for he was making another bunglow by the name Dimple. Rajesh khanna had heard this wsa a lucky house for Rajendra and it may be for him too.

Well, that is what happened, and this house proved lucky for Rajesh Khanna who became the new superstar, and Rajendra kumar well went downhill, so the house , which was haunted was good for the current owners eh ! And look at this, Rajesh khanna got a wife named DIMPLE eh !!!!! What a strang coincidence.

It was in this bunglow that Rajesh Khanna had his famous parties with friends going on late in the night. I remember Stardust quoting those days drinking friends like Shyam Keswani a Sindhi and a lawyer, kaka bhatija, and a few others, one being Sudhir, whom I met and interviewed, and he told me many stories of those meetings, he was a regular there most of the nights.Sudhir died last month.

And Rajesh fell from grace, after Amitabh’s Zanjeer. A man who used to receive hundreds of bouquets on his birthday, from unknown fans, to letters written in blood, when his female fans used to stand for days outside his home just to have a glimpse of Rajesh, there came a time, when there was no body, not even a bouquet.

His wife and daughters left him alone, his fans and movies disappeared, so did his friends, who made a livelihood out of his company. And then his life went away, and now his Bunglow goes away.

From dust to dust, could not have been more apt, than Rajesh Khanna and his Bunglow.
    Well dad was dear or not, the money surely is, which is being slit between the two daughters, and nothing for wife Dimple ? Strange are the ways of the world.Will we see a fight between the mother and the daughters over the share of the money? And another claimant, Rajesh khanna;s friend Anita Advani , who claims she was his companion in his last years, has also staked a claim to the bunglow, saying she took care, and she must be reimbursed. Well well !!!!!
    Amen

KAMAL MAHTANI

3 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Complicated but an interesting story Kamalji. Haunted...to bring good fortune looks like the name Dimple had to go with the house.

It is indeed wise to pause and see - the way things end...oh well K ji I don't want to go there. I am sure the famous personalities you wrote about also were humane and made some difference to someone's life and are remembered fondly. Rajesh Khanna, whatever his personl story am sure has left his mark in the Indian Cinema!

1 person likes this.
  3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Why do some film stars mess up their lives in spite of being popular, in spite of earning crores and crores of money? We see this kind of pattern in many film star's lives.They mess up their personal lives also. Any popularity is short lived...any field. They have to live like ordinary citizens when popularity wanes away. Can't they take it? Now the family is fighting over the property.In Telugu also some film stars like Savithri messed her life...very tragic her life in the last days.

Who doesn't want money? I like the sentence "well dad is dear or not, the money is surely....". How true it is? I have seen quite some fights in some families.

Syamala

4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji... I thought the bungalow was in dispute and 90cr is definitely less for this property.. you think Kaka ghost is haunting the place???
    Rajesh Khanna was a phenomena of his time and nobody however famous can take this away from him. its sad how so many stars of yesterday have died in sheer poverty nowadays the stars are more savvy with their money.. investing in other avenues as they've realised how short lived stardom can be

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Amazing string of co-incidences Kamalji. Sad to see how people can go to pieces, no matter how great or proud they were. Life is the greatest leveller.

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,
    now not even a dog goes there.Close by are SRK and Salman khan's where people tell taxi chap to show them these houes, and in the old days at any given time, there were a few dozen fans waitingoutside for glimpse of Rajesh Khanna.

yes he left his mark, but he had a big ego, and could not anticipate his downfall, which comes ultimately. Very few like Warren Buffet keep going on and on, genreally we have our periods of ups, and we should know that we will be down at one tinme.

May his troubled sould rest in peace. That babe Anita Advani, his friend in his last days, the court has allowed her to see the copy of the will, so now there is a fight on hand .They will have to buy her ioff

Regrards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sy,

in the park where i go, a rich guy has put benches for us to sit, with his fathers name.Seems when the father died, this osn and other sisters did not allow the body to be taken to the crematorium, till the property was settl;ed. That is life Sy, Savitri was quite famous i think, no ?

Regards

kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kelly,

i remember that Rajesh Khanna was broke , and his bunglow was to be acquired by the income tax guys. That just one bulb usedto burn , that it was in bad shape.

Suddenly akshay kumar entered, fortunes changed, Rajesh khanna was the second highest tax payer sonme years back, so god knows what is haunting this bunglow.HAHA

YEs todays stars are smart. they are investing in properties, farmlands, shares andother positive avenues. And making money grow.Yes stardom can be very short lived for sure.

Thanks kelly, Swati is in poona as active as ever on FB andhere.

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Swati,

Yes true, we see it m, but we dont pay attention to it, saying this wont happen to me, but well everyones day will come, when we are down and out.

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mr Kamalji,

When we were working at TataMotors. We were allotted a quarter. A friend of us who was also residing in the same multistory building told my hubby whoever occupied the house before, some death was sure to happen and so better not to take it.My hubby told the friend we did not believe that the house had to do something with death. We did take that house and stayed there till he retired from service.
    Though this is not relevant to your postI just remembered this. We call this rasi illatha veedu meaning inauspicious house.
    PS