1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life is full of blessings Sometimes we are just too blind to see them…..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 27, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Life is a marvelous instructor. The journey that we traverse is called life.Life is not a bed of roses. we can’t tolerate them. But we should never lose hope.

Today after finishing my cooking and prayers I sat on the chair to clean the down portion of the kitchen table. I was just trying to pull something and I fell down and just sat down. Due to hip bone fracture I cant sit down and in case I fall it is very difficult to get up. I think I was not sittingproperly on the chair thats why I must have fallen down. Then sitting down only went to the front room and told my husband to help me to get up and with his help somehow got and sat on the sofa. Otherwise fully getting up will be difficult. My husband asked whether I got hurt anywhere. Luckily by God's grace nothing happened. Sat for sometime and then got up and I had to clean the vessels so finished that work. Now since two weeks my maid also stopped coming and it is so difficult to get another maid. Now a days maids also are on demand. I want only for sweeping and swabbing as due to hip bone fracture that is difficult.

The above took me back to June 1991 when I had hip bone fracture. That day was school reopening day for my children. My elder daughter was going to Xth, my son to IX and younger daughter to VIII. I was a working woman. Usually both me and my husband get up at 5.30 a.m., he goes to buy mlik after brushing teeth and I after brushing go and take bath. But that day I was feeling a little tired so told my husband you go and buy milk , I will get up after you come back. But when he came and rang the bell I got up but fell down and could not get up. Somehow sitting only I went and opened the door. I did not want to disturb my children because it was early morning. My husband thought its only a cramp or something so he told me it will be alright after sometime , just applied some thailam and as I still could not get up , he did the cooking with the help of my daughters and went to office. Later also I could not get up the Doctor came and saw and gave some medicine. Later only came to know it was a hip bone fracture and I was admitted in the hospital and on the 3rd day was operated and was told to be in bed for two months . Since the operations was not successful and I could not get up also again another operation and then only after exercises was ok . Since I was in bed for two months there was no blood circulation due to which I could not walk and after doing physiotheraphy I was alright and with stick in hand started going to office. After some years in 1999 I had another operation by a well known Doctor and hip joint was fixed and was told not to sit down or bend . I cant do namaskaram also.

By God's grace I was ok. After my operation next month was my husband's 60th Birthday so had two days function of Rudram etc. Earlier since I was not so old I could manage somehow but now since nearing 71 yrs sometimes find it difficult but somehow managing by God's grace and elder's blessings .

To face important]hardships of life, it takes great deal of valor and courage. Failure is not fatal. Keep on trying makes you stronger. Don’t let life break your inner strength.

5 people like this.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Hi vijima,
    sorry to hear of your fall - good that there was no hurt as such. You positive spirit will anyways keep you cheerful and brisk again. Take care.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Joy dear for your first fb which made my day and for your concern

4. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijimadam

71years is a small number for your caliber, i will pray god for you.. I wish you get a century along with uncle.. Take care of yourself.. Sooner you can find a maid, as i have read many of your post i think if you tell uncle about ,maid he will surely find someone as he moves out for others help. Somebody will come to your help.. So please don't strain madam.. Take care...

1 person likes this.
  5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji Madam,
    You have amazing will power, balanced mindset and courage to face every problem in life. We have to learn a lot from you.
    I wish you and your husband good health and good times in coming years also.
    Regards
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  6. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Viji,

After a time I have landed here.I missed you all here,

you are the motivator for every one here.You can face challenges....Proud of you..

Love
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  7. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Dear Aunty
    pls take care of your health. Till you get a maid, you can try those long-handled mops. I also use them. Only you many have to take uncle's help for squeezig out the water.

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

God dear you are making me feel happy with your sweet fb. Thanks for your prayers dear. I dont want to live hundred years dear that will be too much because health problems are there. Ya dear we are searching for a maid and have told people, let us see what is God's wish, He will take care and soon he will show the way

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shyamala glad to get your fb . You are making me feel on the top of the world with your appreciation. thanks but I dont know whether I am worthy of that. Thanks for your good wishes for me and my husband which is very much needed

10. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

good that you recovered fully well from the fall, aunty !

1 person likes this.