1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

We can Break out of our Bad Karmas

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ChennaiExpress, Jul 27, 2014.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Life is Good.

I escaped from an abusive arranged marriage, and have the support of my dear Father.

I have my whole life ahead of me to do and achieve great things.

The ones near and dear to me are alive and well.

There is potential to work hard at something and achieve things.

I have my health and well-being.

The scars of emotional and physical abuse are healing.

God is empowering us. We are all doing things through God's strength.

I am a Victor and not a victim.

I am the Head and not the tail.

We all live and die by our Karmas. We may be working out our Karma for a bad deed we did several lifetimes ago. I really believe if we focus our energy on God, the Higher power, and doing something productive to improve our lives, we can work out our Karmas sooner.

I remember when I first got married, I praised God, and said He moves mountains to make miracles. I asked him to show me how to be the best and loving wife. While I wanted for my husband to come from India, I kept praising God that he gave me a wonderful husband.

I turned out, my husband was a nightmare, BUT I found out early on, while the marriage was still early, while the damage was still minimal .... while I still have a chance to move on, heal, and be united with a Husband that God has destined for me.

We all have unfair things happen to us, but if we believe in a bright future, I believe God, the Universe, the Higher power, or what you would like to call it will lead us to it.

This reminds me of the story of Tererai Trent. She was born in rural Zimbabwe with no running water or electricity in her home. Only boys were allowed to go to school and no matter how much she begged her father, she was not allowed to go to school.

You would think this is her Karma, and she will be stuck in poverty, and continue the cycle of poverty with future generations because of an evil deed she committed several lifetimes ago.

But Tererai was different. She really wanted to go to school and even did her brother's homework for him.

Her mother told her she should write her dreams, put it in a tin can, and bury it down in the ground. If she believes in her dreams, it will come true.

Many years later, after having 5 children and having escaped from an abusive husband, she has a Bachelors, Masters, and PhD from USA and is happily remarried. Now she is a humanitarian and a professor (and one of my Linkedin connections! ), and all time favorite guest of Oprah.

Tererai focused her energies on possibilities, what could be. When you want to improve your lot in life, you are improving the rest of the world. You are helping people around you, and God will see your intentions and help you.

tererai_trent.jpg Terarai on Oprah Winfrey show

tererai_and_husband.jpg Tererai and her husband

Video on Oprah, Tererai Trent's Story - Video

Tererai's Humanitarian website, http://tereraitrent.org/

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    2 people like this.

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

By our Prayers we seek help from God and HE save us from drowning and helps to swim in the ocean of Karma.I think it is impossible to overcome karma and many elders are in our forum who can explain in detail.what i have given is my own opinion and not to harm others.

1 person likes this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

yes we must always look to a God to navigate out if our Karmas .... keeping our energies focused on things that make God happy ..... and be great full to God for all He has done

4. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Cheenai,

I think we should consider our challenges as the result of previous karma.

And when we have this awareness we could generate more positive energy around. This will make easier for us to win any battle of life.
    Moreover it will guide us not to add more negative karma in our account as well.
    God is always there...within us and everywhere else for us.

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  5. ChennaiExpress

I believe so too. After we overcome these challenges (i.e. resolve previous karma) then life starts to look brighter, we become better than we were before ....