1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dreams and me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SGBV, Jul 23, 2014.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I know dreams are dreams and they are the mere indication that either we had eaten a lot or slept with empty stomach. Also, I am aware that most of the dreams are reflections of the past happenings, and they do occur during the rapid eye movement period (during the early minutes sleeps).

Having said that, I have been dreaming something weird in the past years, only to understand that these dreams tell me something. Something like a warning, or a message from someone to alert me from the actual disaster. I am sure that I am sounding crazy here. Believe me, I am not.

I had a bad dream somewhere in 2009. It was a dream of a cyclone attack in my home town. I saw the damaged houses, bleeding victims, fallen coconut trees and what not. I was living in abroad then, but my hubby and parents were living in our native that time.
    I woke up with extreme fear, and rushed to the church as it was still a mid-night back at home, so I could not call anyone to inquire about.

To my bad luck none of my family members' phones were working that morning. Somehow I reached my husband after a while only to know that there was a Tornado in my home town. Many houses were damaged. Though our house is relatively safe, there is no info about my mom and sister who visited our neighbors' house that time.
    Our neighbor's 2 story house was totally collapsed, and there were nearly 50 members attending a function including my folks. Thank God, later that day my husband confirmed that my mom and sissy are safe with minor injuries.

The next nightmare was around 2011. I had a dream of playing with a male infant with my brother at our relative's house. However, suddenly we both realized that this infant is no more. He is dead. We were frightened to tell this to my relative and then the drama staged.
    I woke up with a heavy heart, as I knew my relative was carrying a male child and she was nearing her due date then. But I did not reveal my dream to anyone as it is not a good news to share with.
    Shockingly we were informed that my relative was admitted in the hospital due to broken water bag, and expecting her baby soon. To everyone's sadness, the baby came to this world as a stillborn that night. Needless to say my fear, guilt and anger that moment.

Similar dreams comes and goes... but not every dream affects my mental peace like them though.

Last night I had a dream. It was the most horrific dream that one could imagine about.
    In that dream, I was working late in my office to arrange for a programme. A person from my neighborhood informs my colleague that there was an accident in the street (where my residence is) and one child was badly injured. As a mom, I immediately sharpen my ears to this news to confirm it is not my child. But he said it was a male child, who just returned from the preschool. I called up my home immediately, but no one answered. At the same time, my other mobile rang, where one of my friend's mom called me only to tell bluntly that my son was the victim of that road accident. God... I know it was a dream, but I lived that horrible moment last night.
    I could not sleep till the morning.
    The bad part is that I am away from my home/son this week, as I am in BKK right now with H and my little girl for a business matter.
    I normally leave my son at home whenever I go such trips, as I am a frequent traveler. I don't want to disturb his studies and other extra classes with my short trips (of 3-5 days every time).

Today, I informed my mom about my dream, and asked her to be vigilant. I could not stay normal here in my office though.

Now, I received a call from my mom that my son had fallen from a play ladder from the high end. It seems he is fine though he has some pain here and there. Despite being extremely careful with my child today, the teacher expressed her shock to my mom.

For the safe side, I've advised my mom to take my little son to the doc this evening. I spoke with him, with my maid and my MIL also to ensure that he is fine, and the fall was not direct from the height, but he somehow held his hand in the side handles. But it was really shocking for both the teachers and us, as if the fall was otherwise, it would have been a real nightmare.

In Christianity we believe that Joseph, the son of Jacob had so many dreams about the future happening. We sometimes believe that God speaks to us through dreams.

My dreams are confusing me. I am totally upset and scared of what has happened with my dreams so far.

Has anyone traveled the same dream voyage as me?

4 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Scary eh !

No i have not had this kind of dreams, but i often dream of some wierd things, like i dont have clothes, in a strange land, and i am running to cover myself, sometimes i dream about falling hard on the bed, and i wake up with a start, but nothing of the sort u dream about. i think a movie too had come, in english called Cat of 9 tails, and in hindi as 100 or something, where the herioned comes to know what is to happen n future btu she cant see faces of the victims.

i offer no solutions, i dont know really, still brave of u to not go crazy.

God is with u.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your first feed back. Such dreams occur only once or twice as I said above. Not everytime.

Normally I too have repeated dreams of having to go to a dirty wash room. Sometimes I do dream repeatedly about climbing in a ladder, stair case or something to the up, but could not reach where I wanted to go. Either I fall down, or due to the fear of being fallen I stop my attempt.
    But I must tell you that my last dream of this sort was that I somehow managed to climb the top of something despite of various fear.

Such dreams never affect my mind. I dream, and then I may spend a few mins to understand what does it means to me.. That too if I am left with no other works on that day.

But dreams like I mentioned above in my OP were really frightening. I live and re live in those dreams with fear. Though they happen once in 2 years or so... I can easily sense the difference from other usual dreams. My entire body feels this dream, and I am so obsessed with them now.

4. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

It looks like you have clairvoyance in some degree. I understand your sense of guilt when untoward incidents happen, but pls remember, you are not causing those things! In a way, look at this as a blessing, as you can take some precaution (as you did with your son this time).

The recurring dreams about the dirty washroom - maybe you are an obsessive cleaner! :) Jokes aside, it might just reflect some thoughts that are deep inside your subconscious mind, and need not have any substantial meaning.

When you get dreams that warn you, take necessary precautions, but remember, some things are not in our hands (like the dream of the baby), so don't blame yourself if anything goes wrong.

Don't worry, dream on, and sleep in peace! :)

2 people like this.
  5. AparnaAkhil

AparnaAkhil New IL'ite

Dear Fren,

I can realize your restless heart.please be patient and try to surrender your heart to the God, the Almighty.nothing will happen to your sweet little kid.me too had many dreams like and get terrified.but always i use to surrender with god.so far nothing happened me so.

1 person likes this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot for this soothing response Crazy writer. I am yet to know what is clairvoyance means (Did you mean clear vision in French?). let me google it first.

I heard from one of my colleague here that I get this "Precognitive dreams" as someone, sometimes gets this. It is something like a message or warning from some source.

Since these dreams don't come regularly, I will soon forget them all. But it shatters me to the core when such dream happens the next time. It is always about bad incidents.

Thanks friend
    I too surrendered myself completely to the God. If not him, where can I seek refuge at this time

1 person likes this.